Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Cat feet...

A friend named her cat Mickey (as in the mouse), because of his socks and gloves. It's the most talkative (or meowative) cat I've ever met. Look how does Mickey judge you 😝

spacer.png

• Like 2

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

A friend named her cat Mickey

We also have a black & white cat that looks similar, and his name is Miki. My wife wanted to name him Mickey, but I had to my put foot down on that notion right away, as what self-respecting cat would want to be named after a mouse? So she came back with “How about Mikimoto?”, who is credited with coming up with the technique of making cultured pearls:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikimoto_Kōkichi So that is why we call him “Miki” 😉 

8 minutes ago, Mike A said:

So that is why we call him “Miki” 😉

And in the end your wife got her own way 😂

• Like 2

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

44 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

most talkative (or meowative) cat I've ever met.

Try a Siamese. Deep load yowls. 😃

My cat is very vocal too. Makes purpping noises when he greats us, or to say thanks for food or strokes. 

And of course the usual chattering noises when he spies birds out of the window. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

And in the end your wife got her own way

Don't they always?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

10 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Try a Siamese. Deep load yowls.

My cats are mostly silent except for little mews on occasion.  Mostly when you stare at one of them.  But the black cat has some yowls when a strange cat comes into the yard.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

That's because Brit cats have a very high IQ. Well know fact. Thus more vocal. 

Our neighbor's wooden fence comes up to the edge of our property and has 1/2" wooden slats as its highest point and about four inches below that is the top rail which is a 2x4 laid sideways (less than 2 inch width at the top).  There are 4x4 posts every six feet or so.   It took him (her?) a while but one of the trailer park cats finally figured out how to get to the top of the six foot tall fence and walk along those less than two inch wide rails.  He/she is making the lives of the birds and squirrels very difficult.  I find myself rooting for the birds and squirrels right now.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

24 minutes ago, sightseer said:

It took him (her?) a while but one of the trailer park cats finally figured out how to get to the top of the six foot tall fence and walk along those less than two inch wide rails.

My cats have scaled such fencing with ease. Like every day when on their rounds. you must mean metal fencing? 

I know what you mean, I had a few cats at our old house who would tightrope walk along the top of the post and rail fence. One foot on the featheredge boards and one on the arris rail. 😁 Quite amusing technique. 

Edited by martin-w

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

I find myself rooting for the birds and squirrels right now.

My cats easily scale our 6 foot fence.  Just yesterday Betty had to vacuum up a bunch of feathers in a hallway.  Haven't found the bird yet.

We have two 60 foot pecan trees in our yard that attract squirrels but the cats have yet to bring in a squirrel.  But they have brought in mice.  

I once saw our black cat leap about 5 or 6 feet in the air and bring down a dove in our back yard.  I was able to get it away from him and rescue it.

They are very efficient predators.

Noel

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

And in the end your wife got her own way 😂

Phonetically-speaking, yes 📣. Happy wife, happy life. But his microchip ID is registered as Mikimoto, so I can call him Miki without cringing 😬 🤪

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

My cats have scaled such fencing with ease. Like every day when on their rounds. you must mean metal fencing?

No, its a wooden fence.  But there are nails and old rusty metal wire fencing and sticker bushes all around the base of the fence.  Plus I don't think the cat is full fledged hunter...more of a curious housecat.

56 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I once saw our black cat leap about 5 or 6 feet in the air and bring down a dove in our back yard.  I was able to get it away from him and rescue it.

They are very efficient predators.

A cat that adopted us was like that.  He was only with us a short while and then he disappeared.

I love having cats that keep the snakes and mice at bay but I'd rather the baby birds not be targets for a curious housecat.

Suddenly I'm remembering how sad it was to watch my half blind father trying to feed a dead baby bird who had been caught outside during a sudden summer thunderstorm.  The backyard near the concrete had turned to mud and trapped the little bird as he stared towards the heavens hoping for mommas rescue.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

Mikimoto, so I can call him Miki without cringing

… and, most importantly of all, Miki’s dignity remains intact 😸

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sightseer said:

No, its a wooden fence.  But there are nails and old rusty metal wire fencing and sticker bushes all around the base of the fence. 

That makes sense. Mine was a, not new, but relatively clear of obstruction feline climbing frame. 😼

6 hours ago, birdguy said:

Don't they always?

Hahahahaha, so true, Noel. A friend always said men had the last say in a discussion: "yes, ma'am!"

6 hours ago, martin-w said:

Try a Siamese. Deep load yowls. 😃

All the cats I've seen were stray ones, so no idea about cat breeds or their sounds. Sorry, Martin...

4 hours ago, sightseer said:

A cat that adopted us was like that. 

Someone that admited it hahahaha. Yes, we don't adopt cats, they adopt us...

• Like 1

Best regards,