Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

Scenery Gateway request/airport bug question

Hi all, 

I am a fairly casual XP12 user as most of my time is spent in MSFS (and once in a long while, in P3D v6)... So I am not sure what the protocol for submitting bugs is, but in XP 12, TJVQ (Antonio Rivera Airport) in Vieques, PR has a HUGE dip in its only runway. This wasn't present in XP11 and I use that airport to fly circuits with GA aircraft as one of my homes is in Vieques, PR. I was wondering how one would go about submitting this. If anyone else could confirm this issue for me as well, it would be appreciated. I run vanilla XP 12 with no addons (except B747 and A350 aircraft)... Your help is greatly appreciated. 

BostonJeremy I have just completed a fresh reinstallation of XP12 (12.07 beta) (For other reasons related to some scenery issues - files went missing) and checked how TJVQ appeared on my installation. 

It looked fine no unusual bumps or dips. Seems it may be another issue. 

3 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

BostonJeremy I have just completed a fresh reinstallation of XP12 (12.07 beta) (For other reasons related to some scenery issues - files went missing) and checked how TJVQ appeared on my installation. 

It looked fine no unusual bumps or dips. Seems it may be another issue. 

Hmmmm... Thanks for checking it out for me! That's why I waited before I made a report. That airport is important to me, so I may have to dig to see what files I need to delete and reinstall via Steam... Don't feel like deleting EVERYTHING. Yet. 😉

BostonJeremy77 - here is what I see for TJVQ this is the default airport no addons:

kQjrYEb.jpg

There is a big difference namely you have no trees and the misshapen runway as well. It certainly appears to me that for that location XP12 is not reading the data correctly and installing the required tiles. How you fix this I am not sure. The steps normally you should run the XP Installer and let it do an update and see if it fixes these issues. 

Now the caveat - I have spent a day with a scenery gremlin of sorts that was the result of relevant def files for a particular area being corrupted or somehow being deleted the content not the file. There was no way I could find of being able to just get the files for that area to replace the faulty ones because the installer/updater/repair function sees that the directory is there and appears not to check if the file content is there as well. 

The only way I could fix this was regrettably doing the nuke option of backing up stuff like plugins and aircraft and my custom scenery and then completely removing XP12 from the computer and then doing a complete new reinstallation from scratch. That fixed all the issues I had experienced.

I will also say this was a perplexing issue because in over a year of using XP12 and various betas the installation and performance has been rock solid and problem free. I suspect external issues or possibly a drive problem but nothing identified. Others may have some idea how to get this done more efficiently or easily. Still find it the best sim I have ever used and I go way back to FS98 and was until XP12 arrived a committed P3D simmer but XP12 just excels in every direction to the point I have got rid of all the others and now only use XP12. 

8 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Here is what I am seeing: 

https://imgur.com/a/uFZxLAi

Do you have any add on scenery having the wrong order can cause that issue. A copy of your log.txt might show something after starting at that airport.

FWIW, I just loaded TJVQ in XP12 here. I have AutoOrtho and X-World installed as my only scenery add-ons. The TJVQ runway looks flat for me as well. There's definitely something not right with your scenery config (or XP install in general).

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Do you have any add on scenery having the wrong order can cause that issue. A copy of your log.txt might show something after starting at that airport.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try it. The only addons I have are Felis 747, Zibo, and FF A350. The rest is plain vanilla. I am flying with Zibo right now, so I will try it when I land in Atlanta. 

OK... so after Atlanta, I flew into San Juan, PR... on taxiway there I found same kinda deal... This made me think that SOMETHING in the scenery of that region is corrupted or missing. Mesh or something of the sort.  I don't know how to read the log file but I found some suspicious looking stuff - here are "exerpts" from this session... 

0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-090/+32-084.dsf:
0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/airport/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/com_Const_Trailer.obj
0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/airport/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/com_Const_Trailer.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Global Scenery/Global Airports/'.
0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-090/+32-084.dsf:
0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/airport/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/com_Const_Trailer.obj
0:01:31.625 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/airport/Common_Elements/Miscellaneous/com_Const_Trailer.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Global Scenery/Global Airports/'.

0:01:31.625 W/TEX: Resources/default scenery/1000 world terrain/textures12/apt/apt_ground2_NML.dds compressed texture used as material source

1:09:30.729 W/TEX: Resources/default scenery/1000 world terrain/textures12/apt/apt_ground1_NML.dds compressed texture used as material source
1:09:46.745 I/SCN: DSF load time: 76125 for file Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+30-090/+32-081.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:09:46.745 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +30-081
1:09:47.251 W/TEX: Resources/default scenery/1000 world terrain/textures12/apt/apt_ground1_NML.dds compressed texture used as material source

1:55:31.914 I/SCN: DSF load time: 27042 for file Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-080.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:55:32.027 I/SCN: DSF load time: 113126 for file Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-078.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:55:32.097 I/SCN: DSF load time: 159575 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 12 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-080.dsf (7028 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:55:32.447 I/SCN: DSF load time: 448711 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 12 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-078.dsf (43780 tris, 8 skipped for -21.5 m^2)
1:55:32.665 I/SCN: DSF load time: 34641 for file Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-079.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:55:33.385 I/SCN: DSF load time: 715134 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 12 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-079.dsf (20545 tris, 3 skipped for -6.6 m^2)
1:55:33.665 I/SCN: DSF load time: 26526 for file Global Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-077.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
1:55:34.080 I/SCN: DSF load time: 393130 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 12 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+20-080/+25-077.dsf (29956 tris, 1 skipped for -3.6 m^2)

2:03:42.270 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +25-075
2:03:42.304 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +27-075
2:03:42.336 I/DSF: Warning for missing scenery file: +26-075

I don't know what any of this means, but this refers to missing scenery files... So I went into my Steam install of XP12 and deleted Global Scenery and Airports and all that... Everything but aircraft... Validated files through Steam and it found a ton of missing files which it is now downloading. Hopefully this cures the issue... 

Also... does anyone else on the latest beta have an issue with once you run XP12, you can't re-run it because Steam says it's still running even though you quit? I had to terminate it via Steam - (Stop)... then it runs fine. 

Hopefully this cures the issue. I will report on the results when XP is done downloading. 

• Like 1

Well, after the scenery reinstall, sadly, TJVQ still has that pit in the middle of the runway. I am puzzled by this because I have zero scenery addons, just 3 aircraft. 

Load a plane at TJVQ, shutdown XP12 and then post the log file here as an attachment. We might be able to help. 

As an aside, you can safely ignore the messages in your log file stating:

Those are "benign" and unrelated to your lumpy runways issue.

I tried to load TJVQ with auto ortho and simhaven and had the same issue. When I loaded the sim without those addons the problem was not present. I don't know which addon it was. Also there are no trees on one side of the runway.