Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

MSFS 2024 FAQ now up

Here are a few of my questions/concerns:

Will people playing 2024 see others in 2020 in multiplayer?

Will we pay a one time price or will it now be subscription only (correct me if this has been already been answered by microsoft)  2024 is a new stand alone product and we could see a different pay structure.

How long will 2020 online data streaming be available for people staying with 2020?

Why is this a standalone product instead of a DLC?

What makes it so different from 2020 other than more planes and missions/career mode?

If this is a "new simulator", I would hope that there wont be a main thread problem and its going to "feel" and perform like a new simulator.

How many people besides me are gonna try flying aircraft asap into a tornado?  H135 helicopter anyone?  I want the inside of the funnel to look like the movie:TWISTER

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

36 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I'll probably wait until it's out. I think those developers will love the probable hiatus in sales which obviously has surprised them as much as the announcement has most users.

This is nowhere near the level of disruption that was caused by the announcement of 2020. I think devs will not see much of a slowdown if any.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

Will we pay a one time price or will it now be subscription only (correct me if this has been already been answered by microsoft)  2024 is a new stand alone product and we could see a different pay structure.

Oh... my... god...

Can you people give your subscription anxiety a rest for a change?

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

Here are a few of my questions/concerns

You forgot one, will they allow modules not comming from the marketplace ? Now that all DEVs joined, thay can change the rules ...

Edited by cercata

If I bet 100$ with all people who say now they will never buy MSFS2024, next year I will become a milliner LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Can you people give your subscription anxiety a rest for a change?

no, so many things are this way that I think its a matter of time.  I would like them to put our minds at ease faster than they did for 2020.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, cercata said:

You forgot one, will they allow modules not comming from the marketplace ?

Yes, they will. They have already said virtually all addons that exist now will work just fine in the new sim. It would also be complete nonsense to lock out addons coming from outside of the MP all of a sudden. No reason to do that and plenty of reasons not to.

• Upvote 2

JetPhotos | Airliners.net
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

If I bet 100$ with all people who say now they will never buy MSFS2024, next year I will become a milliner LOL

Then could I please pre- order a new hat for my wife?😀

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

If that 2024 release means my addons will stop working for weeks/months and/or the aircraft I'm waiting for (Fenix' A321 & A319, PMDG 777 & 747, FBW A380) will have to be delayed by a year, I very much prefer the stagnation

Well you know right where to go then if you discover MSFS 2020 suddenly stops working in MSFS 2024.  Your hypothetical "if" statement is just that, hypothetical, and based on what now?  You can have the stagnation in P3D and XP12 the latter of which was underwhelming because it really added almost nothing after 5 years of XP11 after all they touted its incredible aeronautical fidelity had already reached perfection.

Here's the reality your hypothetical completely ignores:

4 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Yes, they will. They have already said virtually all addons that exist now will work just fine in the new sim. It would also be complete nonsense to lock out addons coming from outside of the MP all of a sudden. No reason to do that and plenty of reasons not to.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Krakin said:

This is nowhere near the level of disruption that was caused by the announcement of 2020. I think devs will not see much of a slowdown if any.

I'm not so sure on that.
Here's a small selection of what I've seen posted on a lot of different social media.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

You beat me to that one - great minds (heads?) think alike!😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

I'm not so sure on that.
Here's a small selection of what I've seen posted on a lot of different social media.

spacer.png

Funny enough two people on the same site MrTango being one and RonaldJames being the other just don't seem to understand the storm Microsoft/Asobo caused to develeopers.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Aside from making women's hats, you'd only need to win one bet to buy the sim for yourself.😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

15 minutes ago, cercata said:

You forgot one, will they allow modules not comming from the marketplace ? Now that all DEVs joined, thay can change the rules ...

They already confirmed that virtually all of our add-ons will work. They further clarified that we will not have to repurchase items on the marketplace.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yep 🙂

I've been reading moaning and complains before each iteration of MSFS since 90th (thanks to internet)  LOL It's like a cultural simming thing LOL

I remember earlier version 2000 or 2002 didn't have ATC so bought some add on for that. Later that year new version of MSFS was announced that included ATC. I felt bad but bought it anyway LOL

Just a reminder: 

1997 FS95

1999 FS2000

2001 FS2002

2003 FS2004

2006 FSX

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI