Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Problem with Neofly 4 (latest version)

Hi,

Just started a week ago with the career mod Neofly 4. Did a few flights with the default Cessna152. Then I decided to sell it and rent the JPL version C152. The rented plane was available at another aiport then my location. So I travelled to that location to start a flight with the JPL C152.

There it went wrong. Spent several hours to fix the problem but without result. The problem is in the message "waiting for matching plane and location"!! Well the pilot, thats me, is at the right airport and the JPL C152 is at the same. The livery is also right chosen (blue metal). In MSFS also the right plane chosen with the right livery. What can be the souce of this mismatch?? I ran out of ideas. 

I know Neofly has a discord server. I took a look at it, but really can't find any usefull information. I don't like discord channels. So I post it here. Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Thanks

Rein

My guess is that even though you think you're using the right livery, you're not. Easy to miss the correct livery as some of the thumbnails aren't that great.

You could also repaint the livery to one of your choice, but that takes money which you probably don't have being so new.

Stick with it. Great proggram and you can't beat the price.

Edited by Twenty6

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

You can verify you have the correct aircraft loaded with the Neofly aircraft data extractor. The name should exactly match the one in Neofly.
If you are adventurous you can also check the database from NeoFly. It's the std.bin file in the Neofly folder. You can even correct the livery if you want.

I use "DB browser for SQL" for this but there are many more tools available.
I recommend to make a backup of the file just in case.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Fixed it. I googled JPL C152 and found out that there was a new version available 2.0.6 at their discord server. Downloaded it and everything is fine now. Neofly recognizes the aircraft. So what happened. Last year or so I downloaded this mod from flightsim.to. When there are updates you get a notification. I never got a notification, so I wasn't aware of a new version. This mod is withdrawn from flightsim.to. I know there were issues between flightsim.to and a number of developers, but didn't realize that JPL had left too. The latest version looks great.

Rein

• Like 1

I cannot get any aircraft. FS2020 calls it Textron Cessna Skyhawk (G1000) and Neofly 4 is looking for Cessna Skyhawk 172 G1000 Asobo. None of my aircraft seem to match Neofly parameters. I am a brand new Neofly user and have been trying for 2 days.

Exactly why having career mode and missions built into 2024 will be a good thing! I like Neofly but it’s not seamless and I find it too restrictive.