Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

DC-Design Concorde Trimtransfer

Hi guys ,

Anybody figured out how to trim the fuel from Tank 11 to Tank 9 and/or Tank 10 ??

I tried hours now but can`t find the setting to pump fuel from Tank 11 to Tank 9 or 10. ( what you should do if you goeing to land )

I can do it the other way, no probs here, but not as i mentioned obove - anybody found the way to do so ?

Could this be a bug ?

cheers 😉

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Spelling of Concord corrected

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Sorry no.  Have you been able to figure out how to move fuel AFT ? I keep trying to apply my fuel knowledge from FSLabs and its just not working. 

Mark   CYYZ      

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Hi guys ,

Anybody figured out how to trim the fuel from Tank 11 to Tank 9 and/or Tank 10 ??

I tried hours now but can`t find the setting to pump fuel from Tank 11 to Tank 9 or 10. ( what you should do if you goeing to land )

I can do it the other way, no probs here, but not as i mentioned obove - anybody found the way to do so ?

Could this be a bug ?

cheers 😉

Hi, it's relatively straight forward;

AUTO TRIM TRANSFER switch to FWD. Ensure that the Inlet Valves to Tanks 9 and 10 are open and that their pumps are off. Tank 11 Pumps to on. Fuel should now flow forward into tanks 9 and 10.

There is also a great tutorial on both forward and aft fuel-transfer here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLli6utjwA

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC1973 said:

Hi, it's relatively straight forward;

AUTO TRIM TRANSFER switch to FWD. Ensure that the Inlet Valves to Tanks 9 and 10 are open and that their pumps are off. Tank 11 Pumps to on. Fuel should now flow forward into tanks 9 and 10.

There is also a great tutorial on both forward and aft fuel-transfer here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLli6utjwA

Thank you 👍🏽, goeing straight forward to look on this..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Thanks for the tutorial link.  

Mark   CYYZ      

Looking at that video the limits for CG look to be too far apart when CG is at 59. The tolerance was far more critical with a rear CG compared to when it's further forward for take-off - typically 53 or 53.5 depending on the route. 53 for JFK, 53.5 for Barbados.

On the Concorde I fly the CG warning gong is sounded when CG goes further rearward than 59.2. Just something to consider.

The official guidance is to transfer fuel forward from 11 to 5 / 8 to get CG back at 59 - its optimum setting. This would require action several times during flight. The balancing was that critical for optimum operation of the aircraft.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

From what I have experienced so far it seems the CG warning gong is not modeled.  Give that this model is not designed as study level and does not have a fully automated virtual flight engineer that might be a good thing.

Mark   CYYZ      

@MarkW, appreciate it’s not designed as study-level but minor improvements  can be made if it matches the actual aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@MarkW, appreciate it’s not designed as study-level but minor improvements  can be made if it matches the actual aircraft.

Yes absolutely.  I know a lot of suggestions have been provided so hopefully these will work their way into this sim on future updates. 

• Upvote 1

Mark   CYYZ      

Ok, now it seems to work but I noticed that the buttons should always be pressed several times, I've noticed the same thing more often with the RAD/NAV button for the ILS to work too..

And a AI Officer for the FE Panel that do the job would be fine for a later update.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

>>And a AI Officer for the FE Panel that do the job would be fine for a later update.

YES please. Many of us have our hands full just flying this aircraft.

• Upvote 1