Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

New MSFS error in graphics

2 hours ago, altenae said:

4 online friends got the same error around the SAME time with all different version drivers. (also some had 531.29).
So think how can this be …
All had the error on the same time.
You really think this is a driver issue when all 4 online players have all different driver versions and encountered the same issue at the same time

reverted with DDU on 531.29 and working as before , maybe you are right , I didn't know this issue happens on 531.29 version ...will see

2 hours ago, altenae said:

4 online friends got the same error around the SAME time with all different version drivers. (also some had 531.29).
So think how can this be …
All had the error on the same time.
You really think this is a driver issue when all 4 online players have all different driver versions and encountered the same issue at the same time

and did they all do a clean install, important !!! leftovers of drivers can cause problems too.

but there has been too many issues with nvidia drivers lately

• Like 1

This NOT a new problem - I was getting the error fairly consistently in early fall 2022.  Temps were always low, VRAM and system memory usage was low.   Tried DX11 / DX12 / several different drivers.  Nothing fixed it - just kept happening.  Sometimes frequently sometimes only once every couple days. 

The problem persisted for several weeks and then stopped occurring and has never reoccurred.  I did nothing to try to resolve it. 

Edited by TacomaSailor
  • Like 2

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Just had this error for the first time. Super frustrating, because I get the free time to play MSFS once every month or so. We'll see if it happens again in May... 😒

High end system, no overclocking. It's lying about running out of memory.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

20 hours ago, wim123 said:

and did they all do a clean install, important !!! leftovers of drivers can cause problems too.

but there has been too many issues with nvidia drivers lately

I think he means that some of his friends were already using the 531.29 drivers, and had not installed the new ones.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I think he means that some of his friends were already using the 531.29 drivers, and had not installed the new ones.

i got that yes...still could be leftover stuff, but it seems it is something very random, not everyone has got it.

10 hours ago, WestAir said:

Just had this error for the first time. Super frustrating, because I get the free time to play MSFS once every month or so. We'll see if it happens again in May... 😒

High end system, no overclocking. It's lying about running out of memory.

I took a personal day from work today and tried again.

This time I rolled back to 531.29. Then I upped my graphics settings to Ultra everything, 4K. As high as the bars let me go.

Flew the same flight / route as before, except made it to my destination without any issues. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say the latest NVidia Driver is the cause of this crash.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

19 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I took a personal day from work today and tried again.

This time I rolled back to 531.29. Then I upped my graphics settings to Ultra everything, 4K. As high as the bars let me go.

Flew the same flight / route as before, except made it to my destination without any issues. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say the latest NVidia Driver is the cause of this crash.

Look at he date when this issue started !!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem/541301/2573

Before 531.xx was there.
I had the error with 531.29 so ?? How can that be ?
It's not only an issue with the lastes Nvidia Drivers.

Edited by altenae

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

1 hour ago, altenae said:

Look at he date when this issue started !!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem/541301/2573

Before 531.xx was there.
I had the error with 531.29 so ?? How can that be ?
It's not only an issue with the lastes Nvidia Drivers.

It could be there is more than one event that can cause this particular CTD, but to an individual user there is almost always only one cause. I mean the number of people who suddenly got this for the first time with this driver, and then could not reproduce after rolling back, is not a minor thing that can be brushed off as coincidence. Though of course I am only guessing and have no evidence to back up my presumption.

I would ask: If anyone who got this for the first time after updating to the latest driver, then gets this again after having rolled back, it would be great if they could post here.

• Upvote 1

I just got it yesterday for the first time as well.  Reverted back to the previous driver and no issues.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I never had this issue until yesterday when it happened twice.  I also had upgraded to the latest driver, but oddly enough..........it happened while I was taking off from KDFW, Runway 35L and during takeoff roll I hit some invisible object and CRASH.  I have taken off from this runway countless times since this is my home airport, and never had this issue.  I wonder if it's an Asobo server / scenery loading issue??  My specs are below - I never had an issue until now.

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

I would ask: If anyone who got this for the first time after updating to the latest driver, then gets this again after having rolled back, it would be great if they could post here.

Old Nvidia driver (version unknown) working for months (maybe even a year) and after the last SU update  ---> error 
Upgraded to version 531.41 ---> error
Downgraded to version 528.49 ---> worked a couple of times and now getting the same graphics related error again

Result: CTD before MSFS completely loads and MSFS is now unavailable to me.  A re-install may not be an option if it automatically updates and if the update is what is causing the error.  P3D and DCS flightsims working fine.

Edited by bofhlusr

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

On 3/31/2023 at 4:30 AM, polosim said:

Remove addons that could be causing this error

I've never heard this one before! :dry:

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

14 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I've never heard this one before! :dry:

Every day, there is something new to be learned.
There are three pages of guesses, so far.
The reason for this is clearly that no one knows the answer and as well as that,
it is highly likely that there is not one answer, but several.
The easiest trap to fall into is to make the assumption that the last thing that was done must be the cause of a problem.

The quickest way to rule out all Community addons is to rename the Community folder and restart MSFS.
The quickest way to rule out a driver is to "roll back" to the version that was there before.
Ruling out Marketplace addons is a far more lengthy process that is probably not necessary in any case.
Then there is the vast array of hardware combinations and the even more vast array of possible user-induced errors to be considered.

• Upvote 1