Sign in to follow this  
Flyfaster_MTN002

Anyone have i7 3060Ti experience best performance with MSFS?

What are best results with a i7/12 and 3060 Ti lately? Anyone have experience or know max settings achieved? Worth a short or in need of newer card for max settings 1440?

Thanks!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

With an I5-10600K and the 3060ti, I get appx 30 fps at 1440. This is with all the heavy airliners and no custom scenery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flyforever said:

With an I5-10600K and the 3060ti, I get appx 30 fps at 1440. This is with all the heavy airliners and no custom scenery.

Thanks - stutters? smooth? video quality settings maxed out in game or no?

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

Maxed out, no stutters, mid settings for AI traffic, live weather. My cpu clocks at 4.2 ghz. My upgrade was from a gtx1060 to the 3060ti. I would say that the only benefit is that I can run at 1440 with reasonable fps.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, flyforever said:

Maxed out, no stutters, mid settings for AI traffic, live weather. My cpu clocks at 4.2 ghz. My upgrade was from a gtx1060 to the 3060ti. I would say that the only benefit is that I can run at 1440 with reasonable fps.

coming from 1060 as well thank you

I have a 3060ti, and a Ryzen something or other. I run in 3440x1440. I use "High End" with a few other tweaks to bump it a tad.

I am very happy with how MSFS runs on it.

• Like 2

I might be a bit of an anomaly here, but I'm getting amazing performance from my 3060Ti with the following (specs in signature):

I am using DLDSR with DLSS (Quality and Performance presets depending on the airports that I fly into).  I also use DLSS version 2.5.1 which you have to manually download and replace within the sim folder.  In the PMDG 737, I no longer have the issues with the "DLSS ghosting" and in most other planes that I use, the issue is now totally tolerable for me.  DLDSR helps here big time.  Depending on the airports that I'm flying into, I either use the 1.2x DSR factor, or the 1.78x DLDSR factor.  You have to enable these within the Nvidia Control Panel and then select the new resolution within the sim.  I'm mostly on the 1.78x and the sim looks like I'm using a 4K monitor now.  Everything is super sharp and FPS are always above 30 even at aftermarket payware airports.  In the air I'm usually anywhere between 50-80 fps.  I run with a mix of High and Ultra settings (I recently posted some screenshots in the Screenshot section so you can see how the sim looks).  If you want I can PM you the exact settings I use within the simulator because I don't think I'm allowed to post screenshots here.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D | X570 Aorus Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | RX 6800 | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | 2TB Crucial P3 | RM650x | Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 | NZXT S340 Elite | MSI 34" 3440x1440 100Hz

You already have the 3060ti? I would go to a amd 6800 non XT, you´ll have 16gb vram and a LOT more performance.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

I run a 3070ti with an i7-11700K and it performs admirably on a 4K screen with HDR. I typically lock the sim frame rate to that of the monitor, which I set to 30 fps. My favorite airliner is the PMDG 737, and it runs stutter free at all but the most complex default airports with settings at ULTRA. If I'm flying around KJFK, EHAM or EGLL, or running FSLTL with higher traffic levels, I might go to HIGH-END to ensure stutter-free performance.

Of course, things would be different if I wanted 60 fps performance. There are enough postings on this forum by folks having problems achieving that level, but the 4000 series nVidia cards seem to get past that barrier. I have a friend who was an nVidia engineer, and he has promised to explain to me how this works, but at the moment, it's all black magic to yours truly.

Have fun.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

15 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

What are best results with a i7/12 and 3060 Ti lately? Anyone have experience or know max settings achieved? Worth a short or in need of newer card for max settings 1440?

Thanks!

What about a 4070 ti?  If you have a gsysnc compatible monitor you'll be able to hugely benefit from frame generation (it's sort of similar to doubling your fps).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Sirotin said:

Please tell me where is the folder with the file where you need to download DLSS 2.5.1

On the left side of the page, look for 2.5.1 (second on the list from the top).  3.1.1 is for RTX 4xxx users.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

Depending on where you bought MSFS, you have different locations where the file is located on your drive.  For MS Store version: C:Program Files/Windows Apps/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I would recommend you backup your original file called "nvngx_dlss.dll" before deleting it.  Afterwards, paste the new file into the same folder.  Again, best results are with DLDSR factor applied (you need to enable one or more "new" resolutions under DSR Factor in the Nvidia Control Panel).

Ryzen 5800X3D | X570 Aorus Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | RX 6800 | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | 2TB Crucial P3 | RM650x | Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 | NZXT S340 Elite | MSI 34" 3440x1440 100Hz

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

What about a 4070 ti?  If you have a gsysnc compatible monitor you'll be able to hugely benefit from frame generation (it's sort of similar to doubling your fps).

Sure, it's a great card.  It's also 400-500 USD more expensive.  RTX 4070 will release in April and offer a more "budget friendly" experience for those wanting to take advantage of Frame Generation without having to spend 850-900 USD and still have 12GB VRAM.

Edited by TWerner

3 hours ago, TWerner said:

I would recommend you backup your original file called "nvngx_dlss.dll" before deleting it.  Afterwards, paste the new file into the same folder.

I'd really like to try this out. What folder is the nvngx file located exactly? It's hard to copy files from the MS Store version because of encryption too 😕

Also - I'm running a 1440p monitor with that resolution in-game so was wondering what scaling settings you use in the Nvidia panel?

thanks alot

Edited by El Diablito

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

7 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Because with its awfully cheap on an Alienware pre-built from Dell right now (sub $1k), and have a 48" monitor that needs more power 🙂

The plan would be to buy this now, and upgrade card/PSU etc. over time. Not gaming apart from this, and use case is just for systems practice and IFR procedures. No real benefit to bleeding edge tech now.

For better FPS the real airplane does the job these days....

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002