Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This autopilot disconnecting is starting to be annoying. 

Have you checked that your Turbulance setting in the ASSISTANCE>PILOTING menu is set to Low.

I got AP disconnects on my first flight, then was told to set turbulance to Low, did so, and haven't seen another disconnect in around 15 flights since.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I've never had the AP disconnect by itself and TB is still set to realistic, I'd a very bumpy ride over the English Channel on descent into Heathrow the other night too.

My problem is disconnecting it manually, I'm still getting the Red warning on the ECAM with the loud warning despite trying several configs on my TCA and also trying what Bob mentioned (double click on disconnect). The only way to stop the alarm is to cancel it on the ecam which takes my eyes off the road at a critical phase.

It's the only issue I've had since download.

• Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

46 minutes ago, JYW said:

Have you checked that your Turbulance setting in the ASSISTANCE>PILOTING menu is set to Low.

I got AP disconnects on my first flight, then was told to set turbulance to Low, did so, and haven't seen another disconnect in around 15 flights since.

Yes, it has been set on low for a long time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, it has been set on low for a long time. 

Ah, ok.

Bit of a mystery it seems how some suffer this issue.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

44 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

My problem is disconnecting it manually, I'm still getting the Red warning on the ECAM with the loud warning despite trying several configs on my TCA and also trying what Bob mentioned (double click on disconnect).

The button on your stick must be set to 'AUTOPILOT OFF', not any other function. If that is done the first press will disconnect the AP and the second will silence the alarm (after a minimum of one cavalry charge I believe),

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ian Box

Katie Pilot, the one that programmed the EFB on the Fenix, just got promoted to Captain, with the airline she flies for...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, ConstVoid said:

The button on your stick must be set to 'AUTOPILOT OFF', not any other function. If that is done the first press will disconnect the AP and the second will silence the alarm (after a minimum of one cavalry charge I believe),

I'll give this a try, I'm sure I tried that setting already but I can't be sure. Thanks for the headsup.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

53 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Katie Pilot, the one that programmed the EFB on the Fenix, just got promoted to Captain, with the airline she flies for...

Just to let you know It's not even Katie's EFB anymore not even her code now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Just to let you know It's not even Katie's EFB anymore not even her code now. 

Yes Katie has left Fenix programming for her new duties IRL and Blackboxx711 are not part of the Beta team anymore. Both had influence on Fenix though. 

5 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Yes Katie has left Fenix programming for her new duties IRL and Blackboxx711 are not part of the Beta team anymore. Both had influence on Fenix though. 

She is back as a moderator on their Discord channel. 

spacer.png

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

She is back as a moderator on their Discord channel. 

Probably true but I never do Discord its a mess.

Just now, JBDB-MD80 said:

Probably true but I never do Discord its a mess.

I love Discord, you want  a quick answer,  you get it there. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I do not get AP disconnect but the A/THR goes wild on finals... I think I had this also in the past, I will also set the Turbulence back to LOW, maybe this is the issue.

One other issue on my approach to FRA today, the plane did not follow the STAR... instead of turning to final, was going straight 😄

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, JYW said:

Bit of a mystery it seems how some suffer this issue.

I think Aamir explained this some 100 posts back. 

So, this is an interesting one - but we're finding out users that are unable to engage AP are in AoA Prot submode, which stays engaged after it has kicked in, even if you're no longer in that situation - in order to disconnect AoA Prot submode, do the following:

ELOsLmW.jpg

Also, I've found that if this doesn't help, autothrottle off, idle thrust then AT on fixes the issue. Not ideal of course, but I'm sure they're working diligently on a hotfix. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

My money is on an update tomorrow or Tuesday