Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Latest Google Map Replacement Tool

Yes thanks crimplene. I just tried it and the ground image was different enough to cause a little disorientation. You are right in that the trees are still way too big and dense compared with a google maps image. I just wish there was a scaling utility for the trees.

Edited by AOB

so I'm trying this but this loads super slowly, is that normal? It takes a little while for me get a full sharpness of the image. Is that normal?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

38 minutes ago, crimplene said:

This tool has nothing to do with tree sizes. It changes the satellite image that covers the ground. Autogen buildings and trees and photogrammetry will stay the same.

Buidings looks to be fixed autogen assets but I'm not sure about the trees. What I do know is that autogen grass gets applied on the fly, Which means the grass is placed according the color of the sattelite imagery and looks different on Bing and Google on the same field.

Still looking for these answers....

When we swipe from Left to Right, it turns green and says "back to Bing Map" in green.

Does this mean the system is changing back to Bing maps ?  And do we tick the box that say Auto Inject ?

46 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Still looking for these answers....

When we swipe from Left to Right, it turns green and says "back to Bing Map" in green.

Does this mean the system is changing back to Bing maps ?  And do we tick the box that say Auto Inject ?

When the mod is launched (by default) the slide is "greyed out " and the mod is NOT active.  Click on the slide button-- it turns green and the server access  checks begin. On my system (about 15 seconds later), the GREEN checks appear beside server access and I have a runtime info box stating it is running now and enjoy. It also confirms "image loaded" and states time loaded. When you are finished simming you can click the green slide (stating - Back to Bing Map) and close the app.  If you desire the above process to begin automatically when launching, place a check in the box labeled Auto Inject.  

It's really a very simple process 👍 You can also choose different servers by clicking on the menu tab "MAP SERVER"

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, Gerwil said:

Buidings looks to be fixed autogen assets but I'm not sure about the trees. What I do know is that autogen grass gets applied on the fly, Which means the grass is placed according the color of the sattelite imagery and looks different on Bing and Google on the same field.

Autogen buildings are handled by Open Street Map data included in the sim, so yeah, changing the imagery service wouldn't do anything.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, phmcr said:

If you followed the link and downloaded the program, you can hardly have missed the tutorial the author added to the description.

Well, I enjoyed watching all the videos linked from the download page, but there was no info an any option to automatically start the program.  Does everyone using this mod start it manually before MSFS?  (or select the option for it to automatically start with Windows, which frankly I would prefer not to do).

Hi Rob,

You can use FSUIPC to launch this mod before starting MSFS.
Just make sure to tick "auto inject" the first time.
I for one use a smart tool called Splat for the same purpose.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

How do you guys avoid tiling at altitude? The ground looks amazing close up, but as I go higher, there's an obvious line between high and low quality (using Bing as default map), and I can watch the tiles pop in as I fly along (and pop out behind me, so it's not a cache issue). It's like the app is loading Bing's very bad from high up satellite view for more distance terrain.

I would love to get this to work, because it looks amazing when looking straight down. For me it's all about getting rid of the green roads and parking lots, as the terrain itself (what was photographed) is identical the Asobo's default terrain in my area.

I tried one more time with the latest version to install it in my MSFS. Still buggy, first thing I get again is that I don't have enough bandwidth so I am switched to off line mode. Then I decided, to uninstall this word not allowed Mod, and I used the baked in uninstaller. Now I can't get back to Online mode in MSFS. I had to erase the modification that it made in my Windows 32 host file, to get the entry that this mod made to it,. I finally got my MSFS 2020 working again. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

I recommend not using the latest version, for now (5.1.0). He seems to be transitioning to a more closed-sourced approach, as he intends to implement 'pro' features, i.e paid stuff. However, multiple people including myself have seen a certain file also get flagged by various anti-virus suites. Probably a false positive but also got to be weary of something going more closed-source and then AV suites flagging something. People also seem to be having more issues with this version in general. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried one more time with the latest version to install it in my MSFS. Still buggy, first thing I get again is that I don't have enough bandwidth so I am switched to off line mode. Then I decided, to uninstall this word not allowed Mod, and I used the baked in443 uninstaller. Now I can't get back to Online mode in MSFS. I had to erase the modification that it made in my Windows 32 host file, to get the entry that this mod made to it,. I finally got my MSFS 2020 working again. 

Did you have a look to find Amy other program using port 443?

I have used the mod for a year without any problems at all.

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Did you have a look to find Amy other program using port 443?

I have used the mod for a year without any problems at all.

No and I have spent hours with this ridiculous mod trying to get it to work. Not going down that road again, ever. 😉

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

No and I have spent hours with this ridiculous mod trying to get it to work. Not going down that road again, ever. 😉

Well if you didn't check for the top issue with this mod, how do you expect it to work? Took me 10 minutes to find the culprit using the advice on the mods flightsim.to page.

Rather than ridiculous, it is by far one of the biggest graphical upgrades to the sim.

• Like 1

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Well if you didn't check for the top issue with this mod, how do you expect it to work? Took me 10 minutes to find the culprit using the advice on the mods flightsim.to page.

Rather than ridiculous, it is by far one of the biggest graphical upgrades to the sim.

I checked all the top issues at least 15 times. Is that not enough?  

spacer.png