Sign in to follow this  
737_800

What will the Fenix update improve?

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What's wrong with the Fenix EFB and SImbrief. I use it on every flight, works perfectly. As far as the sound, from the post of Fenix fixes above.  "5. We’ve overhauled large swathes of the soundscape following feedback from the customer base."

You'd have to try the FBW EFB to see the difference or should I say it's personal preference.  It's layout and integration is better for one. When you pull in a flight from Simbrief you get more options brought over in the MCDU (correct fuel calculations for example, one less thing you have to do).  You can bookmark all your relevant charts you're going to use on your particular flight which are located on the main page.  Pushback in better represented in the FBW EFB allowing more control to get you out of tight spots.  Last but not least is the sound set. Fenix's promise to address and improve their sound set has yet to be seen to properly compare not only with the FBW offering but the airbus in general.  For example, both don't model the hydraulic pump sound you hear in the A320 series.  That's an important sound to miss but as it stands FBW has sounds overall better represented than the Fenix version especially the quietness in the cockpit of the new LEAP-1A engines. Hands down there's no comparison at this point, FBW knocked it out the ball park.😏

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

You'd have to try the FBW EFB to see the difference or should I say it's personal preference.  It's layout and integration is better for one. When you pull in a flight from Simbrief you get more options brought over in the MCDU (correct fuel calculations for example, one less thing you have to do).  You can bookmark all your relevant charts you're going to use on your particular flight which are located on the main page.  Pushback in better represented in the FBW EFB allowing more control to get you out of tight spots.  Last but not least is the sound set. Fenix's promise to address and improve their sound set has yet to be seen to properly compare not only with the FBW offering but the airbus in general.  For example, both don't model the hydraulic pump sound you hear in the A320 series.  That's an important sound to miss but as it stands FBW has sounds overall better represented than the Fenix version especially the quietness in the cockpit of the new LEAP-1A engines. Hands down there's no comparison at this point, FBW knocked it out the ball park.😏

I never really had any interest in the FBW , and still don't, which to me is a default aircraft, with some mods. The Fenix EFB imports the Simbrief FP, fuel calculation, and imports in into the MCDU with a couple of clicks, so I don't quite understand what you are claiming. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So who FS Labs, Tolis, Flight Factor? Lets remember Fenix has only been out for 2 months with ongoing improvements in the future.

Sadly the Tolis is way, way, way out of date. Abysmal graphically with a horrible EFB thing and very limited functionality apart from the FMC. No fun anymore. Times change.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have had the PMDG 737's , The Level D  767, the majestic Q 400, Fenix tops all of them. 

Ummm, how about an in-depth bus simulation? Like FSLabs? What good is comparing the Fenix Airbus to a PMDG 737......I mean seriously?

Default showcase camera views.  I hate the fact I have to setup custom wing views and when I select one the camera pans through the cabin and back again.  Please give us some default showcase camera wingviews.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I enjoy the fenix more than I enjoyed the fslabs. Not sure if it’s the graphics or the efb. But I agree with the op on wish list. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

Ummm, how about an in-depth bus simulation? Like FSLabs? What good is comparing the Fenix Airbus to a PMDG 737......I mean seriously?

I don't like anything that FS Labs is behind, and besides, they don't make anything for MSFS. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

I'd second the printer suggestion. It's a nifty item in the FBW, would be nice to have in the Fenix too. It's not an urgent addition, of course.

• Like 2

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

Lets wait and see chaps. The baby-bus is still new and so is MSFS. Don't forget now it is released to public, this is when FENIX will be able to collate all the data and feedback to make effective changes. 

OP you made a fantastic list of things, some surely easy changes to implement. 

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

both don't model the hydraulic pump sound you hear in the A320 series.

I apologize if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the PTU? Both the Fenix and FBW model the PTU and its sounds dynamically and realistically.

If you're talking about another pump, please disregard.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

5 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I apologize if I'm wrong, but are you talking about the PTU? Both the Fenix and FBW model the PTU and its sounds dynamically and realistically.

If you're talking about another pump, please disregard.

I haven't heard the PTU sound in the Fenix, might be part of the next fix. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't heard the PTU sound in the Fenix, might be part of the next fix. 

I've heard it on several flights during engine shutdown from the PAX cabin. You can't hear it from the flight deck, as in real life.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

You already can bookmark charts in the fenix for departure and arrival. Best thing about fenix is the visual display on the runway showing landing distance required and how it changes based on variables. I admit I haven’t given fbw a good chance. Can it now do rnav approaches?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

Most of what you're asking for is valid but we don't need 'APU startup sounds in the Cockpit'... 😝

That's a simmer/gamer request and has no place in something doing it's best to represent the real bird.  You can't hear the APU which sits in the back on the aircraft in the cockpit.👎

As far as the flaps this needs to be cross referenced with the real aircraft and not what we think it should be. 😐

Actually you can hear the APU from the cockpit IF the ramp is quiet like it would be early in the morning or late at night. Under normal circumstances you're right, you can't hear the APU from the cockpit.

NAX669.png