Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Feline Idiosyncrasies...

On 2/20/2022 at 2:12 AM, icewater5 said:

lol, my cat used to jump on the piano occassionally.. Not what you want to hear in the middle of the night.😃

hows  did  the  cat lift  the  lid  to the  keys 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

50 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Worse if there were two cats there and they started singing at the same time.

Harry Woodrow

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Well she seemed to get a kick out of it so we usually left the lid open, or more likely it was the only route to get on top

of the piano.

I  got a good one  which sure  most of  you have the same issues, my cat is nearly 19 year old and  requires 3 tablets per day( thyroid and  deltacortril 5mg)  one in morning  and  2  at  night also on top of  this she  also receives  about  5 ml of  blood  pressure as well.  The  thing  is  she now  knows  what  time  of  day  she  expects  to be  given said  meds, and  she surely  all the  time   retreats under  the  bed  where iam unable to get  her.  Its  now  a  cat  and  mouse  game  with her  meds  now  and  iam  still winning  the  fight  🙂

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's cute.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

thyroid

We had a cat w/hyperthyroidism & switched from tablets to a cream that’s applied to the inside of the ear, and he had no objections to it.

I have hypothyroidism. Underactive. Have to take little baby tablets. In some ways I am catlike too then. 

4 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Have to take little baby tablets. In some ways I am catlike too then. 

Unlike a cat, I am assuming you swallow your pills willingly, and don't try to scratch up your doctor.... 🐱

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If you think giving a cat pills is tough try eyedrops.  Pills I chop up with a single Temptation treat and they love those.  That ear swabbing thing sounds great.  The next time I have to medicate my cat I'll ask the vet about that.

Noel 

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

If you think giving a cat pills is tough try eyedrops.  Pills I chop up with a single Temptation treat and they love those.  That ear swabbing thing sounds great.  The next time I have to medicate my cat I'll ask the vet about that.

Noel 

Knowing Nalas history of shyness/skittishness I am terrified that her first vet visit with me will go like this...... 😬

Devons rig

I had one who was in kidney failure - I had to hang an IV bag and give her 100CC or Ringers daily. Did that for 3 years. She wasn't happy about it but she tolerated it.

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

My cats have no problem with the vet as long as I am there with them petting them and reassuring them.  They don't like it much, but thy tolerate it.  In the waiting room I have my hand in the top of the pet carrier petting them and talking nice to them.

When we first move to Roswell 30 years we got a couple of cats from a neighbor.  One of them developed an eye infection and I just carried him to the vet.  As I was about to walk in someone with a dog on a leash came out and the cat went nuts.  He tore up my T-shirt and severely scratched my chest and got loose and ran away.

I went into the vet's waiting room and asked if they could help me because I was bleeding.  He took me into an examining room and cleaned and dressed my wounds.  So I've been treated by both doctors and vets.

The lady in the waiting room said she'd put water and food outside at night in case he came back but I never saw that cat again.  I immediately went out and bought a pet carrier.

Noel  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I had one who was in kidney failure - I had to hang an IV bag and give her 100CC or Ringers daily. Did that for 3 years. She wasn't happy about it but she tolerated it.

yep  my last cat i had   liver   cancer  had  a choice   give  her  pills  or  have  her  put  down,  chose  the latter  didnt  want  her  to  suffer  any more  than  she  had  been  going  through.   Going to have  to make  a similar  choice  with my current  cat as my  vet has  gone  thu  all her  tricks in the bag  to  keep my cat  going. (   lately  the  cat  has  been   not  eating  and  vomiting  and  she  has  just  started  to get  dementia ) so the vet  has  given me  pills  for  her  eating  and  vomiting seems  to be  working but  no  cure  for  dementia as of  yet. So  the  vet  said  the  next  time  she  has  a turn  she  will  put the cat  down

Peter kelberg