Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Thank you Asobo Team and WT..

52 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Not running any mods aprrt from the lights (VC and z-newlight)

Try running without them.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2023 at 5:43 AM, MattNischan said:

This seems to be caused by a mod conflict. You may need to remove some mods.

To follow up: removed the light mods and problem persists. Not running any mods for the Longitude and still not able to get out of standby WX radar.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

To follow up: removed the light mods and problem persists. Not running any mods for the Longitude and still not able to get out of standby WX radar.

Have you removed _all_ mods? For example, I think the last solution for this folks found was to remove the flight dynamics mod.

It's definitely a mod conflict of some sort, though. If all else fails try with an empty or renamed Community folder.

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Have you removed _all_ mods? For example, I think the last solution for this folks found was to remove the flight dynamics mod.

It's definitely a mod conflict of some sort, though. If all else fails try with an empty or renamed Community folder.

Yes. Stock Longitude sans mods. Will give empty community folder a shot next and see when time allows.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

On 10/1/2023 at 11:50 PM, MattNischan said:

but it may not be super soon as there are a number of projects on the plate ahead of anything like that.

Hopefully the interior of the plane as well as opening doors is on the list.🙁  The trend of none-opening doors on Asobo aircraft I hope get's corrected.  Thanks for the feedback.🍺

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, MattNischan said:

FYI, after SU13 it looks like the upgraded Longitude Avionics that we have the option to download is getting more and more taxing on system resources (stuttering, pauses, etc).  I've since uninstalled it and use the default avionics suite.  Don't have any official spec numbers to compare, just gave up and went back to what works.  Just making you aware if the issue proves to be outside of my isolated experience.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Hopefully the interior of the plane as well as opening doors is on the list.

No artists at WT so that would not be a question for us.

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I've since uninstalled it and use the default avionics suite.

No other reports of that so far (in terms of the perf impact increasing), but all the enhancement package does is enable the independent co-pilot PFD. There are no other changes. However, the reason that it is optional is because rendering a totally separated PFD does have a performance impact.

• Like 1

Yes, I’d also just like to add my appreciation to what’s be achieved here, specifically with the 787.

I’m absolutely delighted with it, the quality of the MFD pages and HUD are the finest reproductions of the real items I’ve every seen in any pc flight simulation. In fact I’m just awaiting the delivery today of some prescription lenses to go in my Varjo aero headset, ordered specifically so I can see those screens in complete clarity with my middle aged eyes to do them justice.

They say the eyes are the window to the soul, well for IFR and airline pilots instruments are the window to the aircraft. We spend the majority of our time just staring at those screens ( well,until the cruise, at which point attention switches to the newspaper). So to me personally at least, any discrepancy in the instrumentation really jumps out and kills my immersion in a simulation, but here they’ve absolutely nailed the displays, they’re incredible.

The scale, the fonts, the colours, the latency , everything is just perfect as far as I can see through my aero headset. I now have a life size, completely accurate in terms of appearance and behaviour, set of instruments at home on my simulator for an aircraft I’m currently flying in the real world. That’s something I’ve been longing for , for over 30 years of flight simming and real world commercial flying, and it’s finally happened..and with a default aircraft !

It’s an extremely powerful tool for maintaining currency and increasing proficiency, I’ve already noticed my HUD scanning technique has improved on the real aircraft.

Of course, there are still many things that are either missing or remain inaccurate with the 787 , but for me personally a lot of that can be overlooked as the instrumentation which is my main focus , is just so well done, the inaccuracies don’t distract me too much. I’d much rather accurate instrumentation and incomplete systems than the other way round, again just my personal view, you may have other priorities.

The more I use the 787, the more little things I keep seeing that amaze me with their accuracy.I was hand flying and testing the FBW roll protection features yesterday, all working as per the real machine.

Im now curious as to the future plans for this aircraft in the simulator, is it due for further development ?

The foundations are so good and  solid with those upgraded avionics that it would be a real shame if this aircraft wasn’t further developed to fully include all systems and non normals, either by WT or another party.

There would be an awful lot of work involved in that of course ,as the 787 is an extremely complex machine and its systems fairly unique. However as a payware bolt on package similar to those we’ve seen with the black square overhaul products for GA ,bringing the aircraft up to a full study level , I believe the demand would be there.

The community is really missing and craving a study level 787, in my opinion, and is probably tired of the numerous high end A320s coming onto the market (surely 2 is enough?) and would welcome the change, so once again, I believe the market is there.

The default 787 as it stands now in my opinion is so good, if the systems and non-normals were developed to an equivalent standard not only would the community have a fantastic 787, it would be one that could easily surpass any other Boeing that is currently available or planned for release.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 8

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, jon b said:

Yes, I’d also just like to add my appreciation to what’s be achieved here, specifically with the 787.

I’m absolutely delighted with it...

It’s an extremely powerful tool for maintaining currency and increasing proficiency, I’ve already noticed my HUD scanning technique has improved on the real aircraft.

Of course, there are still many things that are either missing or remain inaccurate with the 787 , but for me personally a lot of that can be overlooked as the instrumentation which is my main focus , is just so well done, the inaccuracies don’t distract me too much. I’d much rather accurate instrumentation and incomplete systems than the other way round, again just my personal view, you may have other priorities.

The default 787 as it stands now in my opinion is so good, if the systems and non-normals were developed to an equivalent standard not only would the community have a fantastic 787, it would be one that could easily surpass any other Boeing that is currently available or planned for release.

Always great to hear from IRL pilots and especially one who is qualified on the 787 as a captain. Apart from needing deeper systems, what are you opinions on the 787 flight model as it stands? When you say "non-normals" did you mean systems wise, or outside the flight envelope?, or both?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

It’s a little bit too sprightly on take off, the initial pitch should be around 12 degrees , this thing is wanting to go somewhere between 15 and 20 degrees. It behaves in a similar fashion if you use FLCH in the cruise, it’ll pitch up to 20 degrees initially, so feels a bit overpowered to me. The pitch is also a bit too sensitive I feel.

I normally get the AP in early after takeoff as I find the high pitch angle and sensitive pitch rate a bit of a distraction so prefer to let the aircraft sort its self out.

Other than that though it’s not too bad, especially for a default aircraft and much better than it was.

I’ve been up throwing it about earlier doing some jet upset unusual attitudes and steep turns , in both normal and direct law and it handled those very nicely. I was also doing some single engine circuits and go arounds  although not perfect it was definitely acceptable.

I have to bear in mind this is a default aircraft in the sim for everyone to pick up and fly and as such expecting it to do a go around on one engine to the complete satisfaction of a type rated pilot is a completely unrealistic expectation. Though I must say this 787 flies much better single  engine than the QW version in P3D which went sideways, literally.

There are still plenty of anomalies, for example I’m seeing the throttles go into HOLD on a FLCH climb , which is a bit dangerous, they certainly go into HOLD on a FLCH descent but you really don’t want that happening on the climb !

As I mentioned before it’s the avionics suite that’s really impressive. I think summing up we’ve got something that feels like a real 787 but is behaving a bit oddly at times, which is way ahead of what we had before, which was just some generic badly flying jet pretending to be a 787.

What I mean by non normals is things going wrong with the systems , the 78 has a full non normal , closed loop electronic checklist , which would be a joy to use in the sim, especially in VR. In fact it’s almost identical to the 777 non normal checklist so people will recognise it from PMDGs P3D 777, which will hopefully arrive with us soon.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 4

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.