Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I'm a marmalade person...

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

Heh, heh, heh.  My father can beat up your father.  My car is better than your car.  My woman is better than your woman.  My shirt is better than your shirt.  Everything made in the UK is better than anything made in the US...ad infinitum.  

Noel

No, just the chips.

The nice thing about facts is that they remain facts even if you disagree with them. And the chips from my local fish and chip shop are the bestest in the whole world... that is  a scientific fact.

And cats agree.

Edited by martin-w

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

No, just the chips.

And not the Cadbury Chocolate?  I'm surprised.

I like Hershey's giant bars with almonds.  I guess that makes me a commoner.  No cat points for that eh?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

4 hours ago, birdguy said:

I like Hershey's giant bars with almonds.  I guess that makes me a commoner.  No cat points for that eh?

Noel

Being a Pennsylvania native (home of Hershey's), I grew up on Hershey bars.  I still love them.  However, I really enjoy Cadbury bars and other chocolates.  However, I am allergic to NUTS, not peanuts, but tree nuts.  So, I really would love to try other chocolates but the ingredient label often says that it's made on equipment that also manufactures product with nuts.  I feel so deprived of trying some of the best chocolates in the world.

Stan

I was born lucky Stan.  I'm not allergic to anything.  But I tell my wife I'm allergic to liver.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

I was born lucky Stan.  I'm not allergic to anything.  But I tell my wife I'm allergic to liver.

Noel

I have no wife, but I too am highly allergic to liver...

I love beef tongue though, but it's rather too expensive to have often.

My favorite chocolates are Ferrero Rocher.

My favorite cheese is La Vache Qui Rit.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, spilok said:

I really enjoy Cadbury bars and other chocolates.

Nobody has mentioned another good chocolate.  Ghirardelli.   I finished out my junior year at Galileo High School.  It was just across the street from the Ghirardelli plant.  You could smell them making chocolate.

The factory is now a tourist trap just a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf.  Full of coffee shops, boutiques, gift shops and restaurants.  I don't know where they make it now.

Noel

16 hours ago, birdguy said:

Noel

It was humour. 🙄

On 2/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, jon b said:

https://www.britishfoodshop.com/collections/marmalade

This website looks good if you’re stateside and want get your hands on good quality English marmalade !

In eastern Canada, we have www.britshop.ca and I just ordered some marmalades plus, for nostalgic reasons, gooseberry jam.

Dugald Walker

15 hours ago, birdguy said:

I don't know where they make it now.

Across the bay in San Leandro.