Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Latest Google Map Replacement Tool

26 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Does photogrammetry work with the google map mod? I don’t know why but the google map mod makes me nervous in the sim stability department( of course that’s just me thinking out loud as I’ve never tried it) 

There is no effect on PG with the mod active, it ONLY affects the image differences between google and bing (nothing regarding PG or autogen).

WAT1460.png

I downloaded and installed, but how can I tell if it's running or not? I received no notice that the installation was successful. The last thing I did was click the .exe file and I got a screen and clicked auto.  After that nothing except a couple of little thingys going round and around.  Nothing in the Community folder. Made a flight but couldn't tell if I had it or not.

Roy

1 hour ago, filou said:

Since I use Google Map Replacement (Google) ,i can not do without it.

So much more realistic in the global rendering.

When I come back with MSFS Bing, I feel like I'm in a cartoon...

Try the Bing Latest option too.

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

33 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I downloaded and installed, but how can I tell if it's running or not? I received no notice that the installation was successful. The last thing I did was click the .exe file and I got a screen and clicked auto.  After that nothing except a couple of little thingys going round and around.  Nothing in the Community folder. Made a flight but couldn't tell if I had it or not.

Roy

After the "little thingys going round and around", they should turn to a "check box",  a box titled RUN TIME INFO "telling me everything is running now and enjoy"  If this doesn't occur, you should get some kind of error message. Something has gone wrong.

WAT1460.png

I ran as administrator from Desktop icon.  Window pops up and an error message comes up and says failed.  It goes away so fast that I can't read all of it,  Tried numerous times.  Same result.

Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Warren said:

I ran as administrator from Desktop icon.  Window pops up and an error message comes up and says failed.  It goes away so fast that I can't read all of it,  Tried numerous times.  Same result.

Roy

Try uninstall, reboot and reinstall.  DO NOT install this to a Community Folder.  This is strictly an executable, just let it install to your default programs file.

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, tonywob said:

I like how the colours aren't really oversaturated compared to the default Bing imagery... it definitely feels better and more natural (at least for my tastes)

The Google Map option doesn't work for me because I get connection errors leading to blurred textures, but the new 'Bing Latest' textures are a lot better than default - sure glad that option now exists as I do not get connection errors!

GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

2 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Roy

It is an executable file, it should not be placed into the community folder and neither does the application itself put anything into the community folder.

After opening, choose which maps you want under the 'Map Server' Tab. Under the 'Mod Control tab, slide across the 'Inject Google Map' slider, it will turn green.  After the 'Server Check' is complete, run MSFS and enjoy the scenery.

If you find the Google Map option is not working well for you, under the 'Map Server' tab choose 'Bing Map (Latest) - this works better for me.

Tried it again after waiting am hour or so  and now it connected.  Will try the maps suggestions.

I was hoping that I would get scenery that looks like Google Earth.  But the buildings and my house are the autogen buildings.  Walmart is 5 stories high.

Thanks for all the help.

Roy

30 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I was hoping that I would get scenery that looks like Google Earth.  But the buildings and my house are the autogen buildings.  Walmart is 5 stories high.

Thanks for all the help.

Roy

You need to have PG ON and flying in an area that displays PG.

WAT1460.png

59 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

The Map Replacement Tool has nothing to do with Photogrammetry or Autogen.  Turn PG on in your MSFS settings.

I do have photogrammetry turned on. What I was talking about is because live in a small town that is not covered by photogrammetry my 8x10 storage building comes out as a barn. Two story buildings are six story buildings. And people here are more concerned with the size of trees.

It would be nice if Google Street View could be incorporated into the sim.  I know... it's a flight sim.  Just wishful thinking.

Roy

A pre try comment from me. I am going to try this because MSFS messes up my area with way too many huge trees. Google Maps looks far better to me so ..... (fingers crossed)

25 minutes ago, AOB said:

A pre try comment from me. I am going to try this because MSFS messes up my area with way too many huge trees. Google Maps looks far better to me so ..... (fingers crossed)

This tool has nothing to do with tree sizes. It changes the satellite image that covers the ground. Autogen buildings and trees and photogrammetry will stay the same.

I'm about to try this. Are there any issues with any of Bijan's stuff?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |