Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Best video capturing software for MSFS 2020

I have been using software called 'Action' to capture my flights on MSFS 2020. The quality of the output, especially when recorded in 4K, is excellent, but the exported files tends to stutter, when viewed by the recipient. Now, that might be something to do with the settings or my rig. When I play it back within 'Action' before exporting it appears with no stuttering.

So, I have two questions:- 1) Can anyone help me with 'Action' - is there something I need to do to stop the stuttering?

2) If I was to buy a new video capturing programme, to get high quality and no stuttering, what would you recommend?

I have tried the free OBS - but that did not seem as good and as easy to use as 'Action'

George Westwell

OBS ?

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

Most of the flight videos you see on utube are made with "Flight Control Replay" from sim brief

around 12 Euros

Once you have the captures you only need a simple editor to piece them together 

The file for utube and most replays such as PC etc is .mv4

I guess he doesn't want to record within MSFS. I want to record video files. For that he could use OBS which he did not like. I am using Xbox Game Bar (Windows+G) or Geforce Experience. However with both I don't like the output quality either. It doesn't shutter but is kind of unsharp. I don't know if this is related to some settings or just my old FullHD monitor.

1 hour ago, jaytee73 said:

Most of the flight videos you see on utube are made with "Flight Control Replay" from sim brief

around 12 Euros

Once you have the captures you only need a simple editor to piece them together 

The file for utube and most replays such as PC etc is .mv4

It's not SimBrief but a guy named Fabio.

Op if you have Nvidia you can use that to capture your flight. 

would you be so kind as to send (or share in the forum) me a screenshot as to how you have setup the options in Flight Control Replay for recording videos of flights within MSGFS 2020

George Westwell

2 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

1) Can anyone help me with 'Action' - is there something I need to do to stop the stuttering?
2) If I was to buy a new video capturing programme, to get high quality and no stuttering, what would you recommend?

(1) I don't know what 'Action' is but from your description I presume the stuttering is something to do with the encoding of the video. Best bet would be to convert it to something else. This is a given if you are using an editor to make your videos, since the finished video will be re-rendered when you finish editing. If you're not using an editor, you can get all sorts of video conversion tools. Look for 'Handbrake' as a flexible free one.

(2) The best video capture program is no program at all, but a bit of hardware. Go to Amazon and search for 'video capture card'. This will give you no end of cheap options for devices you can plug between your PC and monitor, offering recording of whatever is on your screen with no overhead. You need to be careful what to buy, as a lot of it is cheap junk, but it's a simple and reliable way to capture video. I use this one, which starts and stops recording to a USB memory stick at the touch of a button. You will need a better one if you want to record 4K.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro