Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Nosfaratu is 100 years old.

It opened February 1922

====================================================================================================================================

An hour and a half was a long movie in those days. Youtube has the blue ray restored version.. (Using firefox and AddBlockPlus I see no adds, none on Avsim either).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7p3ct5hcks

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I remember seeing this a long, long time ago and being amazed how a silent movie could be so creepy.

I'm a huge fan of Herzog's remake of 'Nosferatu' with Kinski, Ganz, Adjani and the amazing soundscape by Popol Vuh.

I was unaware of the Herzog version. Fitzcarraldo (Fitzgerald) another film by Herzog also starring Kinski was rated by Roger Ebert as 'as film I would not have missed for the world. As we know that one is based on a real life adventure. I'm going to have to get Herzog's Nesferatu.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Saw Fitzcarraldo years ago. Very good film. The cinematography was absolutely beautiful.

Nosferatu.....mmmm, it still works for me.😨

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

3 hours ago, Mike A said:

I remember seeing this a long, long time ago and being amazed how a silent movie could be so creepy.

From IMDB:  "His anthological interpretation and perfect characterization as Earl Orlok, role in which he condenses evil and repugnance, many thought that Max Schreck was in fact a vampire who had been hired by F.W. Murnau to give greater veracity to the character and thus produce a timeless masterpiece."

Dugald Walker