Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Embraer 190/195. Releases 14 Dec 2023

4 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

but when are they going to implement their custom FMC. LNAV/VNAV into their E170/175 series

they're aiming for next summer

40 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There is no way they have the necessary skills to develop a custom FMC. Ain't going to happen.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

What is the realistic assessment of E170/175 package? Is it rather lack of proper functionality (incorrect LNAV.VNAV) OR instability (CTD, etc.)? 

Really the biggest things missing are VNAV and custom LNAV (you can fly LNAV using the default FMC interface).

Obviously it will be more enjoyable when these last two bits are done, but for now it definitely provides an enjoyable experience.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

HIGHLIGHT: If you own both E-Jets packages (E170/175 and E190/195) you will get exclusive and free access to the upcoming E190/195 freighter variant, which is planned for Q2 2024.

I actually didn’t realize there was a freighter variant…are they in use anywhere yet?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Gods teeth!! £40 for it and no discount for poor souls like me who bought the E175! Think I'll wait this one out...

58 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

HIGHLIGHT: If you own both E-Jets packages (E170/175 and E190/195) you will get exclusive and free access to the upcoming E190/195 freighter variant, which is planned for Q2 2024.

Kind of disappointed regarding no discount on the additional aircraft considering were "beta testing" for them. Also, it doesn't seem there are no freighter versions of the Embraer.

Darryl

Lol, so there is no discount for those that bought the E170, but instead you get a promise of another unfinished variant? 😄

I didn't buy the E170 as I didn't like what was briefed at the outset; how unfinished it was at release.  But if I had, I would certainly have hoped I'd get a discount on another unfinished variant.

For FSS I just stick with the Tecnams P2006 and P2012; both really excellent.  It seems their resources and skill sets are well suited to aircraft like these, perhaps rather than complex airliners that need a custom FMC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, SP2472 said:

Kind of disappointed regarding no discount on the additional aircraft considering were "beta testing" for them. Also, it doesn't seem there are no freighter versions of the Embraer.

Darryl

https://www.aircargonews.net/services/freighter-conversions-mro/embraer-completes-first-e190-freighter-conversion/

No discount even when products are pretty much complete. People need to make a living and for FSS that is to charge for another two variants so they can keep paying staff etc. its not expensive. Everyone will claim its far to expensive when its finished since they already said the price will increase once complete....

Edited by carlanthony24

Perhaps this is a silly question, but due to time constraints, I generally just set the FMC up and fly from point A to point B. I don't use real world procedures in many cases, and I tend hand fly and not even use auto-pilot. Is the current state of the E-Jets good enough to have a decent experience? In other words, is what is complete to date actually modelled fairly well? I am particularly interested in the 190/195. 

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Perhaps this is a silly question, but due to time constraints, I generally just set the FMC up and fly from point A to point B. I don't use real world procedures in many cases, and I tend hand fly and not even use auto-pilot. Is the current state of the E-Jets good enough to have a decent experience? In other words, is what is complete to date actually modelled fairly well? I am particularly interested in the 190/195. 

Cheers, Pete

For your case, yes it's perfectly fine.

• Like 1

Glad this is out and i just purchased it.  Now in the process of installing it!

I get some of the negative comments on the product however it is evolving slowly but surely.  Also keep in mind that aircraft development in MSFS is generally a slow and complex process as it is  anyways.  In the past I disagreed with the practice of releasing before completion and in someways still don't like it but unfortunately its how the world turns these days in the MSFS world.  All that I ask for is that its at least enjoyable and usable in its early state.  Obviously if its not at least usable and enjoyable than by all means complain about it.  I think Flightsim Studio has done a pretty good job of keeping it usable and enjoyable except for maybe in the very beginning but within a few weeks it was much improved.     

It definitely not perfect yet but far better than the E-Jets from the those "Other" guys.  I visited a friend in Europe who had the E2 package from those "Other" guys and it was truly garbage.  The E-Jets by Flightsim Studio is a masterpiece in comparison. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

I actually didn’t realize there was a freighter variant…are they in use anywhere yet?

There is also a freighter variant? Really? Awesome! I think I finally found a christmas present for cats today 🙂

I like that little pointy-nosed aerodynamic looking plane but I also liked the Aerosoft CRJ everyone else hated because a JetCat flies everything with a jet and good looking cockpit. Even if I´m a hog for absolute 100% avionics and navigation realism sometimes it´s also about the look and feel of a cockpit: How does it feel sitting inside there, is it beautyfully illuminated are the virtual seats cozy, how does it feel sitting inside this cockpit on a rainy or snowy evening and is there a heater simulated... You know what I mean. 😏

Is there a demo to test this airplane for two hours like Steam games?

Oh and is it possible to completely pre-program a full flight route in the FMC with full autoflight, autoland and autobrake? I don´t hand-fly aircrafts, the computer must do that.

Edited by JetCat

16 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Good to know I may look into it then. If not Nah I will stick with my little B736.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

This looks really really promising!

I´m almost convinced to buy, but I am still waiting for a few reviews brining on some nice real close-up shots of the turbines the gear well the cargo doors, and other fine details inside the cockpit (circuit breaker panel, cockpit door, seats, all other purely visual details that are normally not seen in casual flight videos that focus on the PFD and ND and programing the FMC).

CAT II and CAT IIIB are always the most interesting landings, boring blue sky and no clouds is seen in 99% of all YouTube videos anyway so let´s head over to more interesting and challenging weathers like in this video here:

Can I ask a stupid question about this niftly little plane - what does "no VNAV" exactly mean when flying it?

I only fly Airbusses and the Airbus uses either ILS or has a FLS flight landing system with a simulated ILS-beam for landing, but even when inputting altitudes or altitude constraints into the waypoints of the MCDU flight programing computer I still select the altitude and autopilot mode (open descent, expedite climb or descent or selected climb or descent speed on the variometer) on the autopilot panel. And manually head down to 2900 feet above ground to catch the ILS glideslope from below etc in 20 to 10 miles radius distance to the airport........

How is this done different in this e-Jet, and what is missing in the autopilot or in the FMC functions of an e-Jet when a plane comes with "no VNAV"?

1 hour ago, JetCat said:

Can I ask a stupid question about this niftly little plane - what does "no VNAV" exactly mean when flying it?

VNAV or vertical navigation is the FMS's prediction of the vertical flight path. Ensuring the aircraft ascends in accordance with SID constraints. Climbing performance is computed with regards to wind data, cost index and various other things. It's also used for predicting when to descend, when to transition to different speed profiles all while conforming to STAR constraints. In short, with VNAV, there's no longer a need to use V/S mode like you currently do now.

1 hour ago, JetCat said:

I still select the altitude and autopilot mode (open descent, expedite climb or descent or selected climb or descent speed on the variometer) on the autopilot panel.

Yeah this is basically flying without VNAV (over-simplification). If you fly the Fenix or FBW you can read this to get a better understanding of VNAV and how it operates in Airbus. My explanation contained a lot of simplifications.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetCat said:

You are mixing up approach guidance and descent guidance. ILS etc. is for the approach and works fine in this product; VNAV is for the initial descent up to the start of the approach and is non-existent in this product. Instead for descent you have to calculate your own TOD and then use VS or FPA to descent in a 3 degrees descent angle, basically what you were doing back in the days when the FBW A32X had no VNAV yet.

• Upvote 1