Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Combining DLDSR and DLSS

It did improve things for me (I have 12 GB VRAM like all 4070). Judging from MDFlier messages above, I would recommend trying DLAA instead of QUALITY. I would guess DLAA would decrease framerates but may make moving tapes easier to read. If so, then I will stick with QUALITY as higher fps mean more to me then clearer tapes.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

but the DSR setting in the sim, makes the glass cockpit readings very blurry

Did you activate DLSS Quality on top of DLDSR? That’s what did it for me. Sorry for asking it’s just that the answer isn’t obvious from anything you’ve written yet, though I’m guessing the answer is yea. 

3 hours ago, mryan75 said:

Did you activate DLSS Quality on top of DLDSR? That’s what did it for me. Sorry for asking it’s just that the answer isn’t obvious from anything you’ve written yet, though I’m guessing the answer is yea. 

Again, thanks for the suggestion! I tried Quality and I tried DLAA. Both give me the blurry numbers in glass cockpits. (Also for reference I did update both .dll files to the latest iteration).

I'm just glad it works for some; I can wait my turn or better yet MSFS2024 fixes the issue.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

16 hours ago, threegreen said:

What about blurry displays?

Still there🥱

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Again, thanks for the suggestion! I tried Quality and I tried DLAA. Both give me the blurry numbers in glass cockpits. (Also for reference I did update both .dll files to the latest iteration).

I'm just glad it works for some; I can wait my turn or better yet MSFS2024 fixes the issue.

That’s bizarre. I have no idea what it is but it works wonders for some people and does nothing for others. Do you have GeForce Experience installed by chance? If so check and see if you have optimize enabled for MSFS. 

9 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

That’s bizarre. I have no idea what it is but it works wonders for some people and does nothing for others. Do you have GeForce Experience installed by chance? If so check and see if you have optimize enabled for MSFS. 

So maybe I was misunderstanding. I am able to turn on DLAA in MSFS and adjust the settings in NCP. (That works fine) I was thinking I had to have DLSS and DLAA in the sim.(that has the blurry glass screen displays) 

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

For me no change.  Here are the uncompressed screen shots in .png form.  I have placed these so you can rock them back and fourth to compare quickly.

TAA DX 11

spacer.png

DLSS SR QUALITY with tweaks from video in question.  Fairly close but I can still see the blurriness. It also seems to wash the colors out.

spacer.png

TAA DX11

spacer.png

DLSS SR QUALITY with tweaks DX11

DLSS3.png

Does DX12 Help? Not that I can tell.  

TAA DX12

TAADX12.png

DLSS SR QUALITY DX12

spacer.png

Performance increase is slight but almost statistically negligible.  It's getting closer but TAA is still way sharper for me. 

System stats: Intel i710700KF, Msi NVIDIA GTX 2070S, 32GB ram. 1TB SSD internal 4GB Samsung T9 external SSD w/USB SS.

SETTINGS.  Resolution :2560X1080  VSync: On 100%.  2560X1080 3" Widescreen at 85Hz.  TLOD: 100, OLOD:100 HIGH and Medium for everything except Volumetric clouds and Windshield effects set to ULTRA. 4X and 4X4, Raymarched Reflections: High.

Flightbeam:  KDEN on internal SSD. PMDG 737-700 on internal SSD. FSLTL running with about 90 total aircraft. 30 absolute parked.  Live Weather.  I chose Denver because the METAR looked more graphically challenging.

Two things I did note while testing.  TAA ghosting seems to have been quite diminished with the combo of SU14 and the latest 546.29 drivers.  I'm not getting the blue streaking from objects and AI I was getting prior to the update combo.  now there is just a slight imprint that dissipates quickly even against a dark sky.

From my perspective it looks to me that the overall game improvement since SU14 may be leading some to believe that the tweaks are what made it look better when in fact it was just SU 14 and the new drivers. 

Case in point.  I went to test a well known flaw of TAA where the nose gear of the airplane obviously ghosts while going down the runway at a high rate of speed.  In TAA and DLSS the effect was diminished but looked actually similar.

We all understand that people are trying to help, but the holy grail of performance has now been found about 75 times.  Tweak this NVIDIA file, Try this magical setting, Make sure you check this in your NVIDIA control panel. update this file, roll back to the driver. Yada Yada Yada.

I have to say that I am impressed with SU14 so it will be sad when it inevitably regresses in SU15.

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, aniiran said:

We all understand that people are trying to help, but the holy grail of performance has now been found about 75 times.  Tweak this NVIDIA file, Try this magical setting, Make sure you check this in your NVIDIA control panel. update this file, roll back to the driver. Yada Yada Yada.

I see you have shown us, that in your case this "help" isn´t bringing you more performance. For some others, depending on their usecase (Hardware, Software and Addons) this COULD be a solution as well.

In my opinion it is much welcome, that users are sharing their (!) "solutions" wich COULD be a help to others as well. 

So, I don´t think there is a "BUT". I find it GREAT that someone made a hour long lasting video explaining what HE did to find something out, while others MAY profit for FREE. The "Holy Grail" some people are talking about, is their expression of their "Happyness" and I like it when people express theirselves!

😉

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, aniiran said:

I agree with you, I didn't even watch the video when I saw who the author was (the same of TWO other videos in a week about "+30% performance changing a DLL even when the DLL isn't used"). He never shows before and after, by the way. 

I follow this and other threads with amusement. Placebo is real. Scale up the resolution, then scale it down when the game is launched to return to the original resolution of the screen; then apply DLSS to scale it down internally and again scale it up with AI to match the resolution of the screen. How TF would that accomplish anything? And in that case, why didn't Microsoft and nVidia think about it before? I am sure they will start firing their engineers to hire youtubers now 🙂  

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

why didn't Microsoft and nVidia think about it before

Actually they did and exactly that is why we have the possibillity in Nvidia Settings to choose DSR, DLSS, DLAA, DLSR and so far and so on.

It gives the users the chance to decide how to setup their hardware and skip load from CPU to GPU and ViceVersa. 

If you would have read some articles about this, then you would know why this indeed is possible and for some of us works also.

😉 

Why are people so upset when someone makes a video? He......skip it and if you are so "cool" that this "guy" won´t bother you in ANY way....why you post about hinm here? Why you don´t contact him and qwrite him directly and ask him? 

The post above says more about you then him.

Just MY Opinion.

Marcus

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

39 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Actually they did and exactly that is why we have the possibillity in Nvidia Settings to choose DSR, DLSS, DLAA, DLSR and so far and so on.

It gives the users the chance to decide how to setup their hardware and skip load from CPU to GPU and ViceVersa. 

If you would have read some articles about this, then you would know why this indeed is possible and for some of us works also.

😉

Why are people so upset when someone makes a video? He......skip it and if you are so "cool" that this "guy" won´t bother you in ANY way....why you post about hinm here? Why you don´t contact him and qwrite him directly and ask him? 

DLSS upscaling is aimed at improving performance without too much loss of graphics quality. The even "better look", with respect to native resolution, that someone sees sometimes, derives from increased sharpness and additional "fake" detail generated by the AI.

DSR is aimed at improving sharpness when you have a GPU which is capable of delivering a decent performance at resolutions higher than your monitor resolution.

I mean, if applying them at the same time produces valuable results, why is this not the default choice by nVidia? 

I am upset with these videos because they are evidently clickbait videos that are not based on empirical evidence, have no technical base (like improving the performance with TAA when replacing the DLSS DLL - which is not used with TAA) and overall never show before-and-after reproducible results.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 

There is only one solution that will work 100% for all, AMD 7800X3D + Nvidia RTX4090.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

27 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I am upset with these videos because they are evidently clickbait videos

Why you get upset when someone makes a video? Because it is evidently clickbait? Where exactly is your evidence? You spoke to the owner of the video and he gave you the evidence?

I´m sorry to hear you get upset about a video... You can change that easely by not getting upset anymore and take it with a grain of salt if you don´t like it.

I´m glad a video can´t get me upset.....makes my life easy 😉 

Ok back to topic.....sorry for trying to share my view to keep AVSIM a life with people who sharing there videos and findings. Because I want to profit from them and their work of trying out things

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Will DSR only work with DX12? I would like to try it without DLSS if possible instead of increasing render scale in game settings.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |