Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

Did anyone find a comprehensive tutorial for the Kodiak yet?

Other than Ryans, the missionary bush pilot. His aircraft has some options that the in-sim one doesn't.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

20 minutes ago, Rudiii said:

Did anyone find a comprehensive tutorial for the Kodiak yet?

Other than Ryans, the missionary bush pilot. His aircraft has some options that the in-sim one doesn't.

The differences between Ryans aircraft and the MSFS Kodiak, are minuscule. Watch all his videos and you will learn alot. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The differences between Ryans aircraft and the MSFS Kodiak, are minuscule. Watch all his videos and you will learn alot. 

They are very good and I enjoy watching them. But given that it's mostly a vlog, I'm struggling to follow any comprehensive tutorial. He drops tidbits of information but he has a job to focus on.

I would benefit from something more sterile and laid out.

It seems everyone and their mums have made FBW A320 tutorials due to it's popularity. I hope we see some based on the Kodiak as time goes on. 

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, dsmbell said:

Hi, I have a question about cabin/cockpit temperatures. In the manual it advises that the Env Control System takes account of open doors etc. However, I am not sure this feature is working. I load the aircraft, inside temp is 25, I open all the doors but even with an outside temp of 3c, after 10 min the inside temp remains at 25c - this can't be right. Has anyone else had this?

I haven't checked it on the ground yet myself but the system clearly works here: I opened the little window on the left during flight and the temps dropped like a bomb on the left side first! In order to get temps back to where I wanted them I actually had to turn the blower on which gave a nice blowing sound. That sound even changes when you set the fan slower or faster! Great detail! Didn't even notice those on/off button at first and wondered why it stayed so cold LOL

EDIT
Talking about detail: the fan for the pax can only be heard when you move to the the back of the plane! Nice!

EDIT
Opened the window once more during approach and now the temps only dropped 1 degree or so. This option really works! Great stuff!

EDIT
And during landing the temp even raised to the outside temp with the device off! 🙂

Edited by tup61

Do you guys get visual structural icing on wings or fuselage ? I can only see ice on windows so far.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

35 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Do you guys get visual structural icing on wings or fuselage ? I can only see ice on windows so far.

Not yet. Did one flight in Alaska yesterday and saw nothing. Temps were around -15 C. I will start a flight with the C172 later tonight in which I am sure there will be icing and then switch to the Kodiak to test this.

EDIT
Tried about 5 times to create a situation in which ice would occur but LOL that's harder to get done than I though it was. I've given up for now, 😉

Edited by tup61

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

I do know the missionairy bush pilot often turns of TAWS before take off because otherwise Betty is yelling at him all the time.

I have also heard him say "Thank you" when she does... maybe that helps.. 😉

Bert

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

On 12/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I have also heard him say "Thank you" when she does... maybe that helps.. 😉

The TAWS cover lifts, but pressing the button doesn't seem to deactivate it at the moment, or do you have to wait until she is yelling at you to press the button?  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm beginning to think this is my new dream plane irl.  It used to be the Lancair Legacy (which is still incredible) but the utility of the KODI is amazing!

Lifting off for crosswind practice today in the late afternoon

51793359510_3aec85eb95_o.png55g by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm beginning to think this is my new dream plane irl.  It used to be the Lancair Legacy (which is still incredible) but the utility of the KODI is amazing!

Lifting off for crosswind practice today in the late afternoon

51793359510_3aec85eb95_o.png55g by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

ll you need is $2.5 Million and you can park it at your home. 😉

spacer.png

On 12/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, Rudiii said:

They are very good and I enjoy watching them. But given that it's mostly a vlog, I'm struggling to follow any comprehensive tutorial. He drops tidbits of information but he has a job to focus on.

I would benefit from something more sterile and laid out.

It seems everyone and their mums have made FBW A320 tutorials due to it's popularity. I hope we see some based on the Kodiak as time goes on. 

Ryan, the Missionary Bush Pilot, has himself produced a paid tutorial site - https://kodiak-training.teachable.com/

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Have to admit, late to the party on this one, but worty every cent.

And Fun Factor x 2 using Peixsoft "Glasscockpit to Sim" on a 10" Android tablet with the Kodiak.  Turned glass refresh rate down to Low for my ageing PC and very surprised how smooth and clear the tablet G1000 is.  Impressive.

I like this bird , have problems to control the NXI with the mouse decided to do a NXI box .

I had 2 spare Elma encoders with center push and 2 single encoders with push , used a Bondar BBI-32 

used all 32 keys, on the top knobs i have range for MFD Baro CDI and cheat B on left rudder trim, 

rest is NXI PFD MFD works really great, i know that is complete NXI devices with monitor out here but they cost a lot 

and i run 55inch 4k and not need a device with extra monitor, i start to construct this a week ago its not perfect yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrdepjudgusjdu5/20220101_220313.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

Does anyone else see a TON of static ground Kodiak's now?  I swear 4/5 airplanes on the ground are Kodiak's for me now.