Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

REX Seasons has been released

13 hours ago, RW1 said:

I'm in. Considering REX's history of providing great looking environment products for flightsim it's worth it. 

Post some picks with it doing its thing, please.... 🙂

9 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

spacer.png

It's still not working with the S/N and order number.....

It's because you spilled some red paint, on the serial key...wipe it off and try again...(JUST KIDDING....LOL!)  Hope you get it all working and soon.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I finally got it installed by setting up a new account.

Anyway, overall, it seems like a decent product. I'm happy about being able to change the tree height, as well as the automation feature. It installs something to update the trees based on system time, and there are 4 or more presets for each season. I guess it rotates through those presets, so you never really know which ones you'll get for that season. I'll have to do a bit more comparison, but, so far it seems to be working.

I did 4 short tours in Alaska, Chicago, Florida, and Cape Town.

Alaska looked pretty believable.

Chicago looked alright, not much different from Bijan's trees. They were a bit too full for winter, but they worked.

Cape Town looked fine. Green trees for summer, nothing too special.

Florida is where the biggest issue was. There were "winter" trees there. I didn't check the other tropical areas, but in comparison, Bijan has it beat for the tree biome placement.

spacer.png

Are these orange groves? I'm confused.

• Like 2

I'll wait and see if it survives an Asobo update before I decide to buy it.

• Upvote 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I'm sorry that others have to be so crass but I would just wait to hear from the REX team for full compatibility notes. 

No worries, I've been there too. Most times I just go onto the next post, but sometimes I hit reply. It happens.

The REX devs have answered my original question so now I know for sure.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi V1ROTA7E. Can you please let me know where in Florida this is? Thanks. 

KFMY

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I'm glad I held off on buying Bijons mod. My fingers were literally hovering over the buy button over at simmarket, but I could just never figure out what it does beyond replacing various trees, which, I'm sure is great, but not for 32 smackers, the pics I saw showing the terrain overlay didn't convince me at all. 

I pretty much buy every REX product at launch, have been doing so since they released their first products. Easy set it and forget it setup, great support, here and on their Discord channel, and frequent updates. 

It won't be perfect -boo hoo, my little mango tree in my little hamlet where I live doesn't look like this in the winter!!!!!! - and perhaps it won't be needed when Asobo comes out with their own implementation, or, who knows, someone comes up witrh a perfect season addon that'll make cows word not allowed sideways....

What matters is that this sim is being pushed along like a Formula 1 car coming out of a tire change. 

• Like 1

Doesn't look like KFMY to me. I've flown out of there IRL and also in the sim. Is this sunset perhaps?

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

Are these orange groves? I'm confused.

I flew in real life in So Florida for many years, never saw anything like that...

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

16 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Great comment scotchegg, thanks for that. The REX team are currently prototyping similar terrain coloring and are looking forward to implementing this in the future

Please don't overdo it. I don't know where it is coming from, that a lot of folks want the terrain to change colour during fall. Is is because in FSX and Prepar3D everything turns grey/brown in the fall? That is not real. At least not where I live. Grass stays pretty much green all year long.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I flew in real life in So Florida for many years, never saw anything like that...

Looks like they are placing Fall colors that you would normally see in the Adirondack Mountains in Florida which is not good....

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Looks like they are placing Fall colors that you would normally see in the Adirondack Mountains in Florida which is not good....

I guess its like any new app, there is a period of bug fixing.  I have made several flights over the UK and looks good so far.

• Like 1

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D CPU    GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG
Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch Monitor  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR,6500MB/sW)
External Storage 3X 4Tb Hard Disks

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately I can attest to this.  I live in Tampa Florida.  Our fall season colors here are modest at best.  There's definitely a lot more green here than there is the vivid fall colors that are in the northern US area in the fall.  I hope they can get this fixed.  I purchased the item right about because it looks really great.  There's been lots of talk of Bijon's trees here and while it is a very good product, it was a bit lacking in colors in areas  as the Great Smokey Mountains.  This product does excellent in those areas but it uses the same colors of the GSM here in Tampa Florida.  That's definitely a no-no.

• Like 1

I will buy for this tree modification alone: “An irregular-shaped canopy for deciduous trees is available in addition to the default shape (which is predominantly a rounded canopy). The irregular-shaped canopy makes a nice difference, as deciduous trees with irregular canopies look more varied in shape.

I have always hated the default rounded canopy of MSFS. It looks unreal and immersion breaking. Can you give an option of just buying tree enhancements alone? I am among those who don’t need seasonal changes. Also wish there be more tree enhancement update in the future. Trees are so important. Thank you REX for the modification of trees!

Edited by dongdongliushui