Sign in to follow this  
acbent2

Altitude differs from MSFS

First off, I'd like to express how grateful I am to have LittleNavMap. It is a fantastic program, especially with the addition of Mapbox overlays. I use LittleNavMap in conjunction with Simbrief. Since upgrading to the latest version of LittleNavMap, I'm seeing a significant difference in my altitude in FS as compared to what I see in LNM. I'm currently cruising at FL390 in sim and according to LNM, I am at FL370. This discrepancy occurred right after I upgraded LNM. Any suggestions or recommendations I can implement to rectify this?

Thanks!

Adam

Edited by acbent2
grammar

8 hours ago, acbent2 said:

Any suggestions or recommendations I can implement to rectify this?

Altitude is shown in different places: Progress window, elevation profile and map. You can configure LNM to show the indicated or actual altitude.

See LNM options on page "Map Display Labels" -> "User Aircraft". There are three different altitude values for the user aircraft on the map.

Same in "Tools" -> "Elevation profile display options" for altitude labels. The aircraft is shown in the profile using indicated altitude, by the way. This is affected by the baro setting.

Also "Tools" -> "Aircraft progress display options" -> branch "Altitude".

Let me know where it is wrong if this doesn't help.

Alex

Edited by albar965
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

Altitude is shown in different places: Progress window, elevation profile and map. You can configure LNM to show the indicated or actual altitude.

See LNM options on page "Map Display Labels" -> "User Aircraft". There are three different altitude values for the user aircraft on the map.

Same in "Tools" -> "Elevation profile display options" for altitude labels. The aircraft is shown in the profile using indicated altitude, by the way. This is affected by the baro setting.

Also "Tools" -> "Aircraft progress display options" -> branch "Altitude".

Let me know where it is wrong if this doesn't help.

Alex

Awesome, Alex! Thanks. I set "indicated altitude" and it's back to normal. Awesome program!

• Like 1