Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Embraer 190/195. Releases 14 Dec 2023

19 hours ago, regis9 said:

I actually didn’t realize there was a freighter variant…are they in use anywhere yet?

They've converted the first E195 in June this year, so it starts being used, so to say. Will enter service in 2024, though I haven't heard of any airline yet except one chinese I've never heard before (Langzhou Aviation IIRC?). Embraer predicts an overall of 500 E-Jets to be converted to freighters, which would even be more than the 747F or 777F.

• Like 1

Hear hear, 737NGDriver actually starts to recommend (!) the FSS E-Jets (verdict starting from about 1:28:30):

Edited by Fiorentoni

30 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Hear hear, 737NGDriver actually starts to recommend (

No he doesn't. Tons of caveats if you actually listen. 

16 minutes ago, chapstick said:

No he doesn't. Tons of caveats if you actually listen. 

He literally says "we have reached that point where - even with some limitations - I can slowly start recommending FSS Embraers" in the end. If you actually listen.

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

He literally says "we have reached that point where - even with some limitations - I can slowly start recommending FSS Embraers" in the end. If you actually listen.

Oh, ok. 

22 hours ago, jarmstro said:

There is no way they have the necessary skills to develop a custom FMC. Ain't going to happen.

And you know this how?

45 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

And you know this how?

I seem to remember Jarmstro being an early adopter, purchased pretty close to day one. If my Sixty-Six year old memory serves and he did  indeed “early adopt” I would suspect he would have been closely following all the FSS development activities and may have an innate and painful knowledge of their prowess.

Just a guess,

-B

PS…I say this as an owner of the FSS P2006 and the P2012.  Both are visually impressive (like the e-jets) and both were plagued with development issues, mostly centered n auto flight. They have made good progress on the Tecnam pair so perhaps there is hope for the e-jets too,

Edited by btacon

Purchased this last night and fired up the computer today to check it out but ran into a technical problem.  I purchased from the Aerosoft page (same as my E175) but when I select the aircraft its asking for a activation key.  Problem is none was provided.  Purchased on the website but installed via Aerosoft One.

After typing above I noticed an update this morning on Aerosoft One.  Hopefully that solves it!

Update:

I found the activation key.  Its kind of hidden on the Aerosoft website but once activated no problems. 

Edited by longhaul747

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

And you know this how?

He's been following this since day 1, as have I. I recall back and forths with him back when the first version of this came out.

The first warning signs were seeing that the dev working on this aircraft had produced 2 small sceneries in Europe, and the SeaRey using default systems. I never thought they'd be able to pull it off, and gleaned this from the conduct of the Discord conversation where they demonstrated daily that the devs had no idea how this airplane worked and very, very basic questions or misconceptions that should have been solved during the research phase. And then they gaslit the community for a bit - did you know you can find a Discord where there are many people quite convinced that the EJets have no working VNAV? Yeah, just a switch nobody ever uses - leaving out that this was one of the first airplanes where VNAV was a takeoff to landing, full flight mode with even automatic transitions to APPR mode. 

I have no problem with unfinished projects, but I'm not giving them $80 for promises, videos from AviationLads, and screenshots from their custom FMC dreamboard, because I doubt the project will ever be finished to a point where it's a satisfying simulation of the E170. Here's the E190, hot and ready now that they need a little more scratch. When the custom FMS that we all watched those first few videos and expected at launch, as we've had on complete products like the PMDG 737, Fenix A320, even the Asobo ATR and Aerosoft CRJ on day 1, becomes a little more complex than they expected, given their other 3 aircraft projects have all been WT avionics based, I have no doubt we might see an "enhanced" simulation expansion pack. 

Out of their depth. Would you buy a Carenado 777?

• Upvote 1

Anybody has any Lorby AAO scripts for this? Can't find it anywhere

1 hour ago, mspencer said:

Would you buy a Carenado 777?

yep

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I bought it of course.  It's basically the same as the e170 series.  No major bugs.  Navigraph and simbrief integration are the same.  Only real difference is the hud.  The hud is not quite there in terms of real world ops but it's probably one of those things that will get updated every few weeks. Takes- off fine, lands fine, follows the flight plan, captures the ils. Climbs up to FL410.  Fuel burn seems right. If anything it seems a bit overpowered on take off with max thrust. I'm pretty sure your only supposed to go to the toga detent.  But blasting out of eglc I figured max thrust. I probably just needed a faster rate of climb. The cabin looks really nice.  And the textures are nice and sharp looking out the windows.

Edited by aniiran
  • Upvote 2