Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

X-Plane dot Org

I have been getting into XP12 more and more and wanted to add an Airbus payware. Which Airbus addons will you recommend? I do own FSLabs on P3D so I was looking for something that simulates the systems really well. I do like widebodies and was looking at the Toliss A340.

26 minutes ago, flyer47 said:

Tolliss A320 Neo. It's on sale today.

Thank you. Just went back to xplane org and it looks like they excluded it from the sale. Bummer.

Sorry. You're right. I read the sale wrong, but the other Tollis airbuses are on sale and still are quite good.

Edited by flyer47
more info

I'm thinking of getting the Colimata Concorde for XP12, in preparation for the FSLabs release for P3D. Does anyone know how accurate systems-wise it is when integrated with the Heritage Mod? I'm particularly curious about the Fuel System modeling, considering all the things I've read about it by @Ray Proudfoot

Thanks!

Enrique Vaamonde

@evaamo, I have no experience with the Colimata Concorde but this chap is pretty good at flying it. It’s been a couple of years since I last watched his videos. Things will have progressed since but whether it’s to the standard of the FSL one due for release this year is debatable.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@evaamo, I have no experience with the Colimata Concorde but this chap is pretty good at flying it. It’s been a couple of years since I last watched his videos. Things will have progressed since but whether it’s to the standard of the FSL one due for release this year is debatable.

Thank you, Ray. Much appreciated. I am thinking that, at the current sale price of $39, it is a fair price for a "trainer" to get me started while FSL delivers the "real thing".

While I've never taken Concorde seriously in my "career" as a simmer, I enjoy old school jetliner challenges and was proficient in aircraft such as the RFP 742 (now we have an awesome rendition by Felis for XP), the "Iron Knuckles" DC-9 and the DF727. 

I do realize this will be a steep learning curve, though!

Thanks again!

Edited by evaamo

Enrique Vaamonde

7 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I do realize this will be a steep learning curve, though!

That’s putting it mildly. 😁 I posted advice on how Concorde should be flown in this topic in the MSFS forum for the DCD release. That is a scaled down version but still eminently flyable.

This is the takeoff procedure. Later posts describe the transonic phase and descent.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/616989-dc-designs-concorde-on-sale/?do=findComment&comment=4745917

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s putting it mildly. 😁

Ignorance is bliss! hehe. 

Thank you for the pointer to that thread, I remember reading it but lost it. Bookmarked now! 

For those interested, the "Heritage" mod I mentioned, which sounds promising, is located here (I hope I'm not breaking any rules by putting the link here, if so, please feel free to edit it):

Concorde Heritage avionics package upgrade - Payware Aircraft - X-Plane.Org Forum

Enrique Vaamonde

I have no problem get Toliss airbuses at full price, worth every penny, Better than FSL320 IMO.

If you want it quick, maybe consider get one you like for now and wait for sell on other variants.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:23 AM, Samaritano said:

I have been getting into XP12 more and more and wanted to add an Airbus payware. Which Airbus addons will you recommend? I do own FSLabs on P3D so I was looking for something that simulates the systems really well. I do like widebodies and was looking at the Toliss A340.

I purchased ToLiss A340 and loving it a lot.  One of the best heavy for XP12. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

I ended up picking up the ToLiss A340. Thank you for the recommendations.

• Like 2