Sign in to follow this  
Flyfaster_MTN002

Anyone have i7 3060Ti experience best performance with MSFS?

12 hours ago, El Diablito said:

I'd really like to try this out. What folder is the nvngx file located exactly? It's hard to copy files from the MS Store version because of encryption too 😕

Also - I'm running a 1440p monitor with that resolution in-game so was wondering what scaling settings you use in the Nvidia panel?

thanks alot

I literally answered your questions already in my posts prior to yours.  But because I'm feeling good, let me break it down again:

For MS Store version: C:Program Files/Windows Apps/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I would recommend you backup your original file called "nvngx_dlss.dll" before deleting it.  Afterwards, paste the new file into the same folder.  It is not hard to copy files into this folder if you have the rights to do so.  I am the Admin on my PC, so I can do anything I want in whatever folder.

For the Scaling settings:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and navigate to "Manage 3D Settings".  Then find "DSR Factors" and enable the 1.78x DL setting.  I am using the DL Scaling factor of 1.78x almost exclusively now.  Go into your game and you need to select the "new" resolution.  Make sure you also use DLSS and not TAA/DLAA, because FPS will only be good when using DLSS.  When FPS needs a lift, I switch from DLSS Quality to Performance (changeable within the Simulator).  I usually only have to do this at large payware airports. 

If you are using a less powerful GPU, these settings will probably not work too well for you. :smile:

Edited by TWerner

Ryzen 5800X3D | X570 Aorus Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | RX 6800 | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | 2TB Crucial P3 | RM650x | Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 | NZXT S340 Elite | MSI 34" 3440x1440 100Hz

3 hours ago, TWerner said:

I literally answered your questions already in my posts prior to yours.  But because I'm feeling good, let me break it down again:

For MS Store version: C:Program Files/Windows Apps/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I would recommend you backup your original file called "nvngx_dlss.dll" before deleting it.  Afterwards, paste the new file into the same folder.  It is not hard to copy files into this folder if you have the rights to do so.  I am the Admin on my PC, so I can do anything I want in whatever folder.

For the Scaling settings:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and navigate to "Manage 3D Settings".  Then find "DSR Factors" and enable the 1.78x DL setting.  I am using the DL Scaling factor of 1.78x almost exclusively now.  Go into your game and you need to select the "new" resolution.  Make sure you also use DLSS and not TAA/DLAA, because FPS will only be good when using DLSS.  When FPS needs a lift, I switch from DLSS Quality to Performance (changeable within the Simulator).  I usually only have to do this at large payware airports. 

If you are using a less powerful GPU, these settings will probably not work too well for you. :smile:

T, I'm very sorry for the silly question. I didn't read the C drive path properly and I was in a different area. All done now. Will report back on findings. You sir, are a steely eyed missile man. 😉

Spoiler

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

So I gave it a go at Gatwick with a large amount of traffic via FSLTL with DLSS set to Performance using the new resolution and I was getting between 30 and 40FPS, which is pretty good. I switched to the Quality setting and I went way down to 16FPS. So it looks like performance is the way to go when using the large payware airports like you said.

I'll continue using several areas with the same FSLTL settings and see how I go.

Thanks again for the headsup and help!

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.  You will have to try out what works best for you.  I hope you can see a visual difference!

Ryzen 5800X3D | X570 Aorus Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | RX 6800 | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus | 2TB Crucial P3 | RM650x | Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 | NZXT S340 Elite | MSI 34" 3440x1440 100Hz

4 minutes ago, TWerner said:

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.  You will have to try out what works best for you.  I hope you can see a visual difference!

It seemed very crisp to me, to be fair. I'll have more time tomorrow to delve deeper so looking forward to that.

I'm using a 3060ti btw 👍

Edited by El Diablito
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello! I understand that my question is naive, but I have been struggling for three days to change the DLSS file in the simulator folder, but nothing happens. I also have administrator rights and tried everything, but the old file does not want to be deleted and the replacement also fails. It still requires administrator rights, despite the fact that I have full rights. Maybe there is some trick and I have no idea. Please tell me how to proceed further.

13 hours ago, Sirotin said:

Hello! I understand that my question is naive, but I have been struggling for three days to change the DLSS file in the simulator folder, but nothing happens. I also have administrator rights and tried everything, but the old file does not want to be deleted and the replacement also fails. It still requires administrator rights, despite the fact that I have full rights. Maybe there is some trick and I have no idea. Please tell me how to proceed further.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. At first I had to change my Administrator rights so that I could delete the original file in the WindowsApp folder. Once I had done that I was able to immediately delete the file and replace it with the new DLSS one that TWerner had spoke about.

All working fine now; minimum 30fps with 1440p at all major airports (KLAX, EGLL, EDDF) with FSLTL at a high frequency. I might be able to get better performance once I tweak the FSLTL settings even more, I flew into EGLL yesterday and there were no empty gates at Terminal 1, lol

The problem is that the folder where the file to be replaced is located is locked and even with administrator rights I can’t do anything there. I made a backup copy of this directory for verification and it is empty in the backup copy. I don't understand how you managed to solve this problem.