Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Volumetric clouds?

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Impossible. It would force you to update.

Wouldn't have suggested if it was impossible. Just want people to discover and experience the truth for themselves, regardless of what some may want us to believe.

8 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Yes those look... BAD! Is that Ultra setting - and was performance just as bad as OP topic?

On high not Ultra. But I do get the bad FPS when inside clouds when on ultra.

And I'm not seeing the issues you mentioned in the rest of your post in my screenshots.

7 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Wouldn't have suggested if it was impossible. Just want people to discover and experience the truth for themselves, regardless of what some may want us to believe.

You can't install the base version of the sim without connecting to the internet, which would force you to update.

Edited by Tuskin38

The clouds and lights before the wretched SU5 release made to squeeze the code to fit in the smaller XBox. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

After several months of not using MSFS mainly due to the lack of decent aircraft I tried again today. I got smacked in the face when I saw how horrible real live weather is now. Monstrous clouds with no bases (they just stick out of the ground or the sea). No working weather radar. I hope I am not the only one who thinks this is horrible and inmersion killing.

This is how they look on my screen:

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 minutes ago, vfas said:

After several months of not using MSFS mainly due to the lack of decent aircraft I tried again today. I got smacked in the face when I saw how horrible real live weather is now. Monstrous clouds with no bases (they just stick out of the ground or the sea). No working weather radar. I hope I am not the only one who thinks this is horrible and inmersion killing.

Location and pics?

23 minutes ago, vfas said:

I hope I am not the only one who thinks this is horrible and inmersion killing.

You’re not. It’s really quite demoralizing considering where we once were and it seems likely it’s with us until at least SU8 at the end of February.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I think some of these issues are cause by the way that live weather data gets interpreted by the in-game engine.  I have seen some weird awful clouds with weird effects but it seems situational in live weather. For the most part my clouds look much better after rolling back to 477.66.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I think some of these issues are cause by the way that live weather data gets interpreted by the in-game engine. 

Absolutely - REX Weatherforce is using the same weather engine but produces more realistic skies.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

31 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This is how they look on my screen:

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

I saw this eruption in Tonga on the news.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I didn't take any pics but they look like DJJose pics. Yes exactly seems like the world is erupting. I really hope they fix this.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vfas said:

I didn't take any pics but they look like DJJose pics. Yes exactly seems like the world is erupting. I really hope they fix this.

Here's a couple from my system (clouds are on ultra)

TWYXlAF.jpg

gMD8SwX.jpg

40 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Here's a couple from my system (clouds are on ultra)

TWYXlAF.jpg

gMD8SwX.jpg

Very nice screenshots.  MSFS Live weather looks great one minute but really poor another.

• Like 1

Isn't there a big weather update planned that will give us many new types of clouds and better depictions? I always thought the current wx was place holder.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Absolutely - REX Weatherforce is using the same weather engine but produces more realistic skies.

REX definitely is the WINNER for overcast skies !  

WAT1460.png