Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Ultimate Smoothness at Modest Frame Rates

13 minutes ago, altenae said:

I have bought the 4090 and use FG

Yes, brute force works as well, for a fee 😉

I'd love to see a capture using CapFrameX, the lovely freeware app you see images of above.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Can you confirm that to use the FG it is absolutely necessary to have windows 11 and activate HAGS ?

Just now, Axis3600 said:

Can you confirm that to use the FG it is absolutely necessary to have windows 11 and activate HAGS ?

DX12 and HAGS on.
It works with windows 10 and 11

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

6 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

What the heck is “HAGS”?

Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduler.
Can be found in the game settings / Graphic settings in Windows 10/11

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

23 hours ago, Noel said:

Very nice and in the Fenix no less!  The FBW A320NX isn't as rock solid yet as PMDG 738 but it's decent for performance.  Yes for sure the big screen means you need a higher minimum frame rate than someone w/ a smaller screen will.  Have you used the nice HotKey handler logic so you can toggle the lock on and off during runtime?  It's assigned to the asterisk key for my configuration and I find it's useful in certain scenarios but in general I feel part of the value of locking is giving headroom for transient demand spikes.  I

Cheers ;o)

Hey Noel,

Yes I set the asterisk key to toggle the frame limiter as per your post, Since MSFS has been out I have learned an awful lot about how to get the best out of whatever hardware I am using at any given time and I know how important it is to keep the load on the GPU, I have got my OLOD back to 200 with the TLOD at 150 and have knocked back contact shadows, terrain shadows & reflections back a notch and manually set the shadow maps to 8192 in the config file. With all the other settings at Ultra my 3090 will sit around 75% usage and when flying through heavy weather it has room to cope with the extra demand. I also have an undervolt in place on my 3090 and it still performs really well. I have been using a 100Hz refresh rate as well on my Sony which seems to perform better than 120Hz (Not sure why that is) I went with the Sony as it has a really solid motion performance with the cognitive processor XR(I already have a 65 inch X90J as my main TV)

Yesterday I flew into FlyTampa CYYZ in the A310 with FSLTL and it was rock solid until I was approaching the terminal where the fps dipped to 43 which didn't cause any lag or stuttering. That airport has always been an FPS killer as there is so much detail and animations going on so I'd say that was a great result.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

18 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Yesterday I flew into FlyTampa CYYZ in the A310 with FSLTL and it was rock solid until I was approaching the terminal where the fps dipped to 43 which didn't cause any lag or stuttering.

That's great!  I hit the asterisk key to unlock when taxiing to get the best panning performance, but once in the air where I am busy piloting relock it and keep the thing coasting along as it's ultra smooth even at 34fps.   What kind of temps do you see on air w/ your 12700K, and at what clockspeed?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

That's great!  I hit the asterisk key to unlock when taxiing to get the best panning performance, but once in the air where I am busy piloting relock it and keep the thing coasting along as it's ultra smooth even at 34fps.   What kind of temps do you see on air w/ your 12700K, and at what clockspeed?

I typically see CPU temps around 45 - 50 degrees, my P-Cores are at 5.0Ghz and the E-Cores are at 3.9Ghz. I also shift all the addon programs running onto the E-Cores leaving MSFS on the P-Cores. My PC is currently on and just at the desktop and I am seeing average current temps around 25 degrees 

I have used A Noctua NH-D15S for years and will continue to do so. When I built this PC in the Fall last year I decided on a full size case and went with a Fractal Design Torrent which has incredible airflow (2 X 180mm fans at the front and 3 X 140mm fans under the GPU) This case definitely helps with the overall thermal performance. My 3090 usually sits around 65 - 70 degrees and I can barely hear the case fans or CPU fans running.

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

12 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I typically see CPU temps around 45 - 50 degrees, my P-Cores are at 5.0Ghz and the E-Cores are at 3.9Ghz. I also shift all the addon programs running onto the E-Cores leaving MSFS on the P-Cores. My PC is currently on and just at the desktop and I am seeing average current temps around 25 degrees 

I have used A Noctua NH-D15S for years and will continue to do so. When I built this PC in the Fall last year I decided on a full size case and went with a Fractal Design Torrent which has incredible airflow (2 X 180mm fans at the front and 3 X 140mm fans under the GPU) This case definitely helps with the overall thermal performance. My 3090 usually sits around 65 - 70 degrees and I can barely hear the case fans or CPU fans running.

That's crazy low!  I've been using Noctua coolers for my last 3 builds and they've been great.  I looked around for a case design w/ big fans on the floor as I am able to park the case directly over a vent to my basement which stays around 58 ambient year round which helps especially in summer here so at peak load temps are in the mid 50's C.

Noel

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's crazy low!  I've been using Noctua coolers for my last 3 builds and they've been great.  I looked around for a case design w/ big fans on the floor as I am able to park the case directly over a vent to my basement which stays around 58 ambient year round which helps especially in summer here so at peak load temps are in the mid 50's C.

My PC is also in the basement which is the perfect place in the summer. Here are a couple of pics (I love the Black Noctua, it's so stealthy looking lol) I can 100% recommend this case.

I just fired up the sim with the PMDG and HWINFO shows the average core temps at 35 degrees and the CPU package temps at 40 degrees sitting on the runway at EGKK in the pouring rain.

gESrVbZ.jpg

Ede85tN.jpg

CYvD2sR.jpg

• Like 1

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Climbing out in very heavy weather in the PMDG (Look at the stats top left)

jdg4b84.jpg

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Wow, that's remarkable.  When the PC has been on for many hours in MSFS, what kinds of temps are you seeing maximum?   I have a Phanteks case which is great as well but I like the PSU being on top as in your Fractal case.  What model?  I won't be building new for at least a year or two but when it's time will look closely at your case.

Noel

I'm just recently getting much higher temps than historical--never anywhere near 60C at peak load but just now see 58-62C.  Probably time to open case, clean filters, blow out everything.

• Like 1

Noel