Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

39 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm still a bit confused, although first impressions look good.  I purchased this morning.

Although it finds a route for me, I still have to type in departure and arrival runways.  Surely this should be given to me?  I don't particularly want to use Simbrief but do I have to?

How many voices does it have?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How many voices does it have?

I can't give you a number, but I've heard a few accents.  It's quite robotic but not the worst.  Flying into Dutch airspace I definitely heard a Dutch accent.  I've heard Dutch, Welsh, English, West Coast American.  Seems to be slightly geographically accurate

I am really getting interested in finding out more about this FSHUD v3 !

And its also available for P3D, which might end up being yet another good option for me.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

22 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Ok, everybody should get ready for the new version of Fshud.

I am now participating in the 1.3 Beta and it is the best offline Atc and AI experience I had in twenty years of Flightsim. And yes I own all the Atc addons!

They totally reworked the voices, the AI is now great in combination with Fsltl liveries. It actually controls all the AI not like background Atc. This is one of the things in which it now really shines. All the aircraft are really talking to Atc and moving real-time because FsHud injects and seperates the traffic itself and now does a really, really good job with this!

They fixed so many bugs, it is almost like you fly on Vatsim but then offline and with a lot of traffic.

The easy interface is so much better then PF3 or Pilot2Atc!

This is the future of offline Atc, I am really astonished with this new version!

I am sure with this new version you don’t want any other Atc software anymore!

For now only IFR, VFR will be later implemented I believe.

I already own an ATC product that interacts with and talks to my FSLTL traffic, it also offers me HOLDS, DIVERTS and a change of runways according to the changing wind direction. It also provides a host of different ATC accents according to the country you currently overflying.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I already own an ATC product that interacts with and talks to my FSLTL traffic, it also offers me HOLDS, DIVERTS and a change of runways according to the changing wind direction. It also provides a host of different ATC accents according to the country you currently overflying.

Sounds good!

How is the developers support? 😉

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The orignal post sounds like marketing copy to me. I watched plenty of reviews of FSHud on youtube, and the voices sounded robotic and lifeless. The original reviews here on avsim also seemed to imply that FSHud is just a notch above the default
ATC. So the new version changes all that? Color me skeptical.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

According to the OP the whole Software must have been reworked. I am not even close to believe this until i see a video proving it.

1 minute ago, techman said:

According to the OP the whole Software must have been reworked. I am not even close to believe this until i see a video proving it.

What bothered me is his claim that PF3 has a clunky UI, which is not true, once you start the flight, you see nothing on the screen unless you want to see a ribbon of the audio translated to text, which disappears in a few seconds. On the other hand, as the video I posted shows, there is a UI for FShud that is on the screen all the time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Yes - Pro-ATC/SR is a good program, and with reasonable developer support it could be a great program. Unfortunately, as of SU12 I've had some occasions where I just can't get clearance to give me a response, so I can't even begin to fly. With the developer off sick/AWOL it's unlikely we'll get any fixes or improvements in the near future, or if ever.

Over the weekend I purchased FSHud. I've only tried the release version. It's has it's faults but the indications are that the new version will fix at least some of those. I won't upgrade until at least the public beta is available or even until release, as I can't spend as much time as I'd like simming so can't commit to provide feedback.

I'll still try to get Pro-ATC/SR fired up occasionally for now, but if FSHud lives up to the reports I may be moving over to it permanently.

Ian Box

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What bothered me is his claim that PF3 has a clunky UI, which is not true, once you start the flight, you see nothing on the screen unless you want to see a ribbon of the audio translated to text, which disappears in a few seconds. On the other hand, as the video I posted shows, there is a UI for FShud that is on the screen all the time. 

The UI shouldn't be on the screen all the time - it can be shown/hidden with single mapped key or joystick button.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, I really miss Radar Contact (w. Meatwater's soundpack/overhaul). It was perfect for me. Simple and straightforward. Also, you were always aware of where you were in your flight.

Something I find kinda hard in PF3. Also, flightplanning in PF3, can be kinda cumbersome, in my opinion. It may be second nature to some, but I find it a bit clunky and confusing. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way of have misunderstood something... Hats off to the developer, Dave March, though! Always amazing support from him!

This FSHud sounds really interesting. Something I don't understand though: The description indicates, that FSHud is already released for MSFS - at least you can purchase it. But... Am I automatically getting access to the beta by purchasing it or...? If not, what version am I getting by purchasing and downloading it? Is there some video/review of the latest (beta) version of FSHud, someone could share? 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Something I don't understand though: The description indicates, that FSHud is already released for MSFS - at least you can purchase it. But... Am I automatically getting access to the beta by purchasing it or...? If not, what version am I getting by purchasing and downloading it? Is there some video/review of the latest (beta) version of FSHud, someone could share? 

A preview would settle all these questions. 

Edited by Ricardo41

29 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Honestly, I really miss Radar Contact (w. Meatwater's soundpack/overhaul). It was perfect for me. Simple and straightforward. Also, you were always aware of where you were in your flight.

Something I find kinda hard in PF3. Also, flightplanning in PF3, can be kinda cumbersome, in my opinion. It may be second nature to some, but I find it a bit clunky and confusing. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way of have misunderstood something... Hats off to the developer, Dave March, though! Always amazing support from him!

This FSHud sounds really interesting. Something I don't understand though: The description indicates, that FSHud is already released for MSFS - at least you can purchase it. But... Am I automatically getting access to the beta by purchasing it or...? If not, what version am I getting by purchasing and downloading it? Is there some video/review of the latest (beta) version of FSHud, someone could share? 

FSHud is just as simple to use as Radar Contact. I was a Radar Contact user for many years before moving over to MSFS. I wanted an ATC program that was simple to use and just work like Radar Contact did. I can totally recommend FSHud if your still on the fence. If for some reason you don't like it, you can get a full refund within 30 days as its available through flight1. 

• Like 2

It's still not clear to me how you interact with ATC in FSHud.

By voice?

By hotkeys / buttons?

By clicking on a menu?

I absolutely don't want to open up a menu in my virtual cockpit to interact with ATC. That would be an immersion killer for me.