Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

New MSFS error in graphics

Is anyone else getting this error? MSFS was working fine 24 hours ago. Nothing's changed and I still get the same error with nothing in the Community folder and after updating to the latest graphics driver. This error occurred before today's update (March 30).

I'm pretty certain it's not the graphics card or driver. Why? Because P3D and DCS flightsims and another graphics demanding game is still working. So it's got to be MSFS right?

spacer.png

• Like 2

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

“ …. 

Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)

Reduce LOD sliders

Remove addons that could be causing this error

We agree that the message is a bit vague and unclear. We have submitted feedback to the devs to change the text of this error message so it better describes the cause.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem/541301

Edited by polosim
  • Like 2

I have those once in a moon time . Different times and with different builds. I don’t change anything . They happens randomly and go away randomly. I could fly 8 hours in PMDG without problems then fly default 172 in have this message within 5 minutes of first fly .

Asobo and Nvidia has to look deeper at that 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

And yet, my lowly 6GB GTX 980Ti has never thrown this error. I also don’t get CTD. I run a mix of High and Ultra settings, LOD 160. I must be stressing my old GPU (and overclocked  CPU) to the max. The sim runs locked at 30 FPS 95% of the time with mostly payware stuff. Up to 6 hour flights.

Something not adding up…. 

Even worse for those affected, a simple wording change to the message is the planned fix…

• Upvote 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

And yet, my lowly 6GB GTX 980Ti has never thrown this error. I also don’t get CTD. I run a mix of High and Ultra settings, LOD 160. I must be stressing my old GPU (and overclocked  CPU) to the max. The sim runs locked at 30 FPS 95% of the time with mostly payware stuff. Up to 6 hour flights.

Something not adding up…. 

Even worse for those affected, a simple wording change to the message is the planned fix…

I have RTX 4090 and totally agree it’s not LOD it is something else 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I went back to 531.29 and all is fine.

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

@polosim, are you from MFS / ASOBO?  

Just out of curiosity, and it would be Great if that's the case !!!

I believe someone from ASOBO might be tracking important forums, like AVSIM.

We are the best simmers in the whole World, after all... AVSIM simmers are TOP !!!

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Is anyone else getting this error? MSFS was working fine 24 hours ago. Nothing's changed and I still get the same error with nothing in the Community folder and after updating to the latest graphics driver. This error occurred before today's update (March 30).

I'm pretty certain it's not the graphics card or driver. Why? Because P3D and DCS flightsims and another graphics demanding game is still working. So it's got to be MSFS right?

spacer.png

Had this yesterday for the first time ever. 

Just like the bandwidth error first time ever it almost never went away.  

Let's hope this is not a new one. 

Edited by altenae
  • Like 2

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

4 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

spacer.png

I have 32 GB of RAM. Nothing is overclocked. The PC is problem free. I have about 1TB of NVMe free space in C:_drive where MSFS Steam version is installed.  I've been using the same GTX1070ti graphic card for almost 5 years without problems.

I also did a Windows system file integrity check: "SFC /scannow". No problems. I don't use an anti-virus.

This is the first error since I started using MSFS in 2021. 

This might be unrelated, but I'll mention it anyway.  I was testing a new joystick (Turtle Beach's Velocity One Flightstick) the day before and couldn't get the touchpad on the joystick to work. Is anyone using this joystick and getting the same error? Doing a restore to a restore point before testing the joystick did not fix the issue.

The question is what I should do now. I'd hate having to re-install MSFS since there's no guarantee it'll fix the error. Since I get a CTD now, I don't have access to MSFS, Options. Any suggestion most welcome.

@Altenae, did you recover from the error?

Edited by bofhlusr
Correct a typo.
  • Like 2

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

29 minutes ago, altenae said:

Had this yesterday for the first time ever. 

Just like the bandwidth error first time ever it almost never went away.  

Let's hope this is not a new one. 

Same error, msg and crash this morning. I never have this error before.

Nvidia 531.41 installed this week.

My system  I7 12700S 32G RTX 3070

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

I had this error coming  up last Fall and after some trials and errors, I found it was easily reproducible. 

It came up like a clockwork after a short while approaching and flying around two landmarks buildings on the shores of the Lake  Como in Italy. Flying the Guimbal Cabri. It looks like a memory leak building up around them. I have flown before and after the world over without any problem... And my hardware is on the low side.

So before doing any change, check you don’t have a similar problem where you fly.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

polosim, are you from MFS / ASOBO?  

Just out of curiosity, and it would be Great if that's the case !!!

I believe someone from ASOBO might be tracking important forums, like AVSIM

Hi @jcomm , I don’t but for sure MSFS/ASOBO monitor multiple flight simulator forums including AVSIM.

Greetings.

• Like 3

Alway strange that for some reason more users have this error for the first time yesterday.  
It makes me think.....

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Count me in. 2 or 3 days ago I have got this first time ever, just again. GPU temp 61C cannot be the issue. RAM? My VRAM is not even fully used

Screenshot-1983.png

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 hours ago, polosim said:

“ …. 

Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message.

Is that system RAM or VRAM that is too high?
Both are unlikely in my case. I have 32GB of RAM and 24GB of Vram. I received this message only once, on my first flight after updating to the latest Nvidia drivers. I quickly reverted back to my old drivers and haven't seen the message since.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5