Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

FSLTL - no traffic (and no airport arr/dep on World Map)

After using Link Shell Extension, MSFS finds the Z:\FSC folder.

The good: So far, so good, what I load into Z:\FSC with AddonsLinker appears in the sim.

The bad: FSLTL cannot find Z:\FSC. It still looks in that over-long location for the Community folder. Back to only seeing Cessnas in the injector and nothing appearing at the airport. I suppose I can try re-installing both parts of FSLTL. If that doesn't work, is there a manual edit I can make to an FSLTL file?

The bad II: Still no Live Airport Activity ("Server offline").

I must confess I really don't know anything about SimConnect but I assume the clue is in the name - it connects the sim with 3rd party (and some internal) programs/apps/whatever which have online connectivity requirements? As such (and as I've hinted before), I'm thinking that the lack of Live Airport Activity on the World Map is connected to SimConnect and maybe also to why FSLTL is not performing properly.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Partial result! And I have to admit a bit of embarrassment. I believe I'd forgotten to make AddonsLinker activate fsltl-traffic-base and fsltl-traffic-base folders (and therefore their contents) by default when starting MSFS. Having done that (and in this case just activating my jet airliners) I got this:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-29-10-2022-04Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-29-10-2022-04

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-29-10-2022-04Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-29-10-2022-04

And there's now a whole host of arrivals and departures, properly taxiing as well.

Even though it looks like I maybe caused part of the problem myself by not activating the necessary folders in Linker, the advice I've had has been valuable all the same as it's enabled me to make some good changes along the way. So thanks again guys!👍

Now, if I could just get FSLTL to point to the correct Community folder, assuming that would (surely) improve things further, and sort out the SimConnect and Live Airport Activity issues...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

59 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Partial result! And I have to admit a bit of embarrassment. I believe I'd forgotten to make AddonsLinker activate fsltl-traffic-base and fsltl-traffic-base folders (and therefore their contents) by default when starting MSFS.

Lol. You did tell @Adamski_NZ you had the FSLTL liveries active in the linker, so I never thought you didn't. Nice to see it finally worked out. 👍

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

13 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I made mine be: d:\fs2020\community

I really recommend this. Install MSFS to a custom location that is as short as possible. This will avoid most problems due to name length and ownership issues. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

7 hours ago, Alvega said:

You did tell @Adamski_NZ you had the FSLTL liveries active in the linker

And I was so sure I did. The problem was that I forgot to add it to the list of dependencies to be active for all flights. [facepalm] I think what possibly happened was that I didn't add it to AddonsLinker till after the first time I used it, so, that first time, I would have started it manually.

I'm still concerned that FSLTL doesn't point to the new Community location and that I still have "Server Offline".

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

And I was so sure I did. The problem was that I forgot to add it to the list of dependencies to be active for all flights. [facepalm] I think what possibly happened was that I didn't add it to AddonsLinker till after the first time I used it, so, that first time, I would have started it manually.

I'm still concerned that FSLTL doesn't point to the new Community location and that I still have "Server Offline".

Regarding the "Server Offline" issue, did you save the changes after turning multiplayer On in data settings?

I don't understand what you mean by "FSLTL doesn't point to the new Community location". Where are you seeing this?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

Regarding the "Server Offline" issue, did you save the changes after turning multiplayer On in data settings?

I did, yes. I'm mystified by this one.

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

I don't understand what you mean by "FSLTL doesn't point to the new Community location". Where are you seeing this?

This

Screenshot-2022-10-29-181532.jpg

But now that I think about it, that's probably what it should be showing, as that path would then link to my new Community folder's location.

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

I did, yes. I'm mystified by this one.

This

Screenshot-2022-10-29-181532.jpg

But now that I think about it, that's probably what it should be showing, as that path would then link to my new Community folder's location.

Yes, that is correct.

Regarding the offline issue, try setting multiplayer to On and saving, then press your avatar icon and choose offline and then press it again and pick a server or auto. Sometimes this works to be online again.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

42 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Regarding the offline issue,

Tried it (a couple of times) but still no change.😔 Not seeing the live info at an airport isn't a deal-breaker, but it saves using Flight Radar etc just to check if it's busy enough to make it a fun start or finish and to check the active runways. But I wonder what else may be messed up by the Server Offline situation.

6 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Tried it (a couple of times) but still no change.😔 Not seeing the live info at an airport isn't a deal-breaker, but it saves using Flight Radar etc just to check if it's busy enough to make it a fun start or finish and to check the active runways. But I wonder what else may be messed up by the Server Offline situation.

Did you try logging out from the Xbox app and Microsoft store and logging in again? Do that with the sim closed. If that doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas.

Also check if you have any update to game services on the store.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

36 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Did you try logging out from the Xbox app and Microsoft store and logging in again? Do that with the sim closed. If that doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas.

Also check if you have any update to game services on the store.

I tried various combinations. Pretty sure I did it that way but I'll have another shot when I finish my current flight.

I've been checking Store updates daily recently.

Thanks for the suggestions.👍

2 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

but I'll have another shot

Nope, did it all in that order and still get "Server Offline". So weird, and nobody else seems to be getting that, unless they just don't look at the Live Airport Activity and have therefore not noticed the issue.

Aha, looks like I've found the issue! Air Traffic (In the World Map > Flight Conditions) was set to "OFF." It had definitely been on in the past. Once it is set to "LIVE TRAFFIC", the Airport activity windows populate.🙂 

It's obvious when you know what depends on what!🙄😊

• Like 1

In Addon Linker i cannot activate FSLTL Traffic Base as have info 'could not read the manifest json file'

Even without activation FSLTL works, but my question is how to deal with received message?

Artur 

5 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

In Addon Linker i cannot activate FSLTL Traffic Base as have info 'could not read the manifest json file'

Could be an ownership issue. Do you have MSFS installed to a custom location? Have a look here, might help: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/manifest-json-files-cannot-be-read/339966/2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6400 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

take a look at " take ownership pro " a small program that does it all for you , when you right click on a folder its there waiting for you, use it at your own risk though !!! 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +