Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FSimStudios CYEG Released

Instabuy for me…30% discount if you owned a previous version of the scenery.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I was sure they said that those who purchased it for P3D would be receive the MSFS version for free when it released. Now I need to go through my emails, or, did this change?

Dan Scott

22 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I was sure they said that those who purchased it for P3D would be receive the MSFS version for free when it released. Now I need to go through my emails, or, did this change?

I don't recall that for Edmonton.  It was released quite some time ago for P3D so that would be an unusually generous offer.  I know they've offer cross platform discounts for many (all?) of their airports but I don't think free upgrades.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I see they have added a note to their website "Customers entitled to a Free Upgrade, please contact us. " I will contact them tomorrow, seems all is well. Very nice of them to honour that as, yea, it was like 3 years ago I bought it.

Dan Scott

I stand corrected!  I've just emailed them as well to see what they can do given I already used the 30% discount code they sent me.

It looks very nice...first flight was all good.  

Dave

I wonder when this will come out in the MSFS marketplace. Aren't people saying the MSFS marketplace is much faster now, with new products releasing faster, and also product updates are also much faster now?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I wonder when this will come out in the MSFS marketplace. Aren't people saying the MSFS marketplace is much faster now, with new products releasing faster, and also product updates are also much faster now?

Why would you rather have it in marketplace than orbx or contrail? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

A shout-out to FSimStudios for honouring the free upgrade path they promised back when the P3D version released, I think nearly 3 years ago, and making it easy and uncomplicated to do so. I think I have all of their great products and am really looking forward to Calgary! I know, so will say why acknowledge a developer for just doing what they said they would, but, unfortunately, I have found many times promises, guarantees, etc. are not always transparent and not always honoured as originally promised and so when a developer keeps to their original promise I think it is worth mentioning.

Dan Scott

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Why would you rather have it in marketplace than orbx or contrail? 

I just like to keep as many add-ons that I can in the MSFS marketplace. It makes it so much easier for me to manage.  That's not to say that I don't have add-ons in my Community folder. I do. But where I can keep my add-ons in the MSFS marketplace, that's my preference.

I also dislike having to download various install programs from the add-on maker.  This part, I find the most annoying. Especially if I move to a new computer, I have to also run the install program from the add-on maker.  In the MSFS marketplace, I just click download on a new computer, and it's there. Nice and tidy. I don't have to worry about 20 different install programs from the add-on maker.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, Cognita said:

A shout-out to FSimStudios for honouring the free upgrade path they promised back when the P3D version released, I think nearly 3 years ago, and making it easy and uncomplicated to do so. I think I have all of their great products and am really looking forward to Calgary! I know, so will say why acknowledge a developer for just doing what they said they would, but, unfortunately, I have found many times promises, guarantees, etc. are not always transparent and not always honoured as originally promised and so when a developer keeps to their original promise I think it is worth mentioning.

Free? I bought YEG in Orbx and its discounted, but not free. 

• Like 1

I generally agree with abrams_tank, it is much easier to keep all the scenery in the Marketplace, easy to access and no need to keep track of logins and serial numbers, etc. I also dislike needing to install and update a half dozen installation managers on my computer. The Marketplace is for me one of the best aspects of MSFS and 90 percent of my scenery is purchased there -- but not my aircraft purchases. These I prefer to obtain from the developer so that updates, much more frequently required for aircraft, can be received more quickly. Look at how long it has taken for the Honda Jet update to come out because of small missteps.

However, their uploading/updating process is still somewhat rigid and slow. Once a week is just not adequate. They also encrypt all files, which means making changes -- such as enabling or disabling features like static aircraft, is not possible and this is a real drawback. I hope this will not affect the operation of GSX when it is released. So in general, for most scenery I wait and purchase from the marketplace, aircraft from their developers.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

Yes kudos to FSimStudios, I had already bought it using the 30% off coupon they emailed me and after a quick email exchange with Gabriel including my P3D purchase info he refunded me.

CYEG is great and I’m looking forward to their future releases!  

Dave

9 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Free? I bought YEG in Orbx and its discounted, but not free. 

When they first launched YEG for P3D, it was well after the announcement for MSFS and they committed to provide a free upgrade to anyone who purchased the P3D version once their MSFS version was released -- not dislike with PMDG did with the 737Ngxu. So, yes, if you purchased the P3D version in that time frame then you are entitled to a free update now. There is a note on their website about it too. Just email them and they get right back to you.  Impressed with their service.

Dan Scott

1 hour ago, Cognita said:

I hope this will not affect the operation of GSX when it is released.

I could be mistaken, but I think GSX needs to read the BGL files, if they're encrypted, I don't think it can do that. I'm guessing it would read the default BGL instead.

Maybe @virtuali can chime in?

Edited by Tuskin38