Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Q and Picard: Season 2, the full scene.

I have not watched Star Trek : Picard Season 2 yet, but that description sounds like a scene from Star Trek IV : The Voyage Home.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have not watched Star Trek : Picard Season 2 yet, but that description sounds like a scene from Star Trek IV : The Voyage Home.

Yes indeed. Well done though. 

7 hours ago, goates said:

Anyone else recognize the scene on the bus with the gentlemen and his boom box?

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/picard-season-2-episode-4-biggest-star-trek-easter-eggs-references/

Yup

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Episode 5. Don't watch if you don't like sneak peeks. 😁

Spoilers may be included!

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

So how come, in the latest episode, the Borg queen had to entice a policeman into the ship in order to wrap her tentacles around him and use him as a hostage in order to manipulate the doctor? She then gets shot of course and as she's dying manages to inject nano-gunk into the doctors face.

Couldn't she have just used her tendril Borgy appendage thing to grab the doctor and inject her Borg nano gunk into her face in the first place? 

Yah; I saw that. And after they bragged at the beginning this show would definitely not become old home week. 🙂

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm just trying to figure out how come they haven't manged to deal with health issues like being overweight in that century. Hmm... 😛

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

I'm just trying to figure out how come they haven't manged to deal with health issues like being overweight in that century. Hmm... 😛

Well, if you are going to go there, then what about baldness?

Devons rig

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Well, if you are going to go there, then what about baldness?

😁 You bet. Seems they haven't cured the most potentially curable.

In fact, with the research being done by the likes of David Sinclair, the anti-aging stuff, and the incredible stuff he's discovering... they shouldn't be aging much at all. So Picard shouldn't be bald and shouldn't be old. 

I have not seen Season 2 yet, but I am not exactly elated about yet more stories to do with the Borg. I think it's time to move on.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have not seen Season 2 yet, but I am not exactly elated about yet more stories to do with the Borg. I think it's time to move on.

Tangentially, these JJ-trek ships are apparently so huge, that the formerly roomy but not extravagant Star Trek bridges are now stadium-sized shooting gallery's where opposing sides have plenty of maneuver room to run around, take cover etc.

Honestly it gets ludicrous after a bit.

Seems the captain needs to use a bullhorn to be heard in there. "Stop shooting!"

Devons rig

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I felt the same but after watching the first few episodes of season 2, I'm okay with it, it kind off works. No Borg drones around, its just the Queen, or rather half the Queen, her top half.