Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

Cockpit Camera Translation

Up-down, left-right, forward-back movements of the cockpit camera/viewpoint... is there any way to slow these down? I want to precisely position my view in the cockpit but the movements are too quick. I can slow down the external drone camera movements with translation speed bindings,  but I can't find an equivalent for the cockpit. Is there a way to adjust the speed?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I’m away from my PC but while in the cockpit hit escape and go to the camera settings and I think it’s called something like camera speed. You can slow it right down but it also slows all movements right down as well I.e panning with a hat switch on your joystick 

Edited by RJC68
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

4 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I’m away from my PC but while in the cockpit hit escape and go to the camera settings and I think it’s called something like camera speed. You can slow it right down but it also slows all movements right down as well I.e panning with a hat switch on your joystick 

That's it. 'Freelook Speed'. Thanks. Sadly, there's no control binding available for it,  but at least I can pop open the camera window and set if to taste. 

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

22 minutes ago, odourboy said:

That's it. 'Freelook Speed'. Thanks. Sadly, there's no control binding available for it,  but at least I can pop open the camera window and set if to taste. 

Anyone know if there’s a way to safe the camera speed and momentum permanently, or at least for one flight?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

It can be permanently saved under Options/General Options/Camera/Freelook Speed or Freelook Momentum.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

On 5/10/2023 at 7:43 PM, Barnes said:

It can be permanently saved under Options/General Options/Camera/Freelook Speed or Freelook Momentum.

Awesome, thank you much 🍻

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I wish you could hold down SHIFT-arrow to have fine-grained translation movements though.  Is this possible?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Is there any way to change the DRONE view speed?

Yes, it's easy.

You want to assign two commands to the exact same keyboard key or button:

Increase Drone Translation Speed

and

Increase Drone Rotation Speed

--

Then, on another key or button:

Decrease Drone Translation Speed

and

Decrease Drone Rotation Speed.

I use a handy available hat on Warthog throttle. flick the hat up or down to speed up / slow down the drone rotation and translation speed.

You can see the 2 sliders moving in the handlebar window if it happens to be open when you press the key.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Axis and Ohs button assignment window has check boxes for 3 speeds. Slow, Medium, Fast. There's also a window to run at any speed in between those 3. 

So you can translate cockpit views up down in out left right: slow medium or fast. 

For instance for rudder trim, I use a toggle on my Warthog Throttle to make the rudder trim operate fast or slow. Could assign keyboard keys the same way. Axis and Ohs allows any button assignment be sent once, or repeated and at any speed you want the repeats to a happen. It's all just quick and simple check box selections.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Is there any way to change the DRONE view speed?

Default is  F5 and F6

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

15 hours ago, Fielder said:

You want to assign two commands to the exact same keyboard key or button:

Increase Drone Translation Speed
and
Increase Drone Rotation Speed

--

Then, on another key or button:

Decrease Drone Translation Speed
and
Decrease Drone Rotation Speed.

Superb!! Many thanks - and to all others who helped out 🙂

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png