Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

This is 100% a scam from Asobo/Microsoft. The sim has NOT been great for 4 years to already release a new version. We just got functioning airliners ONE year ago. The first two years of the sim were awful full of bugs, lack of full IFR support. If the sim was great for the 3 years, then OK I can see a small reason to release a new version 4 years later. But cmon this is not the case with MSFS.

Like others have said, what will happen to the current buglist/wishlist? We were promised seasons in MSFS 2020, we have outstanding bugs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

... the flight model is still so bad developers need hacks or external modeling to create realistic addons ...

So the default birds like the Citation Longitude, iniBuilds a310, upcoming 787, etc, and the various 3rd party birds with great flight models like the Fenix A320, PMDG 737, Milviz C310, and so much more... are all built on "hacks"?, Ok sure lol

As usual the folks with their hair on fire seem incapable of understanding that it's *not* an either/or.. MS/Asobo can offer all these extra features *and* also improve the core sim, as evidenced in the trailer, and as evidenced in the past two+ years given what we've gotten in the SUs, WUs, AAUs, and other add-ons. Especially given their budget and ever expanding team. Also, a lot of the "non core" features shown in the 2024  trailer actually have to do with aviation in the larger sense. 

• Like 7

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

Already confirmed to be a "sequel"....

Ok and that's ONE new piece of information since the announcement. Maybe wait for Asobo to tell us more about MSFS addon compatibility for this new sequel, improvements, features, etc that we will know more about in the near future.

"Muh add-ons!" Is the new "paid subscription!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Feel sorry for the devs who knew nothing and going to be getting the same questions will the addons work. No one knows at this point.

3 minutes ago, Booms said:

This is 100% a scam from Asobo/Microsoft. The sim has NOT been great for 4 years to already release a new version. We just got functioning airliners ONE year ago. The first two years of the sim were awful full of bugs, lack of full IFR support. If the sim was great for the 3 years, then OK I can see a small reason to release a new version 4 years later. But cmon this is not the case with MSFS.

Like others have said, what will happen to the current buglist/wishlist? We were promised seasons in MSFS 2020, we have outstanding bugs.

Exactly, still a lot of bugs to squash!

• Like 1

An optional expansion pack adding mission, extra planes, seasons feature etc makes a lot of sense at this point in the lifecycle, but a brand new sim, one that at an absolute minimum risks splitting 1st and 3rd party development effort seems crazy and deeply alienating to the currently community.

The best I'm hoping for is MSFS 2024 is a "new sim" (not really to ensure backward compatibility but enough improvements to look like anew sim) and everyone gets an upgrade to the core version but the new features are in a paid expansion pack.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kand said:

Seasons were shown in that trailer.....

Saw that too. Also noticed on their June 8th update seasons were changed back to "planned". I realize MS2024 is still aways away....but...hope it's not just tree colors.

When looking at the "mission" focus and using the words "Training" I have a feeling that Microsoft may be coming for Prepar3d's market. I mean even 3D people similar to the "Avatar mode" in Prepar3d. They may well be developing the ESP successor in parallel with this, however this is just my speculation. 

• Like 2

Also, if it is a "new sim" with backwards compatibility, the current stuff will need updating which doesn't mean 100% guarantee devs will do that. Some might release one or two updates to make things compatible and then put their efforts 100% into releasing new stuff for the new sim. Current planes/airports/addons will become stale and you'll end up with no choice but to purchase the new stuff for the new sim. I could be wrong and I hope so but this while announcement stinks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Booms said:

How is it scam and Asobo and MS has given tons of updates for free? There is no free lunch forever 😅

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Now nobody should wonder anymore why core sim issues do simply not get fixed. So much for «the people creating content are not the same as those working on the core sim». Obviously the latter had better things to do than fixing core sim issues in MSFS 2020...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Feel sorry for the devs who knew nothing and going to be getting the same questions will the addons work. No one knows at this point.

Mathijs from Aerosoft already mentioned something in this direction: 

"We are 99% sure the sim will be fully compatible. At this moment it really just looked like an 'action-pack' thing"

• Like 5

I didn't see a single EFB in the entire trailer. Gamebreaker.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11