Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I'm a marmalade person...

For years I've enjoyed orange marmalade on my pancakes, French toast, and English muffins.  But I was looking for a change the last time I was at the supermarket.  What kind of marmalade did they have besides orange?  Nothing.

I went online to Amazon and found lemon marmalade.   I just ordered some because I'm partial to lemons.  Every morning I sqeeze a half lemon into a half glass of hot water.  I like the tartness and my health nut daughter said it's good for me.  I'll let you know how the lemon marmalade turns out.  Or maybe someone here has already tried it?

Noel 

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

27 minutes ago, birdguy said:

What kind of marmalade did they have besides orange? 

I used to enjoy Roses Lime Marmalade.

• Like 1

Dugald Walker

I was given marmalade a few times as a kid, and have tried it off an on since then to confirm that I still don't like it..... :unsure:

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Orange marmalade is mediocre, at best!  Apricot Jam or grape jelly!  My buddy, who I have breakfast with every Friday morning, gave me a jar of Pumpkin spread/jam last Friday as a birthday present.  Tasted pretty good on my pecan pancakes! 🥞

download.jpeg

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I like Blackberry jam myself.  not sure I've ever had marmalade.  What is it exactly?

I rarely eat any type of jelly or jam or anything like that though. too sweet.  I'd rather get my sugar from cookies and brownies.

(suddenly I'm remembering how good of a cook my grandmother who lived in the country was)

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

28 minutes ago, sightseer said:

What is it exactly?

It's just like a jam but made from citrus fruit and with grated peel which gives it a slightly bitter taste, If I remember correctly.

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 3

Dugald Walker

At last a sensible topic for discussion!

Now, here in the U.K. marmalade is very popular, I start my own day when at home with 2 slices of toast and marmalade and a cup of coffee, 

I’m currently trying out different varieties of orange marmalade and I’m halfway through a rather nice orange and whiskey jar.

However the best I’ve tried so far is an orange and ginger variety.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Apricot Jam

🤙

spacer.png

1 hour ago, dmwalker said:

It's just like a jam but made from citrus fruit and with grated peel which gives it a slightly bitter taste, If I remember correctly.

I found/find the chunky bits of orange peal annoying.

I guess the same reason some people don't like orange juice with pulp. Plus it was all too sweet.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 hours ago, dmwalker said:

Exactly why I like it.  I also like my English muffins slightly burnt in the toaster.

9 hours ago, dmwalker said:

I used to enjoy Roses Lime Marmalade.

That looks good.  I'm going to try and find some.

Noel 

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Ginger marmalade has  the right bite.

Followed by  vegemite on toast.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

I like marmalade as well but only the ones they serve in places I’ve been in France. The ones in the states taste too fake to me and overly sweet.

I’m kind of the same with butter. I don’t know what they do in France but the butter there is one of the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted. So much so that before we leave Paris, my wife goes to the Carrefour, Monoprix, or whatever market is close and buys a few pounds of butter, freezes them, and packs them in her suitcase along with other foods to bring back to the states. 😂😂

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

19 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

’m kind of the same with butter

I'm a butter freak too.  I love melted butter on muffins, toast, pancakes and French Toast.  Butter and marmalade.  Breakfast is my main meal of the day.  I have 7 breakfast menus to cover the week.

Noel

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I'm a butter freak too.  I love melted butter on muffins, toast, pancakes and French Toast.  Butter and marmalade.  Breakfast is my main meal of the day.  I have 7 breakfast menus to cover the week.

Noel

If you love the butter in the states, you’d die over the French butter. It’s so creamy and has such a nice, natural flavor. It’s darn near like a cheese in a way. If you lived near me I’d bring you a bar when I get back from a trip.

I always joke with my wife that she needs to bring a second, empty suitcase when we go to France so she’ll have room for all her groceries 😂😂

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

So much so that before we leave Paris, my wife goes to the Carrefour, Monoprix, or whatever market is close and buys a few pounds of butter, freezes them, and packs them in her suitcase along with other foods to bring back to the states. 😂😂

Be careful, if they catch you bringing meat or dairy products into the states in your suitcase there’s a hefty fine, but good luck to you, yours is a noble cause 👍🙂

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.