Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Embraer 190/195. Releases 14 Dec 2023

Yep, release that even before its base (the 170/175) is worth taking out of my hanger.  🧐

• Upvote 1

They are simply doing it for the $$$ and are not passionate about their product or to the community to even make a respectable product and then you have developers out there delaying their (future) projects and fixing things to their current releases they have (bug fixes and improvements)  that the paying customers ask for whether its Commercial Airliners or G.A. aircraft before releasing their new product but like I say some developers do not have no conscience and are out there to get $$$ and plenty of folks are out there will fall and support this type of behavior even if the product is good or junk, this is the sad state of the flight sim we live in buy a new toy whether it works properly or not but it looks shiny. Shameful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

They are simply doing it for the $$$ and are not passionate about their product or to the community to even make a respectable product 

Says who? Do you follow them e.g. on discord? They are very open in terms of communication and release updates in quiet regular intervalls. They also were always very clear and straight forward about the fact that you basically get a BETA product still in development. Unlike other devs that release total garbage as so called "final" product...

For me (!), this is the moment when I will start supporting them on their way to a good EMB E-Jet product. Until now, I had not enough interest to do so as I simply have no use for a E-170/175. The now coming E-190/195 is way more attractive to me (!). 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

43 minutes ago, AnkH said:

They also were always very clear and straight forward about the fact that you basically get a BETA product still in development. Unlike other devs that release total garbage as so called "final" product...

Commical post

No other developer charged for a product that was in BETA and stated it. Well not like this developer. LOL but carry on.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

35 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Commical post

No other developer charged for a product that was in BETA and stated it. Well not like this developer. LOL but carry on.

How about the MD-11?  I know they say 'early access' instead of beta, but I don't know what the difference is.  Might just be semantics.  Basically both are sold in a limited flyable state, but not finished.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

29 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No other developer charged for a product that was in BETA and stated it.

Didn't the TFDI MD-11 release in pre early-access for CE buyers and come end of January will release in Early access? These are things that were clearly explained and TFDI charged for.

Didn't upon PMDG's release, Rob made a post about the aircraft releasing in a pre-release state and such was at a discounted price until they deemed the product's feature set complete?

Didn't Fenix outline the things that were imcomplete on it's blog page in the release post that would be fixed later down the line but still charged for it?

The idea that EA/Beta releases is some new concept to flight simming is kind of hilarious.

3 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

simply doing it for the $$$ and are not passionate about their product or to the community to even make a respectable product

Not passionate? FSS has released a very clear roadmap about their goals and even made a further blog posting revising how their roadmap didn't go to plan and they apologise for it. They have shown multiple times that their aim is to build a high fidelity product. However, you are FREE to purchase and a be a part of that development process or not.

buy a new toy whether it works properly or not but it looks shiny.

Except the product page clearly describes the working state of this "toy". Are developers still to be blamed when things are as transparent as it can be?

then you have developers out there delaying their (future) projects and fixing things to their current releases they have (bug fixes and improvements)  that the paying customers ask for

Cause on the opposite end of the spectrum, simmers are larping and sending death threats to the like of Fenix for delaying their updates. It is entirely impossible to please some of you.

This sounds like some kind of FOMO like you're being forced to buy something you don't have to and then getting angry about it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

How about the MD-11?  I know they say 'early access' instead of beta, but I don't know what the difference is.  Might just be semantics.  Basically both are sold in a limited flyable state, but not finished.

Oh come on Bob you know better than this. TFDI have their own systems and this product relies on Asobo systems as a paid product. Joke comparison.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

33 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Oh come on Bob you know better than this. TFDI have their own systems and this product relies on Asobo systems as a paid product. Joke comparison.

Yes, I know.  I am on about the early release business model, not the technicalities of development.

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

For DCS for example, it is a widely used (and accepted) procedure to release an "unfinished" product to the market and constantly evolve it. Also for tons of other games, sometimes even for whole gamea itself. You can like it or not, but accusing them not being dedicated to the product is simply wrong and based on nothing but assumptions. Since release at the beginning of the year, FSS issued 21 updates for the E-Jets addressing various things including stuff mentioned and wished by the community. That makes roughly two updates a month. Calling this "not passionate about their product" is the comical post, not mine...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

To all of those who say it's a money grab etc. i really don't care about reading it anymore, doesn't add anything to the forum, what so ever. And actual interesting insights/discussion gets lost between all these useless posts. . 

There are some basic principle of general product development that you all are ignoring. Unless it is freeware, it is always about the $. You need cashflow to pay the bills (like salary). You either pay these development costs out of your own (deep) pockets, or you need to find an investor. Because banks don't really consider deal in investing in flightssim add-ons, you need to look into alternative ways like crowdfunding (aka ealry access). 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3