Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

FSHud 1.3. Beta Wow!!!!

2 minutes ago, techman said:

But in 2023 you can use cloud services for generating voice. Maybe the dev should look into the Azure-implementation of MSFS (same goes to Amazon if I am informed correctly). This could be an option.Something like this Text to Speech – Realistic AI Voice Generator | Microsoft Azure

Easy to implement, leave it as a choice for the customer to use it (for extra price). And boom.

As far as I know they're going to. If not already. Most likely, @FSHud can answer this more in detail. 🙂

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, techman said:

But in 2023 you can use cloud services for generating voice. Maybe the dev should look into the Azure-implementation of MSFS (same goes to Amazon if I am informed correctly). This could be an option.Something like this Text to Speech – Realistic AI Voice Generator | Microsoft Azure

Easy to implement, leave it as a choice for the customer to use it (for extra price). And boom.

Azure also sounds really good!

The voices also should not sound too good, if you listen to Live Atc channels sometimes it is hard to understand also.

I really like the speed and radio effects in the new version especially in a busy airspace.

Edited by rob0203

46 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Azure also sounds really good!

The voices also should not sound too good, if you listen to Live Atc channels sometimes it is hard to understand also.

I really like the speed and radio effects in the new version especially in a busy airspace.

I´m ok with radio distortion and all the stuff. I´m not ok with robotic voices that are on a level of a C64 speech generator from 1984. I am actually doing a flight and hearing the accentuation (sry, englisch not my forst language, hope you know what I mean)  of the numbers for example I think I am back in 1985. It sounds like Kennedy Approach from 1985 on he Atari 800. And that´s some years ago. 

I am really tempted to go FSHUD or Pro ATC SR, but haven't yet made my mind.

As a VFR (glider only) pilot IRL, which seldom uses the radio 😕 I have always dreamed abut being able to use a good ATC robot capable of doing both IFR and VFR, for the whole range of airspace types and associated ATC services, with the correct phraselogy and units used depending on where in the Virtual World you're flying.

Apparently both FSHUD and Pro ATC SR do only IFR, but does anyone know if either has plans to add VFR?

Also, Pro ATC SR includes a co-pilot and deals with emergencies? Does FSHUD do both too?

OTOH, FSHUD offers AI traffic control. Does Pro ATC SR do it too?

I'm not at all bothered with the voices I get... I would happily play a good flight simulator with 2D only panels (would actually prefer it, like I do Aerowinx PSX), and wouldn't minh having a single voice for pilot and controller (could even e the very same and it wouldn't cause any problem to me...)

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

1 hour ago, techman said:

I´m ok with radio distortion and all the stuff. I´m not ok with robotic voices that are on a level of a C64 speech generator from 1984. I am actually doing a flight and hearing the accentuation (sry, englisch not my forst language, hope you know what I mean)  of the numbers for example I think I am back in 1985. It sounds like Kennedy Approach from 1985 on he Atari 800. And that´s some years ago. 

Honestly, I don't think they're THAT bad. I've certainly heard worse voices from other ATC simulations. But again, to each their own. I seem to recall, that @FSHud had said, that they're going to improve the TTS - both in phraseology and in terms of engine/service.

One 'funny' thing I noticed, that apparently the different voices have different ways of responding to airports. ATC cleared someone for "Kilo-Juliet-Foxtrot-Kilo" and the AI pilot (in the other end) responded to the clearence with "Cleared to Kennedy...." 

4 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Apparently both FSHUD and Pro ATC SR do only IFR, but does anyone know f either plans to add VFR?

I'm sorry - I don't know, as I never fly VFR. 🙂

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, techman said:

I don’t agree with you, that it sounds like 1985. 

Amazon Polly voices are among the best there are at this moment and are used all over the world, just Google Amazon Polly review. It is a really modern technology!

Edited by rob0203

5 hours ago, techman said:

You can map keys/buttons to hide the window and you can map keys/buttons to directly select answers/options. Also - against my first post - the window can be moved on a second/third screen without having impact on performance. It also can be minimized. Once the flight has started you can easily leave it minimized. 

But again - the "old fashioned" TTS-Engine is a showstopper. The spoken orders by ATC are hard to understand and sometimes you have to read (in the window) what they said. I put all radio-effects to zero just to make sure that the problem is not caused by the effects. Its caused by the bad TTS-Engine.

Did you try to adjust voice speed?

4 hours ago, techman said:

As said previously - we are using Amazon Polly - similar to Azure - there is no old TTS engine and need better understanding what exactly makes you this kind of feeling:
https://aws.amazon.com/polly/

3 hours ago, techman said:

It can be also because sample rate of 8000Hz is used (lowest one)

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I am really tempted to go FSHUD or Pro ATC SR, but haven't yet made my mind.

As a VFR (glider only) pilot IRL, which seldom uses the radio 😕 I have always dreamed abut being able to use a good ATC robot capable of doing both IFR and VFR, for the whole range of airspace types and associated ATC services, with the correct phraselogy and units used depending on where in the Virtual World you're flying.

Apparently both FSHUD and Pro ATC SR do only IFR, but does anyone know if either has plans to add VFR?

Also, Pro ATC SR includes a co-pilot and deals with emergencies? Does FSHUD do both too?

OTOH, FSHUD offers AI traffic control. Does Pro ATC SR do it too?

I'm not at all bothered with the voices I get... I would happily play a good flight simulator with 2D only panels (would actually prefer it, like I do Aerowinx PSX), and wouldn't minh having a single voice for pilot and controller (could even e the very same and it wouldn't cause any problem to me...)

Be aware that the developer of Pro-ATC/SR has been absent for a while, probably due to health issues. It's unlikely we'll see any development of the product in the near future. It's a pity as it has some nice features, as well as some long standing bugs, but I've now bought FSHud and will be looking forward to future developments there.

• Like 1

Ian Box

5 hours ago, anden145 said:

They're still not perfect but in my opinion, they're no better than for instance PF3 or Pilot2ATC etc.

3 hours ago, techman said:

I don't want to repeat myself but... I almost think there must be something wrong with some people's computers because FSHud (not the beta!) sounds sooooooooo much better than PF3 to me...! There is NOTHING robotic about the voices I am hearing while using FSHud. I really don't get this. I would LOVE to hear a video of these supposedly "robotic voices that are on a level of a C64 speech generator from 1984". I just don't get it. I am glad I don't hear them on my PC, that's for sure. 😉 This MUST be caused by some wrong setting or bug or whatever...! 🤔

Edited by tup61

48 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Did you try to adjust voice speed?

Yes. No change. Its kind of like the numbers like 4861 etc are spoken- for me its a robotic and choppy sound. When I hear MSFS integrated voices its so much better.

I just have a couple of hours before I leave for vacation, I try to check whatever causes this. If possible I´ll do samples and provide them to you.

(Please have in mind: I like your product. It´s hopefully "constructive criticism", nothing personal)

1 minute ago, techman said:

Yes. No change. Its kind of like the numbers like 4861 etc are spoken- for me its a robotic and choppy sound. When I hear MSFS integrated voices its so much better.

I just have a couple of hours before I leave for vacation, I try to check whatever causes this. If possible I´ll do samples and provide them to you.

(Please have in mind: I like your product. It´s hopefully "constructive criticism", nothing personal)

It is completely good that you're reporting it - please take a look on my mention about 8000Hz of sound quality - perhaps that's the problem which gives you such feeling

Check this

AWS AI Service Demos (go-aws.com)

Standard, Matthew, following sentence: "Lufthansa 6PL, turn right Heading 270, climb Flightlevel 330". Sounds perfectly normal to me.

In FSHUD I hear almost robotic numbers. The 8000hz could be the problem, no idea. Is there anything I can do on my side? I will record some voices hopefully today directly from FSHUD. You will hear the difference. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, techman said:

Check this

AWS AI Service Demos (go-aws.com)

Standard, Matthew, following sentence: "Lufthansa 6PL, turn right Heading 270, climb Flightlevel 330". Sounds perfectly normal to me.

In FSHUD I hear almost robotic numbers. The 8000hz could be the problem, no idea. Is there anything I can do on my side? I will record some voices hopefully today directly from FSHUD. You will hear the difference. 

Please provide me FSHud recorded sounds via private message

Edited by FSHud