Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Developer Q&A Live - March 23rd

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting where Jorg convinced the executives at Microsoft (perhaps including the CEO of Microsoft) to green light MSFS,  I bet you Jorg showed the executives what the competition looked like, they then looked at each other, nodded to themselves, and said, “yeah, we can beat that.”  The rest is history.

It's all fun stuff.

ns

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

If the vegetation (trees) distance is increased a little bit, that would be fine. I'm very satisfied now with the way it is. Just don't reduce it!!!

Ken

8 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

There are far more pressing issues that need to be fixed before I think they start paying real attention to VR. Get the base sim working as well as possible and then yeah, you guys can get some better experience with VR. In the meantime, using TrackIR is fine for me. I don't blame Jorg not making VR a huge priority right now, because it's simply not a huge priority. 

Regardless of your opinion I was referring to Jorg saying two Q&As ago that he would talk much more about VR in the next Q&A, that didn't happen last time and that's why I was asking about last night's Q&A. Nothing to do with opinions on priorities, but whether Jorg sticks to his word or not 🙂

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, bendead said:

Asobo just need to go on the topic about replays on their forum to know exactly what people wants

It's my perception that they don't read the forums at all and rely solely on the community mods to pass on information, case in point in a recent Q&A when he stated he'd not seen much feedback on the replay system even though there was a thread with 100+ replies....And lest we forget the infamous "what lightning in Clear Skies bug?" during an early Q&A when there were multiple threads on the subject at the time!

• Like 5

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Regardless of your opinion I was referring to Jorg saying two Q&As ago that he would talk much more about VR in the next Q&A, that didn't happen last time and that's why I was asking about last night's Q&A. Nothing to do with opinions on priorities, but whether Jorg sticks to his word or not 🙂

Fair enough. I didn't know Jorg had said that in previous Q&A's. My apologies and I can understand how that could be frustrating for someone who is looking forward to advancements in the VR platform. 

• Like 4

WU8

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

09 ZULU...02 PACIFIC....05 EASTERN

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I think that VR is 1 10th of 1 percent of users.  Yes it is very cool but no the VR glasses (not goggles) aren't there yet.

ns

I don't use VR at all at the moment.  However, I was just watching the Twitch Q&A right now, and Jorg said VR users make up about 10% of MSFS: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1434438816?t=00h47m31s

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

10% of all users? I wonder what the percentage is across platforms that support VR.

According to the latest (2021) Navigraph Survey, 15 % of respondees use VR for Flight Simulation, with a growth of 4% from 2020.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

16 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that meeting where Jorg convinced the executives at Microsoft (perhaps including the CEO of Microsoft) to green light MSFS, 

I seem to remember a talk from Jorg around the time of its launch relaying how he took a recording of the draft concept using Bing to the board and their reply was something like "so you flew here today and filmed your flight, what does this have to do with a new sim" !

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

On 3/24/2022 at 2:49 AM, MarcG said:

It's my perception that they don't read the forums at all and rely solely on the community mods to pass on information, case in point in a recent Q&A when he stated he'd not seen much feedback on the replay system even though there was a thread with 100+ replies....And lest we forget the infamous "what lightning in Clear Skies bug?" during an early Q&A when there were multiple threads on the subject at the time!

It seems so, and unfortunately because passing information depends on the capacity of the moderators to just understand it, there is a whole bunch of information which never passes through. Case in point, there is a shimmering problem since SU5 which I have tried documenting with very precise technical information. But one of these moderators (who his not on the MSFT payroll so it seems) thought it would be a good idea to just delete one of my post entirely from history, a post in which I was trying to give back some help to Sebastian who was asking for it in a Q&A. Not only my post was deleted, but inquiring about why lead their MSFT Community managers to simply ban my account for several days...

• Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I finally got around to watching the full Q&A today, and one thing seems particularly interesting about the new thermal modeling; if done with sufficient fidelity and data, could the sim not start generating its own weather rather than waiting for it to be injected? If the data is there for temperature and air movement, does that not mean there's scope for at least convective clouds to be generated?

Bear in mind I don't have the slightest capacity for mathematical science / physics before laughing at the naivety of the question...

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

8 hours ago, RXP said:

It seems so, and unfortunately because passing information depends on the capacity of the moderators to just understand it, there is a whole bunch of information which never passes through. Case in point, there is a shimmering problem since SU5 which I have tried documenting with very precise technical information. But one of these moderators (who his not on the MSFT payroll so it seems) thought it would be a good idea to just delete one of my post entirely from history, a post in which I was trying to give back some help to Sebastian who was asking for it in a Q&A. Not only my post was deleted, but inquiring about why lead their MSFT Community managers to simply ban my account for several days...

Same thing happened to me, I was providing constructive criticism regarding an issue and I got my posts deleted and banned... indefinitely, there's certain mods over there too power hungry, if you're not consistently positive you're not wanted! I couldn't be bothered to argue, so have simply deleted the forum from my links and don't plan to go back.

But yes the main issue is the information is not being passed over to the team good enough as you say, the Devs appear to be in their own bubble so remaining oblivious to many issues. The regression in VR on recent updates it's testament to their ignorance, even though Jorg & Martial state they play in VR...I find that hard to believe.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1