Sign in to follow this  
Kalorien

AS16/ASCA

Hi,

Problem: no rain or snow at all

I use FSX Gold on a networked system. Using AS16+ASCA on the client with bad weather incl. precipitation indicated in AS16, there is never anything like that to see in the sim. But...

Without AS16+ASCA, using the default weather options in FSX, I can see snow or rain. I don´t understand that. I opened ports for AS16 in the firewall, renewed the shaders, went back to DX9, uninstalled the DX10 libaries in the Fixer over and over again, no luck.

Hope somebody has an idea, because I think this problem should have many users.

Thank you for support

Peter

Is this windows 11? I believe that  AS16 and ActiveSkyNext don’t work at all on windows 11.  
I believe that there is a patch for AS16.

If it isn’t windows 11 then

does it work in dx9 ( your post isn’t clear)?

does it work in dx10 with fixer libraries uninstalled?

does it work in dx10 with fixer libraries installed but rain fix disabled.

is there a missing texture? - enable missing texture alert in fsx.cfg.

based on the answers I suspect that your best approach may be to raise a support ticket at hifi simulations but I will look at what you report back.

1 hour ago, SteveFx said:

Is this windows 11? I believe that  AS16 and ActiveSkyNext don’t work at all on windows 11.  
I believe that there is a patch for AS16.

It is Windows 10 on both machines, client and server.

does it work in dx9 ( your post isn’t clear)

still not tested

does it work in dx10 with fixer libraries uninstalled?

not tested, because, that makes for me no sense.

does it work in dx10 with fixer libraries installed but rain fix disabled

where is the rain fix? you mean the strech fix. I think there are only two options...

is there a missing texture? - enable missing texture alert in fsx.cfg.

do I find that in the fixer? debug? I enabled all in there.

Also read this one

Yes, I already saw that without a good result.

So I think there is still some work to do. I guess it would be the best bet to reinstall AS16+ASCA.

I would proceed like this:

1. switch back to DX9 in the fixer, uninstall the libaries, delete the shaders again, uninstall AS16+ASCA.

2. let the sim generate new shaders, install AS16+ASCA, and make a first test in DX9 with bad weather generated by AS16 in live mode (search function), and see what happens and report back in here.

3. After that I would goto the Sceneryfixer 5.3 (yes, it should be the latest registered payware version) and switch over to DX10, install the libaries and have antialiasing 4x to start the next test. Btw. I use also InvidiaInspector but I would not touch that.

Edited by Kalorien

If it doesn’t work in dx9 then it is  an Active sky issue relating to firewall or perhaps a missing texture. All you have to do to test this is press the switch to dx9 button in the fixer controller.

If it works in dx9 but doesn’t  work in dx10 without the fixer libraries then it clearly isn’t a fixer issue but must be an ASN issue relating to the base dx10 shaders or the different handling of missing texture in dx10 vs dx9. Note that in dx10 without the fixer rain works but looks bad.

if it works in dx9, works ( albeit badly) in dx10 and works in dx10 with the fixer libraries installed and the rain shader unticked in controller file->debug then it’s a conflict between active sky shader changes and the fixer. I think that’s unlikely mind.

If test 1 or 2 suggests that a missing texture could be the issue then you need to Google fsx.cfg missing texture alert to find instructions eg here for instance.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php/Missing_textures

The most likely explanation is something firewall related,  but if you test as I suggest you can narrow it down.

It was a firewall problem 🤭 Oh god, I forgot an entry at the server. That took a lot time to find out, geez. Hahaha

Thank you Steve!

17 hours ago, SteveFx said:

If it doesn’t work in dx9 then it is  an Active sky issue relating to firewall or perhaps a missing texture. All you have to do to test this is press the switch to dx9 button in the fixer controller.

If it works in dx9 but doesn’t  work in dx10 without the fixer libraries then it clearly isn’t a fixer issue but must be an ASN issue relating to the base dx10 shaders or the different handling of missing texture in dx10 vs dx9. Note that in dx10 without the fixer rain works but looks bad.

if it works in dx9, works ( albeit badly) in dx10 and works in dx10 with the fixer libraries installed and the rain shader unticked in controller file->debug then it’s a conflict between active sky shader changes and the fixer. I think that’s unlikely mind.

If test 1 or 2 suggests that a missing texture could be the issue then you need to Google fsx.cfg missing texture alert to find instructions eg here for instance.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php/Missing_textures

The most likely explanation is something firewall related,  but if you test as I suggest you can narrow it down.

I was going all through that and there was never rain and also the texture missing alert didn´t come up. So, then I started to look into the security maniac in windows 10 and made there lots of new exception rules. Om top I reconfigured the folder permission rules again, because some were not as user owned (read/write was ok). Of course at the end I had a look in the firewall rules and voila. But I learned again and very ok. You gave me very good support! Thank you again Steve. Have a nice christmas 🎄👍