Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

2 hours observing in the KPDX tower (app/dep control room) with Flightradar24 open on my Ipad on 2/19/2020

Then why can I track aircraft overflying my house at night instantly with Flightradar24? I do it often to find out which ones were the ones that made the most disturbing noise (the 763's) and whether they are on the published apporach (which they are often not, as ATC seems to be willing to give them shortcuts, totally ignoring the Noise Abatement the standard arrival routes provide)

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG also doesn't have much for GA as there's no models for GA (GA being light single engined or small twins etc)

Every GA is displayed in live traffic using the nearest model - PC12 is often used for single engine.  When flying with live traffic, the sky is full of GA.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Enjoy the Kobe steak, just don’t look at it too closely. I need to take a break from comparing these different addons as it becomes so glaringly obvious what the Asobo limitations are. I mean, what’s the point of having AIG models with FSLTL when that A380 is buzzing the tower after a go around? Or to have accurate real world airliners with tail numbers you can look up in FS24, when the aircraft cannot simply come to a full stop before the runway, but have to be spinning around…

Or to have the same lady voice for both Heathrow delivery, Heathrow ground and all the AI pilots. Clearly it’s not as real as it’s gets at this stage no matter how many glossy addons are thrown at it. It’s still a pig even though it’s dressed up in a tuxedo.

This gets depressing fast. I should go check out the new World Update instead 🙂

Well said. I have just spent 30mins watching the FSLTL injected traffic arrive and depart at Sydney. It was actually very enjoyable. Ive become a virtual plane spotter it seems! The addon does a good job of accurately injecting traffic but the absolute shambles that is FS2020 traffic handling quickly becomes apparent. Aircraft circling on taxiways, going around for no apparent reason, taxing at a snails pace, etc almost negate the improvements that the addon tries to deliver. 

I really hope that Asobo get to work on improving the traffic AI but I fear that in playing to a wider sim audience, they are more interested in puting lipstick on the pig and releasing more eye candy "country updates" and landing challenges than they are improving the core sim functionality.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Enjoy the Kobe steak, just don’t look at it too closely. I need to take a break from comparing these different addons as it becomes so glaringly obvious what the Asobo limitations are. I mean, what’s the point of having AIG models with FSLTL when that A380 is buzzing the tower after a go around? Or to have accurate real world airliners with tail numbers you can look up in FS24, when the aircraft cannot simply come to a full stop before the runway, but have to be spinning around…

Or to have the same lady voice for both Heathrow delivery, Heathrow ground and all the AI pilots. Clearly it’s not as real as it’s gets at this stage no matter how many glossy addons are thrown at it. It’s still a pig even though it’s dressed up in a tuxedo.

Double post.

Edited by Vel

I tested the injector a little more with just AIG models installed. All Airlines that use the A320 family seem to be ignored by the injector. I saw absolutely zero Frontier or Spirit Aircraft at Las Vegas

1 hour ago, motishow said:

Go to LEBL and inject traffic, if the a320 AIG are injected you will see a lot of vueling A320, if not , the a320 aig midels aren’t injected

Several Vueling A320s there. Unfortunately 3 of them has the same tail number. I wouldn't normally look at this though... Usually I'm more into the flying side of the sim. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Several Vueling A320s there. Unfortunately 3 of them has the same tail number. I wouldn't normally look at this though... Usually I'm more into the flying side of the sim. 

FSLTL matches the livery based on the reported airline not the tail number, just like the default Live Traffic.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I hear you.  The same voice for delivery, ground and AI pilots is annoying to say the least....That's always annoyed me, it makes it difficult when you are busy to figure out if you are being addressed or if its some other yahoo AI talking to another yahoo AI

41 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I tested the injector a little more with just AIG models installed. All Airlines that use the A320 family seem to be ignored by the injector. I saw absolutely zero Frontier or Spirit Aircraft at Las Vegas

Hm yeah, same here, I only have AIG models installed. That's odd. I'm not seeing any A320s mentioned in the injector's console either.

But surely it's included in their list of included models, right? There's supposed to be a list at discord, only I have no idea where to find it. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

as per  their  bug  list

Known MSFS AI Limitations & Behaviors

A number of AI limitations and traffic behaviors exist in the sim which affects all AI solutions including FSLTL. These issues require fixes from Asobo which we hope to see in the future. If you wish to upvote the issue, then you can do so via the MSFS forums here.

The known issues are:

• Aircraft spinning on taxiways where path is blocked.
  • Wrong runway assignments for given Metar.
  • Runway incursions and high go-around - MSFS ATC limitation
  • Slow runway exit speeds
  • Parking at wrong terminals - limitation of some scenery design, required dev implementation
  • Aircraft labels not supported currently

Please also note that when the injector reads real-time data of aircraft location / type / departure / destination, there is around 30-second delay in this data, along with additional delays due to MSFS inputs. Positioning won't be 100% accurate but will be very close to real-life.

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

But surely it's included in their list of included models, right? There's supposed to be a list at discord, only I have no idea where to find it. 

The A320s from the FSLTL model pack itself spawn fine, but it won't spawn the AIG A320s, interesting.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

There are no airliners buzzing the airport at low altitudes like with AIG or MSFS Real Online Traffic if you set the time to make them disappear after they go around correctly in the injector. I didn't see any yet and I always do with AIG and MSFS Online Traffic. Set the time to 90 seconds and you will be ok.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give that a try!

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The A320s from the FSLTL model pack itself spawn fine, but it won't spawn the AIG A320s, interesting.

Ok, confused. Why do we need the AIG 320s if we can have the FSLTL 320s?

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok, confused. Why do we need the AIG 320s if we can have the FSLTL 320s?

I guess they don't want to install the FSLTL package but just use the AIG models, just guessing...