Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Embraer 190/195. Releases 14 Dec 2023

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

For DCS for example, it is a widely used (and accepted) procedure to release an "unfinished" product to the market and constantly evolve it. Also for tons of other games, sometimes even for whole gamea itself. You can like it or not, but accusing them not being dedicated to the product is simply wrong and based on nothing but assumptions. Since release at the beginning of the year, FSS issued 21 updates for the E-Jets addressing various things including stuff mentioned and wished by the community. That makes roughly two updates a month. Calling this "not passionate about their product" is the comical post, not mine...

Ok I hear your post but when are they going to implement their custom FMC. LNAV/VNAV into their E170/175 series (they sold and made money off) before releasing a new product. Guess we wait years for the process and serious simmers continue to call them out.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

1 hour ago, Lucky38i said:

Didn't the TFDI MD-11 release in pre early-access for CE buyers and come end of January will release in Early access? These are things that were clearly explained and TFDI charged for.

Didn't upon PMDG's release, Rob made a post about the aircraft releasing in a pre-release state and such was at a discounted price until they deemed the product's feature set complete?

Didn't Fenix outline the things that were imcomplete on it's blog page in the release post that would be fixed later down the line but still charged for it?

The idea that EA/Beta releases is some new concept to flight simming is kind of hilarious.

All of these other devs released products that were miles ahead of what FSS released.

11 minutes ago, chapstick said:

All of these other devs released products that were miles ahead of what FSS released.

Way to miss the point though I suppouse it's better to continue complaining about something you don't have to buy, again?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lucky38i said:

Way to miss the point though I suppouse it's better to continue complaining about something you don't have to buy, again?

No, I got your point--you are, for some reason, defending the most obnoxious and aggressive use of the "early access" model I've seen in flight sim. 

Why do I have to buy the product to have an opinion on their early access approach? Does that same standard apply to the people defending FSS?

28 minutes ago, chapstick said:

defending the most obnoxious and aggressive use of the "early access" model I've seen in flight sim. 

An aircraft that's in an alpha state, being sold in an early access model is now.. obnoxious and aggressive? I'm confused do we have different interpretations of what define early access? Mind you it's not a beta. There's plenty of past examples of run and gun products that are much more damaging to the community than a very clear usage of early access model in the flight simming community.

30 minutes ago, chapstick said:

opinion on their early access approach?

By all means you're entitled to your opinions and I respect those.

I was more inline discussing JBDB's comments about this whole situation. They've made wholy innacurate assumption about FSS's approach to the situation. They make the assumption that LNAV/VNAV are simply a 2 month operation among other things.

Mind you I don't own the E175, it's not in a state that I'm comfortable with, however there are others who have, despite it's simplifications, have managed to find enjoyment in their purchase. To those who have bought it and are upset with it's shortcomings I don't have a lot of sympathy for as the product page defined what you were getting (This is directly what I used to determine if I should buy it).

I am appreciative of FSS being wholly transparent about their shortcomings and their revised roadmaps. I look forward to their development but at this point in time their aircrafts aren't for me. Saying they're a cash grab, lacking conscience or lacking in respect to the community is slanderous to a developer that has been nothing short but transparent to the community. What more could you possibly need to know wether you need to stay away from their products or not?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

They are simply doing it for the $$$ and are not passionate about their product or to the community to even make a respectable product and then you have developers out there delaying their (future) projects and fixing things to their current releases they have (bug fixes and improvements)  that the paying customers ask for whether its Commercial Airliners or G.A. aircraft before releasing their new product but like I say some developers do not have no conscience and are out there to get $$$ and plenty of folks are out there will fall and support this type of behavior even if the product is good or junk, this is the sad state of the flight sim we live in buy a new toy whether it works properly or not but it looks shiny. Shameful.

Hey, we're talking about the Ejets here, not MSFS2020 and/or MSFS2024. Please stay on topic.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

56 minutes ago, chapstick said:

Why do I have to buy the product to have an opinion on their early access approach?

Credibility. Go look it up.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Folks, please take a deep breath, and don’t attack each other for having a difference in opinion. If you don’t like to read about this topic, move on.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Any idea if there’s a discount for those who own the E175?

I enjoy that for what’s is, and despite some of the prevailing opinions in here the devs have been making great progress with it.

I’m just not sure I’d pay for another variant at full price just yet when I have the E175 to scratch any E-jet itch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

What is the realistic assessment of E170/175 package? Is it rather lack of proper functionality (incorrect LNAV.VNAV) OR instability (CTD, etc.)? 

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Any idea if there’s a discount for those who own the E175?

I enjoy that for what’s is, and despite some of the prevailing opinions in here the devs have been making great progress with it.

I’m just not sure I’d pay for another variant at full price just yet when I have the E175 to scratch any E-jet itch.

No discount.

42 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

What is the realistic assessment of E170/175 package? Is it rather lack of proper functionality (incorrect LNAV.VNAV) OR instability (CTD, etc.)? 

It looks, sounds and flies quite nicely. You can perform full IFR flights. You need to determine your own Top of descent and VS it down(or ask for radar vectors). It's preferable to use an ILS over an RNAV. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

The former. It's actually pretty stable. E.g. with the ATR I'm guaranteed to crash or freeze the plane if I start playing around with the FMC. This is not the case for the E-Jets (although there's a nasty bug that will occasionally freeze the plane IF you push the chrono button... but at least that's predictable, so just don't push it until it gets fixed). For the (feature-/depth-lacking) state it's in, it's in a good shape.

• Like 2

Gods teeth!! £40 for it and no discount for poor souls like me who bought the E175! Think I'll wait this one out...

• Like 2

HIGHLIGHT: If you own both E-Jets packages (E170/175 and E190/195) you will get exclusive and free access to the upcoming E190/195 freighter variant, which is planned for Q2 2024.