Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Combining DLDSR and DLSS

I think I have the following explained correctly.

AMD's DSR is not very efficient and hurts performance but improves the image.

DLDSR is AMD's AI version of DSR and it can be combined with Nvidia's DLSS on Nvidia RTX cards. Which the presenter considers to be the holy grail when settings are optimized to bring it all in balance.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm still using TAA with DX11 because everything else looks like garbage on RTX 2XXX cards.  For me DLSS was a enormous disspaoinment

I'm currently experimenting with this having watched the video. Running on my 2k screen at 2.25 (3840 x 2160) was just too much, though it was visually very sharp.  I'm running at 1.78 at the moment and will stick with that for a few days and se how things go. (3413 x 1920).

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

What a coincidence, I just watched this a few hours ago 🍻. I’m curious to hear if this has any merit if you’re already on 4K. I have a pretty hefty system which handles MSFS easily in 4K, but I’m not sure I want to mess with it.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

19 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I’m curious to hear if this has any merit if you’re already on 4K.

Tried it. Went back to normal. It is nice to have DLSS and no ghosting, but I did notice that there was some stuttering with Frame Generation. Honestly, I'm happy running my native resolution with FG and TAA. It did look a bit sharper, but nothing that was mind blowing. I may try it again at an iniBuilds airport since their fields usually have that weird shimmering on terminal buildings.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I tried this earlier tonight on a 2K monitor with a 3080Ti card. I think there's been an improvement in sharpness in the scenery at Duxford. Certainly no problems with frame rates. Definitely worth trying out.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, Fielder said:

DLDSR is AMD's AI version of DSR and it can be combined with Nvidia's DLSS on Nvidia RTX cards.

Both are nVidia technologies actually, which is why they piggyback so well. 

• Like 2

Thanks, I thought that was AMD. I noticed that all those setting in NCP he shows are not there if you run multiple monitors and span displays with surround. But in single screen they are there.

Anyway, in single screen I set all his settings in NVP and also MSFS Options. I ran over 85 fps on my 2K monitor at KJFK and over 110 flying over the manhatten skyscrapers. Image quality was best I've ever seen.

With 4070 I use Frame Gen and the 5800X3D is decent (and cheap because it's on an old MB that can only take DDR4 RAM and lowly 600Watt PSU, which is plenty of watts with a 4070. I could not run a 4070 ti with this power supply and would have to remove everything in the case to change that PSU). 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I downloaded his video to hardisc and also a textfile with links to the video time spots.

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL
6:11 NVCP DSR-FACTORS (DSLR): 2.25 & 1.75 (BOTH ON)
17:37 NVCP DSR SMOOTHNESS: 60%
18:35 NVCP TEXTURE FILTERING:  HIGH QUALITY
19:16 NVCP ANISTROPIC FILTERING: 16X
19:35 NVCP LOW LATENCY MODE : ULTRA
20:20 NVCP POWER MANAGEMENT: if cpu fan noise is a problem then: Normal, otherwise PREFER MAX PERF.
MSFS GENERAL OPTIONS GRAPHICS
21:30 MSFS ANTI-ALIASING: NVIDIA DLSS SUPER RES.
21:43 MSFS select a resolution: highest (for 2k monitor 3840x2160 = 2.25X) (3rd from bottom is native resolu.)
22:00 MSFS NVIDIA DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION: QUALITY
23:17 MSFS GLOBAL RENDERING QUALITY: ULTRA
24:12 MOTION BLUR: OFF

• Like 3

What about blurry displays?

JetPhotos | Airliners.net
Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Thanks, I thought that was AMD. I noticed that all those setting in NCP he shows are not there if you run multiple monitors and span displays with surround. But in single screen they are there.

That's odd - I have two monitors, and all the settings he alters are there for me in NCP.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

My 2 monitors are joined together into one monitor by using NCP's Configure Surround, PhysX. And then the bezel between them compensated away in NCP. That way any dial the bezel runs through will be perfectly round, like if using one monitor.

spacer.png

If I turn off "span displays" there will be a whole lot more than these few choices in NCP. Like, DSR Smoothness would be listed in the alphabetized drop down menu.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, cianpars said:

I'm currently experimenting with this having watched the video. Running on my 2k screen at 2.25 (3840 x 2160) was just too much, though it was visually very sharp.  I'm running at 1.78 at the moment and will stick with that for a few days and se how things go. (3413 x 1920).

Update.  Having done a number of flights with high density addons (where I know I am running close to the edge) I am noticing a heavy drop in frame rates in some of these areas. It's very crisp and looks very nice, but if I continue to use it, I will not be able to fly in a few areas I like.  I probably need to experiment with turning down a few other settings and see if the quality for  performance trade off is worth it over the longer term.

I'm sure this mod would work well enough if you didn't have any performance limiting addon aircraft, airports or photo sceneries.

Edited by cianpars
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)