Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

5 hours ago, westman said:

I like this bird , have problems to control the NXI with the mouse decided to do a NXI box .

This is really cool.  I’ve been tempted to buy a RealSimGear G1000 unit but as you note they are really expensive and that would only get me controls for one of the units.  I too fly on a 55” screen so don’t really need the screen (which I’m sure is a big part of the price) really just having some controls available would be really helpful to avoid fiddling with the mouse while flying.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I see two problems with the Kodiak, anyone else notice this?

1.In both Cargo and combo aircraft, sometimes freight boxes do not show up, and sometimes passengers are not appearing, even though I set weights and they appear in the menu.

2 Altimeter on the PFD always reads 29.92, even though my ATC reports the correct altimeter reading. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

1.In both Cargo and combo aircraft, sometimes freight boxes do not show up, and sometimes passengers are not appearing, even though I set weights and they appear in the menu.

2 Altimeter on the PFD always reads 29.92, even though my ATC reports the correct altimeter reading. 

Haven't noticed either one Bob.  Do you have to set a certain weight before anything shows up?  I think that might be the case at least for passengers...maybe 170?  Is the PFD altimeter issue due to the Live WX outage past 2 says?  Mine has always worked fine.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I heard no one else about this so maybe it's on my end. When I am on the GS and turn off the AP the plane starts diving (a little) and I have to trim. Does the AP use a different method for trimming?

I thought I read that 120 was the magic weight to have passengers appear in their seats.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

Does anyone else see a TON of static ground Kodiak's now?  I swear 4/5 airplanes on the ground are Kodiak's for me now.

YES!! I was just going to post exactly this. 80-90% of the planes on the ramp are Kodiaks.They look great and I love seeing them, but there’s just way too many of them. I’d guess it’s because of all the different versions and liveries, but am hopeful there’s a way limit the amount displayed on the ground. I think I’m at 25% ground traffic in sim. 

• Like 1

If someone has mentioned this already then I'm a naughty boy for not reading the WHOLE thread!

I make no bones about it, I love this plane! Except one little thing. Landing it is OK up to trying to decide when to lend the flare It decides that for itself. I've held my yoke fully back (Fulcrum) but it insists of ending it when it wants. No 'ifs' no 'buts' that nose wheel goes down!

If there is something I'm doing wrong, please put me right, because I've not seen a mention of this anywhere.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Haven't noticed either one Bob.  Do you have to set a certain weight before anything shows up?  I think that might be the case at least for passengers...maybe 170?  Is the PFD altimeter issue due to the Live WX outage past 2 says?  Mine has always worked fine.

Part of the passenger problem was mine. I forgot to hit enter key when assigning pass weight.  There is still a problem with the Combo Kodiak.  Passengers show up, but no cargo boxes show up in the rear. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

If someone has mentioned this already then I'm a naughty boy for not reading the WHOLE thread!

I make no bones about it, I love this plane! Except one little thing. Landing it is OK up to trying to decide when to lend the flare It decides that for itself. I've held my yoke fully back (Fulcrum) but it insists of ending it when it wants. No 'ifs' no 'buts' that nose wheel goes down!

If there is something I'm doing wrong, please put me right, because I've not seen a mention of this anywhere.

I don't know at what airspeed you are talking about, but the nose will come down if there is not sufficient airspeed to keep it up, no matter what the position of the yoke.

At what IAS does the nose wheel come down?

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

Are you trimming for around 80-85 kts on approach. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Gerwil said:

I heard no one else about this so maybe it's on my end. When I am on the GS and turn off the AP the plane starts diving (a little) and I have to trim. Does the AP use a different method for trimming?

I see the same thing. Just pull back on the elevator a bit when disconnecting AP

• Like 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I solved number one problem. It was the way I was loading the combo aircraft. Rows 1 and 2 are passengers, and rows 3 and 4 are for cargo boxes. 

The altimeter is live weather always sending 29.92, regardless of baro reading at airport. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Are you trimming for around 80-85 kts on approach. 

That sounds about right. Are you saying that you can hold the nose wheel off until YOU decide?

3 hours ago, ark said:

At what IAS does the nose wheel come down?

I'll make a point of checking. Are you also saying you can hold the nose wheel off until YOU decide?