Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Is the giant coming tomorrow monday ?

And yes, i mean that Antonov AN-225 - shold be tomorrow on 27th, or am I wrong ?

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

According to Asobo's Development Roadmap, you're exactly right. I can't wait to try to land the Antonov at Meigs Field. 🙂

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Someone remind me. Is the Antonov a free release or a paid release?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Someone remind me. Is the Antonov a free release or a paid release?

If I recall correctly it will be payware, but the earnings go to support a good cause.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

If I recall correctly it will be payware, but the earnings go to support a good cause.

Any idea what the good cause is?

Just now, PDX Flyer said:

Any idea what the good cause is?

Helping to rebuild the Mriya in Ukraine

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

That's what I heard/read too .

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

A few seconds after seeing this topic, the answer to all the questions so far. 🙂
The Antonov AN-225 is Coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator - FSElite
It seems that the dream could even come true
Here's What We Know About The Second An-225 Antonov Wants To Build - The Aviationist
but there are a few matters to sort out first,
like a war.

Edited by Reader

Really looking forward to this.  An opportunity to fly this unique beast and support a good cause at the same time, count me in.  I just bought Pyreegue’s UKBB to act as the home base for the AN225. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Putting something together for this one!

Dtmh2aL.jpg

reUsOYu.jpg

ARafmK4.jpg

We can only hope the lights will look this good!

GN3gkVR.jpg

Edited by Doering
Added a night pic!
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

I was working on Antonov company and witnessed first flight of An-225. I also remember there was contest among employees to come up to the best name for a new airplane. There were a lot of good suggestions but general designer Balabuev liked name “dream”.

Anyway. there were two An-225 built as far as I remember . When Soviet Union collapsed one An-225 remained unfinished . So if Antonov company rebuild Mriya there could use unfinished aircraft plus salvaged parts what from destroyed one. Plus engines and avionic could be come up straight from western companies !

In any case money will go to the good cause one or another.

• Like 5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just a little more info. After Oleg Antonov  passed away in 1984 his and was succeeded by designer Petro Balabuev . 

balobuev.jpg

. Original painting was white with a red stripe with standard Soviet registration

060-Sur%20le%20tarmac-On%20the%20macadam

Antonov-An-225-Primeiro-Voo-1988-01.jpg

The first flight consisted repositioning aircraft from Anonov factory in Kyev to Antonov test base in Hostomel. 

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Any info when the skiing and the float versions, together with the glass cockpit will be released?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

The AN-225 were built by the Soviets as a transporter for the Buran shuttle.  With the collapse of the Soviet Union the Buran shuttle project was cancelled and there was no need at the time to finish the second AN-225.

Antonov_An-225_with_Soviet_space_shuttle

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick