Sign in to follow this  
wan2fly99

GF Efis

Just was given a gf MCP-PRO and EFIS hardware

MCP-PRO sort of working using the fsxdev.exe and goflight driver

Everything is recognized

EFIS no

Is there anyway to program the hardware using other softwre or any other solution

I wish somebody could have picked up he goflightflight tool

Any suggestions

I'm not sure if your last comment was a question - for Pollypot GIT using at MSFS PMDG B737 (all)  there is no need to program anything, GF EFIS and MCPPro software was coded within the program, for several other GF units and on other aircrafts you have to assign the buttons, switches and encoders to simconnect events and variables, best you read the FAQ at Pollypot how to do it, e.g. the MCPPro is useable at the TBM930 with one click... Best regards

Ralf Andreas

Just install the software right then I guess I select a congif for a speciic aircraft??

I will do reading

My Goflight EFIS works OK with the Polypot interface at my PDMG B737, I wish to make it work also at the default B747, and cannot found the way

44 minutes ago, wan2fly99 said:

Just install the software right then I guess I select a congif for a speciic aircraft??

no unfortunately not, select and fly is only for PMDG the case and it is working in MSFS, GIT by Pollypot was designed originally as GF Bridge for PMDG aircrafts in FSX and P3D like B737/747/777. For all other models you have to assign the controls, sometimes more, sometimes less. There are no fixed configs as far I know. At the moment I'm trying to mange the Salty B747 but there are hidden variables and events which are not accesseable in the detective, got only the MCPPro indication and rotaries to work as well as the EFIS but not the AP functions like VNAV, LNAV and so on, but trying further. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

20 hours ago, cseu said:

no unfortunately not, select and fly is only for PMDG the case and it is working in MSFS, GIT by Pollypot was designed originally as GF Bridge for PMDG aircrafts in FSX and P3D like B737/747/777. For all other models you have to assign the controls, sometimes more, sometimes less. There are no fixed configs as far I know. At the moment I'm trying to mange the Salty B747 but there are hidden variables and events which are not accesseable in the detective, got only the MCPPro indication and rotaries to work as well as the EFIS but not the AP functions like VNAV, LNAV and so on, but trying further. Best regards

You said you made your Go Flight EFIS work at the Salty B747, can you share how did you do it  ?

Thanks

...via detective - look for the Lvar's / Event's, then issue a bespoke event and after that assign the bespoke event (bold letters) to the corresponding GF EFIS button or Selector, the EFIS Range Selector I have assigned to a GF-RP 48 Selector. See some examples for the bespoke events below, you should know how to work with the Detective:

B748 Salty_EFIS Range increase
B747_8_MFD_Range + = 1                            //increase range

B748 Salty_EFIS Range decrease
B747_8_MFD_Range - = 1                             //decrease range

B748 Salty_LH EFIS VOR SW to VOR
XMLVAR_NAV_AID_SWITCH_L1_State = 1    //set switch from any position to off
XMLVAR_NAV_AID_SWITCH_L1_State = 0    //set switch from off to VOR

B748 Salty_Mode SEL to MAP
B747_8_MFD_NAV_MODE = 2                       //for APP = 0, VOR = 1, PLN = 3
B747_MAP_MODE = 2                                    //for APP = 0, VOR = 1, PLN = 3
FMC_UPDATE_CURRENT_PAGE = 1
FMC_UPDATE_CURRENT_PAGE = 0

B748 Salty_FPV Button toggle:
If SALTY_FPV_ON = 0 Next Else NextSkip       //toggles with every click FPV ON/OFF
Goto fpv
Goto non fpv
:fpv
SALTY_FPV_ON = 1
Goto exit
:non fpv
SALTY_FPV_ON = 0
:exit

Ralf Andreas

4 hours ago, cseu said:

B748 Salty_FPV Button toggle:

If SALTY_FPV_ON = 0 Next Else NextSkip       //toggles with every click FPV ON/OFF
Goto fpv
Goto non fpv
:fpv
SALTY_FPV_ON = 1
Goto exit
:non fpv
SALTY_FPV_ON = 0
:exit

I used to program a lot of if/next/else nextskip routines in GIT until Steve added  the commands  switch/case/case/endswitch
which makes programming so much easier and simpler, and is perfect for 'TOGGLE' actions.

So, to rewrite your function using switch/case it would look like:

switch SALTY_FPV_ON
 case 0
   SALTY_FPV_ON = 1
case 1
  SALTY_FPV_ON = 0
endswitch

You can add multiple lines of code after each case test, as many as you need for that condition, and you dont have to use goto and labels which makes it much easier to read.

The switch statement examines the contents of the LVAR.
Each case statement checks for a match of the LVAR against the value for each case, and only executes the commands under that case UNTIL the next case check command or endswitch is found.

Regards
David

Edited by c912039
  • Upvote 1

Hello David, inserted your code and is it working perfectly, thank you. I thought there every case has to be defined individually but this seems to be comfortable. Now I'm looking for a description regarding Lvars <Lvar Name="switch_xyz_73X" />, there are hundred of it but no asignments to the numbers... Best regards and again thank you for the hint.

Ralf Andreas

Looks like Basic  Okay need to get my mcp-pro and efis to work 

I guess GIT what you use.   You create some config files or exex files and it runs in background