Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

MSFS Scenery anomaly

image.png.0e44d8c8ec04d7cf7bc15e8bcc7cb224.png

This is the first time I have seen this in MSFS.  Reminds me of the discrepancy along state lines with Megascenery Earth in FSX, where neighboring states were processed into scenery on different dates.  This is flying \west to east over central Illinios today.  This MSFS discrepancy was from horizon to horizon.  No clue what is going on here.  Took time in flight to empty my cache and allow it to rebuild.  Made no difference.  Anyone have an answer?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

You are lucky if this is the first time you have seen this discrepancy between the colours of tiles. I have seen it every sim where I used photo scenery which includes MSFS scenery many times all over the world. It pretty common place.

I've seen this often as well including in my X-plane install using ortho4xp. If you check the same area in Bing maps you will likely see the same anomaly. The areas each side of the line have imagery from different dates, sometimes even different seasons or years. Pretty hard to avoid with ortho photos, but hopefully one day they can develop some AI to blend all of the orthophotos into more consistent and realistic colors. That would hopefully get rid of those pervasive green roads and overly green textures that we see so often in the sim.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

If I had to guess I'd say it's down to Bing Maps imagery and has nothing to do with the sim as such. It's just images taken at a different time. There's quite a few such anomalies in Illinois.

ABvjNqI.jpg

edzEsfP.jpg

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2