Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

MSFS performance tips and tricks + useful apps

Just now, Eef said:

Yes, you mean to exclude those processes from ProBalance?

Yeah exactly, either exclude it or induce performance mode on the other applications, to avoid the ProBalance throttle.

Personally, I gave up on ProBalance, encountered one too many games and applications that was dependant on another service that got throttled in the background. Thus you had to sit and watch Process Lasso to make sure stuff didn't throttle. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Another advice from bitsum.com:

”Don’t set your important processes to ‘High’ or ‘Real-Time’. This can cause complications and is usually ineffective at improving application responsiveness. ProBalance works from the other direction (lowering priority classes) for a reason. You should let ProBalance do its job and skip the manual priority adjustments.”

Up until now I’ve given high CPU priority to MSFS and the Fenix apps. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

So just done around an 8 hour flight (was paused at T/D for about 2 hours and 6 hour airtime) with the Fenix A320 with no FPS degradation.

I think how I fixed it is by changing my rolling cache to D drive inside my MSFS folder and I've set it at 64GB.  Also running that program Intelligant Standby List Cleaner.  Seems to be fine now?  No crashes with smooth locked 35fps.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

2 hours ago, VBHB said:

So just done around an 8 hour flight (was paused at T/D for about 2 hours and 6 hour airtime) with the Fenix A320 with no FPS degradation.

I think how I fixed it is by changing my rolling cache to D drive inside my MSFS folder and I've set it at 64GB.  Also running that program Intelligant Standby List Cleaner.  Seems to be fine now?  No crashes with smooth locked 35fps.

That’s interesting. Where did you fly? I also use rolling cache 64gb on the same SSD as MSFS.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s interesting. Where did you fly? I also use rolling cache 64gb on the same SSD as MSFS.

YMML to WADD.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Would be nice if someone could test if removing those eight photogrammetry files still provide extra FPS after todays update. At least I got some issues with redownloading them, now I have installed everything again...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

15 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Would be nice if someone could test if removing those eight photogrammetry files still provide extra FPS after todays update. At least I got some issues with redownloading them, now I have installed everything again...

I’m away from the sim this week. But judging from the release notes there’s no reason to think that the issue has been resolved as there doesn’t seem to be any core sim changes in the update. The easiest way is probably to test with/without.