Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Parking Brake

I have just noticed that I can set the parking brake in my PMDG 737-600 with the left mouse button, but I am not able to release it. Surely it should be like an ON/OFF switch? :huh: How do I resolve this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)

Realistic option enabled, requiring that you tap the rudder pedals while you disengage it 🙂

You can disable it, but then it will not work like the "real thing", where both to engage and disengage you have to tap the pedals.

Something typical of the "Boings" I became aware of for the first time by 1997 when I started using Aerowinx PS1 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just noticed that I can set the parking brake in my PMDG 737-600 with the left mouse button, but I am not able to release it. Surely it should be like an ON/OFF switch? :huh: How do I resolve this?

Been a while since I have flown this but if memory serves one must depress both toe brakes and then release the parking brake.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Posted (edited)

The problem with this theory is that I have the Parking Brake set to SIMPLE (the default setting). I assume that this setting should enable the parking brake to be disengaged with a mouse click?

EDIT: Coincidentally, I had another issue at the same time. The yellow warning button was lit on the panel, and FLT CON was illuminated next to it. That stopped me from using the flight controls. It turns out that my plane needed a bit of maintenance :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Realistic parking brake operation in the "old" Boeing A/c is to fully depress the brake pedals and pull up the Parking brake lever.

This mechanically holds the pedals depressed and a switch in the lever, causes a brake return valve to close.

The release is to push the pedals which releases the holding mechanism, allows the pedals to return to normal. The lever drops down & the brake return valve opens. The parking brake light and valve is a function of the position of the parking brake lever.

Kev