Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Thank you Asobo Team and WT..

12 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Good support goes a long way.

sp

So it is and with WT we have pretty good support IMO !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

At the moment i am doeing my second ( 787-10 ) flight with a Simbrief plan and with this plan i can see my TOD so i assume something happend with my first plan and it seems as everything is OK with Simbrief flightplans and the TOD point.

Just to reply back my experience..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 9/29/2023 at 9:41 AM, pmplayer said:

..for this beautiful SU13 update - it is just amazing !!!!

The flight model for the 787-10 is now a masterpiece of a WT work, seeing a lot things are fixed now and the smothness and fluid of the sim is so fine 😎👍 - love it 😍

Can`t wait to test the 747-8, so a happy camper here !

To say, one thing i found, i did two flights with the 787-10 under SU13 conditions and the first one the flightplan was made with Simbrief, loading in worked pretty fine the only thing was i did not have seen a TOD on the flightplan, there was none but i allways have my LNM open on my second screen so there i had my TOD and did a manual descent and that worked wonderfully..

My second flight i did the Plan with LNM and copied the Plan to MSFS and loaded with the insim Flightplanner.

This is working fine also and there i had my TOD so don`t realy know what happens with the TOD in the Simbriefplan maybe somewhat with the plan itself and i will try another Simbriefplan flight to see what happens - but anyway all around a great update, one of the best to me.

cheers 😉

What is WT work?

9 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

What is WT work?

Working title - independent devs hired by Asobo to work on all the avionics.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Wish they could have gotten the HUD in the Longitude working like it does in the 787...

At the time we did the Longitude, the HUD was not certified for use, had no concrete timeline for being certified, wasn't installed in any airframes, nor did it have any accompanying engineering documentation. In fact, it just recently became certified (I think just a few weeks back) and there is a grand total of one whole airframe with it flying at the moment.

We expect that now that it has been certified we can be cleared to the documentation but it may not be super soon as there are a number of projects on the plate ahead of anything like that.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

At the time we did the Longitude, the HUD was not certified for use, had no concrete timeline for being certified, wasn't installed in any airframes, nor did it have any accompanying engineering documentation. In fact, it just recently became certified (I think just a few weeks back) and there is a grand total of one whole airframe with it flying at the moment.

We expect that now that it has been certified we can be cleared to the documentation but it may not be super soon as there are a number of projects on the plate ahead of anything like that.

Thanks for the update Matt, and all your team's hard work. Looking forward to it. As an aside the weather radar in the Longitude doesn't seem to work, if you were not aware. Just stays in standby mode when switching to ON.

The flight models are getting awfully good. Nice to be able to shoot fully coupled apporaches now from IAF's and vectors  with VNAV etc.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

8 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

As an aside the weather radar in the Longitude doesn't seem to work, if you were not aware. Just stays in standby mode when switching to ON.

This seems to be caused by a mod conflict. You may need to remove some mods.

• Like 2

WT 787 is fantastic now. 

Since they started on the G1000 I hoped they’d one day improve the 787 and check it out now! 

It’s  gone from being a bit rubbish to an awesome aircraft to operate in the sim. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Wish they could have gotten the HUD in the Longitude working like it does in the 787...

Are you starting flights for the Longitude from a saved flight?  Not saved flight plan, instead, saved flight.  If so you will not be able to change the weather.  In that case I believe/recall weather gets locked down at the time you save the flight.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I’ll second that, just doing my first 787 flight post SU13 and it’s really hard to believe this is a default aircraft…well done!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

WT will add more features in the future MSFS updates for the 787? thx for all the hard good work!!!

8 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Not running any mods aprrt from the lights (VC and z-newlight)

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Are you starting flights for the Longitude from a saved flight?  Not saved flight plan, instead, saved flight.  If so you will not be able to change the weather.  In that case I believe/recall weather gets locked down at the time you save the flight.

No