Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

What is wrong with Black Square ? Autopilot is a lottery

4 hours ago, JonathanC said:

Best thing to do - empty the community folder of everything except the BS planes. If that fixes your issue, you need to then figure out which add-on is causing the issue.

Another "best thing to do" to avoid such conflicts in the future between add-ons is to use Addon-Linker, you will never ever have such problems because what you use for any single flight is what you select in Addon-Linker, never more than five to seven addons (plane, livery, departure and arrival airports, GAIST geographical area, AIG, eventually avionics). If anything go wrong, finding the culprit is relatively easy. Instead of moving files around in and out of your community folder, click "unlink all addons", and only select that one addon you wish to test.

This is probably the single most underrated free software for MSFS.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

2 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

For those who decide on every single parameter before they even start MSFS, maybe. For the rest of us, not really. Never used it, never been tempted, never seen the point. 

Best thing indeed is to temporarily move a few files around and do some testing. 'Emptying' the community folder makes it sound very dramatic when it isn't really. 

Looks like the OP is getting good advice on another forum and has a few things to try so I'm sure all will be resolved. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

It appears to be the TDS GTN 750 that is causing the problem... maybe the way I use it after using it to fly the initial approach.

But TBH... the BS planes are the only ones I ever have issues with.

The fact that they have all these exotic instruments bunged in... doesn't help.

I mean the default GNS AND one of 2 different GTN devices + the Nav device thingey, that creates pseudo VORS ? When you add it all together it's a recipe for disaster.

I know one thing for sure... the incoming SWS PC12 (like their Kodiak) won't have these issues. It will be intuitive and work consistently.

Is that asking too much ?

To repeat what everybody on this thread and the one at the other forum have all said - no issues here. As you say - 'maybe the way I use it ...'  

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

It appears to be the TDS GTN 750 that is causing the problem... maybe the way I use it after using it to fly the initial approach.

But TBH... the BS planes are the only ones I ever have issues with.

I mean the default GNS AND one of 2 different GTN devices + the Nav device thingey, that creates pseudo VORS ? When you add it all together it's a recipe for disaster.

I know one thing for sure... the incoming SWS PC12 (like their Kodiak) won't have these issues. It will be intuitive and work consistently.

Is that asking too much ?

no, it’s not asking too much because you already have this. 

The black square planes are intuitive and work consistently for the vast , vast majority of users. There is no “disaster” as you put it. 

perhaps look at some YouTube tutorials or something, see where the flow diverges from whatever you’re currently doing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3d, 4090, 32GB, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

I'll post a video later.

Then YOU experts tell me what's wrong eh ?

Sure, happy to help out. I had to do the same (watch tutorials) loads of times before I managed to figure this stuff out , there’s lots of subtle things that matter. I still have issues from time to time but it’s usually because I forgot something. 

If it’s a real bug that affects many people, it’s easy enough - the forums will be full of simmers complaining 🙂 . If I don’t see that .. I know it’s me! 

• Like 2

5800X3d, 4090, 32GB, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + Framegen

So it appears my Stream Deck was causing issues.

Having narrowed it down,  I managed to do 4 perfect intercepts this afternoon.

The new update to A & Ohs had changed the Port and needed allowing through the Firewall.

I'm pleased and relieved as I like the TBM.

But it does not explain the intermittent behaviour of the BS Caravan.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

and should be an integral part of the MSFS platform itself.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

8 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Arguably, having a dedicated VOR1 gauge does help.. it all depends on your understanding of the instruments in the panel.  😉

And if you are flying with the GTN 750 as your main navigation device, you can toggle off the GNS etc, which helps eliminate clutter..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Not to be picky, but activating APR on the autopilot, right at glideslope intercept is not a standard procedure.

The correct way is to stabilize on final, below the glideslope, and select APR before glideslope intercept.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Why does nothing Arm ... in white ?

(I now have the ILS working thanks.)

But when I activate an AP mode... it just immediately greens up... even though it should be armed as we're nowhere near currently.... could be activating Nav or Altutide.

Very confusing.

Altitude should not be Active ...  Green... when I'm climbing in VS mode.