Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Latest Google Map Replacement Tool

For those who haven't looked at this for a couple of versions, it has new maps options.  I have been using 'Bing Maps Latest', which the author says is often more up to date than those in game.

I mostly fly in the West USA and the default colours are often very brown. Using 'Bing Maps Latest' option the terrain is more greenish and appears more detailed - for example, the hill and mountain tops are more stony and 3d looking.  Be interested in what others think where they fly.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 3

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG   Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000
RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz   Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks

Here are some images using the 'Bing Maps Latest' option.  Colours look more natural and details look better to me.

Bing-Latest1.png

Bing-Latest2.png

Bing-Latest3.png

Bing-Latest4.png

Bing-Latest5.png

Bing-Latest6.png

Bing-Latest7.png

Bing-Latest8.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 3

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG   Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000
RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz   Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks

Can I have a link to the app? 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Are you supposed to select "Auto Inject" on the main program tab?   Seems bit weird to have a giant slider that turns green, but surely you'd need tiles injected to the sim?  Can't see a Help file to explain what these 2 IU items independently represent?

Edited by RobF2

When we swipe from Left to Right, it turns green and says "back to Bing Map" in green.

Does this mean the system is changing back to Bing maps ?  And do we tick the box that say Auto Inject ?

Confusing 🤥

Edited by Beagle12
Update text

And next question for users of this addon - does anyone start if automatically using addon linker?  (believe there is no way to start programs before MSFS in Addon LInker, but would be happy to be educated otherwise - e.g. to start this Google Map injector).

2 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

When we swipe from Left to Right, it turns green and says "back to Bing Map" in green.

Does this mean the system is changing back to Bing maps ?  And do we tick the box that say Auto Inject ?

Confusing 🤥

My best guess after messing with it is the tick box is a remembered setting for whether you want the program to automatically move the slider to the right next time you start the program.....

Edited by RobF2
  • Upvote 1

I notice with v4 of the app, cache has been coded out, which is a shame. Perhaps with going to python this is the reason and hopefully just a temporary situation as load times are quite long for me. Another downside to the app is snow-cover is not same as using default and sea-state appears not to be changed if winds are higher - does anyone else notice those things? But for sure, in places , like Tokyo, using the app makes the city look less like the largest park in the world .. its so green by default!

Horses for courses in my view.  I've used Google and the most recent Bing Maps in several areas and found that Bing is better in some and Google in others.  It's still interesting to use Google from time to time though as in general, their textures are a bit more varied colourwise and have much less of an artificial green tint.  I also find roads easier to follow as they are grey rathér than green.

Whichever you prefer, it's good to have the choice.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, RobF2 said:

And next question for users of this addon - does anyone start if automatically using addon linker?  (believe there is no way to start programs before MSFS in Addon LInker, but would be happy to be educated otherwise - e.g. to start this Google Map injector).

If you followed the link and downloaded the program, you can hardly have missed the tutorial the author added to the description.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I like how the colours aren't really oversaturated compared to the default Bing imagery... it definitely feels better and more natural (at least for my tastes)

• Like 1

I have been using this since version 1, the new design from version 3 is much better. We are now at version 4. I prefer the Google Maps for the extra detail they provide, but try them all, it works perfectly. One major tip, if you are using rolling cache make sure you delete it. i.e. start MSFS delete the cache (it turns off) close MSFS, start MSFS2020 Map Enhancement and then MSFS, once started turn on the cache.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Since I use Google Map Replacement (Google) ,i can not do without it.

So much more realistic in the global rendering.

When I come back with MSFS Bing, I feel like I'm in a cartoon...

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Does photogrammetry work with the google map mod? I don’t know why but the google map mod makes me nervous in the sim stability department( of course that’s just me thinking out loud as I’ve never tried it) 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.